Kentucky 75 Mississippi 66

Bluto

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tougher than it seemed it would be. Ole Miss makes a 9-0 run about midway through the second half and the game was never comfortable again until the very end.

Aside from the fouls, Miller looks like he is finally becoming the player we all want him to be. Liggins was outstanding today on defense.

Nice to get a win with zero production out of Jones. I know he had foul trouble but he was not into this game at all when he was on the floor. Compare that to what Miller did today despite being in foul trouble. Also note, Jones was not on the floor the last couple of minutes. I think after he jacked up the three early in the shot clock, Cal had seen enough.

I think Darius Miller is playing his best ball as a Wildcat. He is the X factor that UK has been missing a big part of the year. The last couple of weeks he is showing us what Cal has been talking about seeing in practices. Add Miller's mid range game to Lamb and Knight with Harrelson picking up the scraps inside and this team is coming together at the right time. If they can get Jones to play inside then they are going to be a very tough out in the tournament.

Vegas had it at 9.5... Unreal.

You know Vegas doesn't completely base their line on what they expect to happen in the game. They base it on what the bettors expect to happen. They want an equal amount of money on either side of the spread. That is why the line moves. If they were setting the line based on what they expected to happen, then the line in a game would never move.

You know Vegas doesn't completely base their line on what they expect to happen in the game. They base it on what the bettors expect to happen. They want an equal amount of money on either side of the spread. That is why the line moves. If they were setting the line based on what they expected to happen, then the line in a game would never move.

Game opened at 9'. Moved to 8' with action on Ole Miss. UK covered with the hook.

Game opened at 9'. Moved to 8' with action on Ole Miss. UK covered with the hook.

That makes my point. The line moved to 8. If the people in Vegas who make the line thought UK was going to win by 9.5, why would they change their mind? They make the line based on splitting the money on both sides of the line. It is partially about what they expect to happen in the game and more importantly about what they think all the bettors expect to happen and where they will put their money. They don't want too much money bet on one side or the other.

That makes my point. The line moved to 8. If the people in Vegas who make the line thought UK was going to win by 9.5, why would they change their mind? They make the line based on splitting the money on both sides of the line. It is partially about what they expect to happen in the game and more importantly about what they think all the bettors expect to happen and where they will put their money. They don't want too much money bet on one side or the other.

That would be correct. In a perfect scenario they want the losers to pay the winners and they take the juice. Line went to 8.5 actually.