All "A" State Tournament To Frankfort In 2012

All “A” Classic Moving To Frankfort Convention Center in 2012

FRANKFORT, Ky. – The Touchstone Energy All “A” Basketball Classic will be moving to the Frankfort Convention Center in 2012.

The boys and girls tournament for small high schools will be Jan. 25-29, 2012, in Frankfort. The agreement announced today calls for the tournament to be held at the Frankfort Convention Center for three years.

The Frankfort Convention Center arena has 5,365 seats and is located in the heart of historical downtown Frankfort.

The All “A” Classic also announced that its golf tournament will be moving to the Silo Club in Paducah and its volleyball tournament will be moving to the Paducah Regional Sports Complex.

For questions please call Mr. Stan Steidel at (859) 655-9545.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you posted this Mustang, as Stan told me about it last week at the Ninth Region Tourney and as a non All "A" person, I didn't feel it was my place to break the news.

One of the hang ups from what I was told was playing the Championship Games on Super Bowl Sundays the last couple of year!

And my guess and again it is only my guess, look for the BOKC to host it when the next contract comes up!

While there were rumblings that Richmond had grown disenchanted with the "A" State in the past few years, it was a general consensus that the "A" Committee, The City of Richmond, and Eastern Kentucky University were all back in love again. Obviously this is not the case.

I personally hate to see it leave Richmond for the Civic Cener in Frankfort. I've finally gotten to know the ins and outs of McBrayer and the City of Richmond.

Most of the motel/hotels in Frankfort with the exception of the on-site Capitol Plaza Hotel are up on the hill, and parking at the convention center can be a nightmare.

If we are fortunate to get back there we will have to give it a go and see how it shakes out.

I have attended Girls State Tournaments there in the past. The Civic Center will be a much more cosy venue, and will give the impression of huge crowds.

The KHSAA recently held the state wrestling meet there.

Was thinking that the BOKC here in Northern Kentucky might not be centrally located enough to get a shot at the "A" State tournament, but then they've moved the golf and volleyball to Paducah - so much for central location.

Housing could also be a problem here in NoKy.

Agree--Will miss EKU!!

Can't believe moving the golf to Paducah. No disrespect to our western brethern, but it's a heckova long way from eastern & northern KY, and close to only a handful of schools?

And Silos is not much of a golf course.

Was thinking that the BOKC here in Northern Kentucky might not be centrally located enough to get a shot at the "A" State tournament, but then they've moved the golf and volleyball to Paducah - so much for central location.

Thats the kicker...need some more hotels in that immediate area.

Agree--Will miss EKU!!

Can't believe moving the golf to Paducah. No disrespect to our western brethern, but it's a heckova long way from eastern & northern KY, and close to only a handful of schools?

It is not a short drive for WKY to come to Richmond.

Housing could also be a problem here in NoKy.[/QUOTE]

You are kidding aren't you? Their is more quality hotel space within 10/15 miles of the BOKC than in all of Richmond or Frankfort and all of it is via the Interstate. Sure it isn't within walking distance but housing a problem? I don't think so! Now if you want to talk about cheap housing, then you got me!

I don't care how many times people tell me, or who tells me, there IS enough hotels in the area! It's just a short drive to as many hotels as anyone would need in Kenton Co!

Take the distance from Rupp to the hotels the KHSAA uses off of exit 115, just nort of the Holiday Inn. At least by air miles, that is the same distance as it is from NKU to just past Dickmann's on Orphanage Rd, just a little futher and you have a ton of hotels! They could use that new hotel off of the Wilder exit for all of the All A big shots.

And as TOG mentioned, not only do you have enough hotels, you also have quality hotels!