Madison Central 42 Tates Creek 41

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny because two months ago after Central beat Mason County for the 2nd time, a few people on here were ripping the Royals saying Central was a lower tier 11th team, etc, etc.

It was obvious to me and a few others that the Indians had obviously overcome whatever was troubling them early in the year. Yes, this is an upset, but this is a darn good Central team and they have been since that rough start. Because the 11th is a state tournament in and of itself, they still have to win one more game to get to Rupp.

Don't count Central out ever. Remember when they beat an "unbeatable Scott Co team lead by Mackey and Haddix". Felhaus is a "smart like a fox" coach. In my opinion the best coach in the region. Don't be surprised if they make it to Rupp, and I will say again that he works refs better than any coach, including Billy Hicks. As a matter of fact I think he is heads and shoulders a better coach than Hicks.

Madison Central got their wake up call with the one point win over Franklin County. Look like Tates Creek was still reading their press clippings about their easy win over Henry Clay and their matchup with Lex Catholic in the 11th Region finals

Watched a video on IHigh but the video was way too grainy to tell one way or the other. I will say that neither of the two officials on the camera shot signaled a 3 pointer. You can't see the other official. The scoreboard on IHigh shows tie game then officials huddle up and then come out and signal a 3. Anyone got a better video?

The official 5 feet away and behind Covington immediately called it a 3. I thought it was a 2 but when the officials met to discuss (at least they huddled up this year) the one that rules was explaining to the other two officials that his foot was on the college line, not the high school line.