Track the NBA basketball season. March

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night the Heat blew a 24 point lead to the Magic as Orlando won in impressive fashion. The Heat have struggled all season in closing out games and have a tendency to go in odd droughts... mainly because they have no structure. First half was about as good as I have seen them play, scoring 63 points with Wade and James both over 20 and only missing 3 shots combined. Second half was a complete role reversal.

I can't believe the Heat blew that game last night. I kept seeing tweets with how awesome they were but that quickly went away in the 2nd half.

Bugatti would we be allowed to have a monthly NBA thread? I know we weren't allowed to have just 1 or 2 for the year because they got to long but there usually isn't enough discussion about it in just a week.

Last night the Heat blew a 24 point lead to the Magic as Orlando won in impressive fashion. The Heat have struggled all season in closing out games and have a tendency to go in odd droughts... mainly because they have no structure. First half was about as good as I have seen them play, scoring 63 points with Wade and James both over 20 and only missing 3 shots combined. Second half was a complete role reversal.

They were like 18-21 in the first half!!!

I can't believe the Heat blew that game last night. I kept seeing tweets with how awesome they were but that quickly went away in the 2nd half.

Bugatti would we be allowed to have a monthly NBA thread? I know we weren't allowed to have just 1 or 2 for the year because they got to long but there usually isn't enough discussion about it in just a week.

Do whatever your heart desires :D When they get so long, it gets confusing for all.

I watched the 4th quarter, and it was ugly from a Heat perspective. Orlando trailed 80-71 heading into the final period. Miami scored the first two of the quarter to take an 82-71 lead. Orlando turned the ball over 4 times in the first 3 minutes of the quarter, yet Miami did nothing. Here's the first three minutes of the 4th in a nutshell.

Gilbert Arenas turns the ball over.

Bosh hits a 19' jumper (82-71).

Dwight Howard gets fouled, hits two FT's (82-73).

Dwyane Wade gets fouled, misses two FT's.

Backcourt violation, Magic turnover.

Jason Richardson hits a three (82-76).

Jason Richardson hits a three (82-79).

Timeout Miami.

After the timeout, a Ryan Anderson layup was sandwiched between two Arenas threes to give Orlando an 87-82 lead. Miami called another timeout. After the timeout, Nelson hits layup to cap an 18-0 run and give Orlando an 89-82 lead.

The Magic hit 16 of 29 from long range. Miami was 3 of 17. The trio of Chalmers, Bibby and Miller were 3 of 12. Ugly performance in the second half, especially the 4th quarter, by Miami. They got outscored 28-16 in the last quarter, and 54-33 in the half.

They've got some big games coming up against the Lakers and Bulls. I think they need to find a way to win at least one of those. I would say beating Chicago is more important for seeding in the conference and confidence against them in a possible playoff matchup.

Wow Miami is bad right now. My brother was so mad about this one, but I'm resigned to the fact that the Three Amigo's deserve this. If for no other reason that stupid championship party they had when all three of them signed.

It's not just the fact that Miami is playing bad. San Antonio is really good right now too. :D

It's not just the fact that Miami is playing bad. San Antonio is really good right now too. :D

:thumb: No doubt. I've been on the Spurs since about December, it would be boring to watch them make a deep run but it would be nice to see Duncan make one final push for a title before his career is over IMO.