Dixie Heights 55 Highlands 45

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Birds showed a ton of heart in the 2nd half. They cut it to 2 with just over a minute to play. Trammel and Hatton were the difference as I expected. Stewart had a great game. Congrats to all of the Highlands Seniors. Stewart, Crowley, Egan and Dean all had great years.

Good Luck to the Colonels.

Nice second half by the birds. To bad they did not play with the same urgency the first half. I imagine many will be asking when will that Hatton boy graduate. He is special for a frosh. Very smooth nice body control. Good luck Dixie moving forward.

At one point in the first half Dixie led 32-12. Highlands cut it to 3 outscoring the Colonels 31-15 and Deano got a steal but turned it over. A score there would have cut it to 1 but it wasn't meant to be. Dixie made their Free throws in the last 30 seconds.

Deano got a steal but turned it over.

What game were you watching...Deano made a great pass and the player dropped the ball. According to you this team only has two players, Stewart and Crowley.

Unfortunately.. Dean is charged with the turnover..I know it seems unfair, but unless the player receiving the pass maintains possession the one who passed the ball is charged with the turnover.

Unfortunately.. Dean is charged with the turnover..I know it seems unfair, but unless the player receiving the pass maintains possession the one who passed the ball is charged with the turnover.

Then Deano must of had 10 turnovers in the first half!!!

WOW !!!!!!! I thought Hatton may be on track....maybe not.

Let's assume he plays 90 more games and averages 20 points ending up at about 2800.

There would still be at least 30 people in front of him.

King Kelly Coleman did that before the three-point line was in play. The man will forever be a legend in high school basketball in the state of Kentucky.

As for the game, it looked like it was going to be a blowout after the first quarter and for much of the second, then Highlands started chipping away little by little. They showed great heart and determination in getting the game back to where they did. Oh and hats off to the Dixie Heights guards...they sure can play for being as small as they are.

This was an all too familiar scene for Dixie fans.... jumping out to a big lead, getting real conservative in the second half, and letting teams back in it.

They should've put the nails in the coffin and didn't.....hopefully a wake up call for the boys.