How Palmer Showed His Leadership

Reggie Kelly talking about how Palmer showed his leadership by what he wouldn't say.

Kelly said. "I watch him. I watch how much he sacrificed. Fans don't see what happens in the locker room and on the field. There were times he took the blame when it wasn't his fault. A lot of times. There would be a lot of guys that would have blamed someone else. But he never did. That's leadership. He's our quarterback. He's my quarterback. We don't want to lose him."

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-looking-downhill-at-deadline/5453eb99-f9f8-4912-a671-64da86275f92

^Says the guy who would have the Bengals draft Cam Newton, sign Vernon Ghoulston, and go after A.J. Hawk....:lol: I never thought I'd say it, but thank God Mike Brown is making the decisions and not you.

I am also the person that is mad that they drafted Andre Smith instead the tackle that plays for the Vikings, drafting Chris Perry when they could have got Steve Jackson, but I was really mad they didn't draft Deshaun Jackson instead we got Simpson. For the past 2 season I was mad they didn't play Coffman who can catch everything thrown to him.

I am also the person that is mad that they drafted Andre Smith instead the tackle that plays for the Vikings, drafting Chris Perry when they could have got Steve Jackson, but I was really mad they didn't draft Deshaun Jackson instead we got Simpson. For the past 2 season I was mad they didn't play Coffman who can catch everything thrown to him.

So let me get this straight....You're complaining about all the Bengals draft busts, and want them to go out draft another bust with the 4th overall pick, and sign two big 1st round busts? Yeah, that's logical. :lol:

Big freaking deal... How about you call the person out who is making the mistakes and fix them instead of taking the blame and brushing it under the rug so it can happen again. That's not a leader to me. Being a leader is a lot lot more than taking the blame for the mistake of someone else. A real leader would go to that person and FIX the problem once and for all. Just because someone is a nice guy it doesn't make them a leader.

Maybe he took the blame because he felt guilty looking around the locker room knowing he was going home to 80 MILLION DOLLARS. Being a leader doesnt include crying and quitting in the off season. Wanting to be traded is one thing but the trade me or Ill go home is just plan sad.

You can hardly blame the Bengals for this pick. He was the one of the top two rated OT's in the draft that year by every team. Shame the Bengals got stuck with him, but the same mistake would have been made by just about any other team drafting in that spot that was in need of an OT.

You can hardly blame the Bengals for this pick. He was the one of the top two rated OT's in the draft that year by every team. Shame the Bengals got stuck with him, but the same mistake would have been made by just about any other team drafting in that spot that was in need of an OT.

I don't think every team would have drafted the most out of shape player in the draft!

Big freaking deal... How about you call the person out who is making the mistakes and fix them instead of taking the blame and brushing it under the rug so it can happen again. That's not a leader to me. Being a leader is a lot lot more than taking the blame for the mistake of someone else. A real leader would go to that person and FIX the problem once and for all. Just because someone is a nice guy it doesn't make them a leader.

:thumb:Exactly what I was thinking! It sounds like he did not have enough you know what to call them out.

That is EXACTLY what a leader does. Everyone knows the issues in that locker room with guys like Ocho and their ego. Have any idea how bad it would've been if their QB was calling them out on a weekly basis? How many people will it take to come out and support Palmer, guys that are actually there, for you all to realize it wasn't Palmer? Good lord, you're saying that multiple people in the locker room are wrong and you are right. I'd be interested to hear your personal experiences with what has gone on in that locker room.

That is EXACTLY what a leader does. Everyone knows the issues in that locker room with guys like Ocho and their ego. Have any idea how bad it would've been if their QB was calling them out on a weekly basis? How many people will it take to come out and support Palmer, guys that are actually there, for you all to realize it wasn't Palmer? Good lord, you're saying that multiple people in the locker room are wrong and you are right. I'd be interested to hear your personal experiences with what has gone on in that locker room.

You do not have to call them out in the media or even in front of everyone in the locker room. But if you are a leader you can call them out one on one or during films.

One way or the other as the leader you have to hold them accountable.