Pre-Season All-State

Knuckle

Congrats to Jordan Martin for being on the Pre Season All-American team. He is the younger brother of Harrison County's and now University of the Cumberland's Jared Martin. For the ones who dont know who Jordan is, he is a sophomore from Harrison County High School and he started the state championship game last season as a FRESHMAN. Phenomenal baseball player.

Not too many representatives from the NKY area. I hadn't previously heard of Aaron Goe from Grant County, who made the list. Looked him up online and he's a hard-throwing RHP who has signed with Morehead State. Morehead head coach was quoted as saying: “He features a fastball that can reach into the low 90s and a big breaking ball. Aaron has an extreme amount of upside and certainly projects as a starter. Aaron is a strong student-athlete who we believe will be recognized both on the field and in the classroom during his time at Morehead State University.” In addition, I found the following YouTube video

of him and his mother on a recent mission trip to Haiti. Seems like a very nice young man. Best of luck to him (except when you play Ryle, of course :cool:).

Not too many representatives from the NKY area. I hadn't previously heard of Aaron Goe from Grant County, who made the list. Looked him up online and he's a hard-throwing RHP who has signed with Morehead State. Morehead head coach was quoted as saying: “He features a fastball that can reach into the low 90s and a big breaking ball. Aaron has an extreme amount of upside and certainly projects as a starter. Aaron is a strong student-athlete who we believe will be recognized both on the field and in the classroom during his time at Morehead State University.” In addition, I found the following YouTube video
of him and his mother on a recent mission trip to Haiti. Seems like a very nice young man. Best of luck to him (except when you play Ryle, of course :cool:).

Goe is a very, very good kid and a great baseball player. But I have seen him throw on several occasions and honestly I didnt think he even threw 85 when I saw him. Dont get me wrong he is a heck of a pitcher but I dont think he has the velocity that Coach Sorge says. Anyways good luck to a great man and a GREAT student in the classroom.

As usual, a lot of very deserving players are listed and several equally deserving players left off. Not bad for pre-season consideration, though. It would seem they would have given consideration to all of the kids who made last year's East/West Junior All-Star team.

Goe is a very, very good kid and a great baseball player. But I have seen him throw on several occasions and honestly I didnt think he even threw 85 when I saw him. Dont get me wrong he is a heck of a pitcher but I dont think he has the velocity that Coach Sorge says. Anyways good luck to a great man and a GREAT student in the classroom.

I personally saw Goe throw at a WKU showcase early last fall and the stadium radar gun was in use while he was pitching. He topped out at 86-87 and was consistenly around 84... He has a sharp breaking ball and above average control. Great Kid.