Pet Peeves, Rearend chafers, etc.

spindoc

I know we've had this thread many times, but if you're like me, you develop new ones.

Here's my new one.

When you're in the line at McDonalds and the horse's rearend in front of you (especially in the dual lane McD's) won't pull up within 10 feet of the car in front of him which keeps you from being able to get to the speaker to order, and eventually allows another car from the other lane to sneak up in front of you and getting the line out of whack.

I knew I had road rage, now I have drive thru rage.

If I could, I'd drive my backhoe through the drive thru and I'd just raise the rearend of papaw's Crown Vic with the bucket and simply help him close the gap.:irked:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My pet peeve is dual lane McDonalds in general. It seems to serve no purpose, and I always end up having to repeat my order at the window just to make sure I get the right thing.

When it started I just assumed there would always be problems.

Have never had one wrong order.

I've never had a wrong order either... Because when I get up to the window, they lean out and say "What'd you have?"

I didn't even mention the many fender benders I've come close to having because someone decided they didn't want to play by the rules and take turns.

The charging call is my pet peeve. Way too many times the defensive player slides or leans as the offensive player jumps and it still called a charge. In a typical game, 1/3 to 1/2 of the charging calls should not be called charging IMO. If a defensive player gets to the mark , sets his/her feet and doesn't lean to draw the contact then that is great. I enjoy seeing someone tough enough to take the charge and applaud their effort. I don't enjoy the still moving defensive player who somehow gets the charging call.

The charging call is my pet peeve. Way too many times the defensive player slides or leans as the offensive player jumps and it still called a charge. In a typical game, 1/3 to 1/2 of the charging calls should not be called charging IMO. If a defensive player gets to the mark , sets his/her feet and doesn't lean to draw the contact then that is great. I enjoy seeing someone tough enough to take the charge and applaud their effort. I don't enjoy the still moving defensive player who somehow gets the charging call.

Depends on what you mean when you say "moving." Being still is not a requirement for a PC foul.

What about the guy who rolls up to the end of the 4 mile traffic jam and squeezes in traffic?

Or uses the emergency lane to get around backed up traffic on the off ramp. I sometimes will pull my car half-way into the emergency lane just so people can't "cut in line".