Scotty Hopson

Where will the 6'6 Hopson end up playing his college ball? He made the soft verbal to Mississippi St early on in the recruting process, but after taking the pass on signing during the fall signing period - he has the recruting junkies debating his ever move.

BCG and Alex Legion attended his game a few weeks ago, which led many to decide BCG's interest in yet another guard was a factor in AL's hasty decision to leave the Cats. Hopson has still not ruled out coming to Kentucky, and thus his recruitment stays open with offers from some huge programs.

Where do you think Scotty will end up playing his college ball? If anyone is involved with the University Heights program and has any info - that would be great.

My gut tells me he will end up staying with Missippi St, but as a true blue blood I would love to see him joining Miller and Liggins in next year's recruiting class.

I'm hearing that Tennessee will be in the running. I believe Bruce Pearl was at his game at the Marshall County Hoopfest.

Pearl is a die hard recruiter; a limb cut from the same tree as BCG. The Vols have taken one too many instate phenoms from us and made us pay for it - I truly hope BP doesnt get Hopson's services.

Louisville is in the mix. Pitino contacted him this weekend. I read a quote from Hopson talking about Tenn., UK and UofL all being in the mix.

UK needs to quit the lovefest with the guards and get some big men.

I'm sure UK would love to get some big men but unfortuantly none are intrested and if a top 10 player in the nation(as rated by rivals) just falls in your lap then why not pursue him? I personally would be glad if hopson were to make a verbal to Kentucky. Back to big men, It sure would be nice if a top center decommited and listed kentucky as an option.

The BIG Booster at UHA is a UT man and speaks to Pearl 3-4 times a week. This summer Pearl was in town to visit this certain booster and the two of them made an appearance at one of the UHA summer workouts. If you play for UHA it's like a written rule that UT is always a possibility. They got Isiah Voctor after some persuasion and tried to talk Lamont Barnes into signing there. Andre Buckner had a offer from UT prior to the Duke offer and the same for Ravi Moss.

I wouldn't rule out North Carolina. Hopson went to the Vince Carter Nike Camp and was the talk of the camp. Vince Carter sung his praises highly after several one on one conversations and 1 on 1 skill competitions. Word is Carter made the call to Roy Williams himself and UNC has been in to see him. Hopson came away this summer with a totally different outlook at everything. One recruiting evaluater said that everything they had read and been told about Hopson was not apparent to them when they talked to him and watched him at camps this summer. They was pleased with his work ethic he showed. As they put it he said and did all the right things BUT it was the things/work he did when he didn't know anybody was watching that really impressed them all.

Stansburry has 4-5 close contacts in Hopkinsville and Clarksville, TN and he's trying to keep MSU in Hopson's ear. With one of the Delk twins at UL their a possibility because of his friendship with the Delk Brothers. But also his AAU Coach and Stansburry are real close and many think that's where he will still end up.