Would you define this as a problem for Highlands?

theguru

I don't have any numbers but they appear to be putting the ball on the ground at an alarming rate. Do you think it is a problem for the Birds or just an anomaly?

Definitely a problem. Luckily they have been good enough to win the games. I just saw one of Hurt's fumbles and anyone would have fumbled that one when a kids helmet hits the ball hand directly and knocks the ball out. That's an exception though.

I don't have any numbers but they appear to be putting the ball on the ground at an alarming rate. Do you think it is a problem for the Birds or just an anomaly?

Not exaxtly an anomaly... the balls on the turf were present last year and caused at least one loss if not two. This year the Birds have been fortunate enough that the loss of possession has not factored into the outcome of the contest.

As we get into post season play, the Birds must hold onto the pigskin to be able to grasp the state trophy.

Ummm... Anytime you fumble, its a problem. A very correctable problem, but definitely a problem.