Bardstown 42 Washington Co. 0

Hearsay

Tigers were smooth in this one. 3 and out for Washington to start the game, punt to Scott he returns it 40 yards to the Commander 20. Next play, Scott 20 yd. TD. Next play Scott throws for 2 pt. conversion, 8-0 Bardstown. All Tigers from there. Highlight reel moment: 3rd quarter, Scott goes up the gut, jukes a linebacker, and then stiff-arms the free safety into the turf enroute to a long TD run.

I was very impressed by the "makeshift" O and D lines for Bardstown tonight. McMakin out for the Tigers, Carter takes off his tight end jersey and puts on a lineman jersey (finally), and the Tigers don't miss a beat at OT. Saw Gesser and Helton downfield making second blocks on several plays. Good offensive play-calling by Clark/Blanford, I love putting the two big fullbacks out at slot and running toss sweep.

Washington County was simply overmatched, but their effort was good. I am sure not having Beuter and Wolfe affected them some. I thought QB Simms played his guts out, he was all over the field tonight.

I also want to tip my cap to coach Mark Perry. This was a very, very clean game. Tiger varsity had no turnovers, Commanders had two INT's but one at the end of half trying to throw it up. Very few penalties between the teams. No personal fouls that I can recall. Classy move: Tigers send in their reserves late in the 3rd when its 42-0; instead of leaving his defensive starters in, Perry sends his reserves in on defense and plays skill-on-skill level.

The best thing for me was to watch the smiles of the Tigers as they ran off the field. Its always better when you win.

I thought Bardstown looked very good. A lot more energy. Defensive line is really doing a nice job, especially that little #53. Elizabethtown throws a lot, the d-line will need to get a lot more QB pressure this week because I'm still not convinced the secondary can hack it.