Lone Oak 34 Calloway County 28

Game could have easily gone either way. Lakers went up 21-0 at half and couldn't hold on late without Tyrrell Willis on def. He went out with rib injury in 4Q and Laker defense was in scramble mode rest of the way. No difference between the two clubs, IMO.

A bad wide-open call (nobody has disputed it as bad call on other sites) with about 3:30 left cost the Lakers a TD that would have iced the game in regulation. Open downfield clean pancake block by Laker QB on LO QB was called illegal by out of position ref. Two TDS were actually called back on that same drive. Good comeback for LO. Robinson and Brockman both will show big numbers and ran their teams very well in big-game situation.

Unfortunately, poor post-game sportsmanship nearly resulted in fight. Wildly celebrating LO students put flag in ground in midfield logo. CC coach got on the field before the CC students and prevented a possible riot. LB/RB Tyrrell

Potential rematch in the playoffs would be a dandy!

Lone Oak is the better team, but they put themselves in a bad position early with two snaps over the punter's head. Both resulted in short-field touchdown drives and an early 14-0 lead that was 21-0 in the second quarter.

Nice comeback by Lone Oak, but Willis' injury (a concussion, according to the coaching staff) didn't help the Lakers' chances, either.

Lone Oak better? No - just not much difference. Yes, better by 6 in OT tonight. But game could still have gone either way. Calloway has more offensive weapons. Difference is line play, which goes to Lone Oak. Robinson had all night to throw. Def pressure was sporadic at best. Calloway secondary did a good job for the length of time they had to cover LO receivers. Assessment on QBs? Robinson throws lots of jump balls to Brown. Brockman spreads it out more on long and touch passes, and under more pressure. It will be another barn burner if they meet again, I'm sure. Again, blown ref call on CC touchdown - and Calloway fumble with 1:35 remaining on 3rd down - were both big.

Lone Oak better? No - just not much difference. Yes, better by 6 in OT tonight. But game could still have gone either way. Calloway has more offensive weapons. Difference is line play, which goes to Lone Oak. Robinson had all night to throw. Def pressure was sporadic at best. Calloway secondary did a good job for the length of time they had to cover LO receivers. Assessment on QBs? Robinson throws lots of jump balls to Brown. Brockman spreads it out more on long and touch passes, and under more pressure. It will be another barn burner if they meet again, I'm sure. Again, blown ref call on CC touchdown - and Calloway fumble with 1:35 remaining on 3rd down - were both big.
I didn't say Lone Oak was a great deal better than Calloway, but I do think they're better because of their explosiveness. The Lakers got two gifts on the bad punt snaps, but Willis' absence was big, too.

Robinson throwing "lots of" jump balls to Brown? Robinson threw close to 40 passes and only about four or five, as I recall, were the type of plays you describe. Brown caught a couple and couldn't hold on to a couple, and one I think ended in a pass interference call. Heck, Lone Oak had at least five different receivers catch passes and at least three others (Edwards, Porter and Hobbs) had big gainers on catches. Robinson hit on a few "touch" passes, too.

As for the penalties ... the game was a flagfest. I doubt that either team was very happy with the way the game was called.

Westsider: give ya that one on the officiating. I don't think either team was happy with the calls throughout the game. Yes, Robinson did make some nice touch passes. If Lone Oak is #6 in the state, then Calloway deserves to be ranked too. Big win for the Flash, obviously. Calloway is trying to dig out of a series of miserable seasons too and this game, even in a loss, should be something for them to build on. Truth is, 3-4 plays are the difference from Calloway being 5-0 this year. Tough loss for the kids emotionally, but they can hopefully regain confidence after reviewing the films. Rematch will be a great one if it sets up.

Nice comeback win on the road by the Flash. In the future, cannot dig themselves that big of a hole & expect to get the win. Calloway is not a bad team & could have won the game if they had managed the ball better at the end of regulation. Lone Oak is definetly the more explosive team & I don't think a rematch (probably at Lone Oak) will be nearly as close. Lone Oak must defend against the pass better. Calloway is a very good team & will be dangerous for sure the next couple of years.

Westsider - Lakers did manage the ball pretty well at the end of the game. Unfortunately, they had TWO TDs called back in same drive on hotly disputed calls in last 3:00 of the game. Both were holding. One was in broad daylight and was CLEARLY a miscall on great downfield block that defender flopped on. The other was on the end, but was not even close either, as confirmed on Laker TV Replay Show. Still a great win for Lone Oak for validation for their team. This is a good Calloway team that could easily be 5-0 instead of 2-3. The two teams are very evenly matched and should meet again in November. The post-game antics by Lone Oak players at mid-field will serve as inspiration should the next meeting take place.

Westsider - Lakers did manage the ball pretty well at the end of the game.
I said nothing about Calloway's late-game management ... that was another poster.

Unfortunately, they had TWO TDs called back in same drive on hotly disputed calls in last 3:00 of the game. Both were holding. One was in broad daylight and was CLEARLY a miscall on great downfield block that defender flopped on. The other was on the end, but was not even close either, as confirmed on Laker TV Replay Show.
Both teams were unhappy with the officiating, best I can tell. Bottom line ... if Calloway doesn't blow a 21-0 lead that included a couple of gifts, the "hotly disputed calls" wouldn't have mattered.

The post-game antics by Lone Oak players at mid-field will serve as inspiration should the next meeting take place.
Oh, come on ... aren't you making a big deal about this for no reason?

Let's see ... Lone Oak trailed 21-0 on the road, rallied to tie it in the final minute and win the game in overtime. If I was them, I'd be celebrating, too. It's a big win ... people celebrate big wins. So sue them.

Westsider: apologies for attributing the time management to someone else. Wasn't going to blow this up fully on this thread, but you asked, so now feel compelled to put the issue out.

Question for BP posters: What would happen at your field and with your fans and players if an opposing player ran to midfield and stuck their school flag in your logo after a hotly-contested overtime loss? This after the visiting team refused to shake hands after the game. This is exactly what happened after the Lone Oak - Calloway game Friday night.

It was not a "sue them" issue, as you smartly referred to. It was very nearly a courtroom brawl right on the field until Calloway's coaching staff stepped in. And, I'm sure CC's players and coaches won't take it lightly next time they meet anywhere.

Westsider: apologies for attributing the time management to someone else. Wasn't going to blow this up fully on this thread, but you asked, so now feel compelled to put the issue out.

Question for BP posters: What would happen at your field and with your fans and players if an opposing player ran to midfield and stuck their school flag in your logo after a hotly-contested overtime loss? This after the visiting team refused to shake hands after the game. This is exactly what happened after the Lone Oak - Calloway game Friday night.

It was not a "sue them" issue, as you smartly referred to. It was very nearly a courtroom brawl right on the field until Calloway's coaching staff stepped in. And, I'm sure CC's players and coaches won't take it lightly next time they meet anywhere.

Well, Graves came out before the Mayfield game and stomped on our cardinal and we took em to the woodshed, :thumb: