Mayfield 35 Crittenden Co. 14

Toothpick

Not trying to be a jerk but I really expected a running clock in the 2nd half tonight. Did Mayfield let up on them?
I'm told Mayfield led 35-0 at the half. Anybody that knows Mayfield's program well knows the Cardinals take great pains not to run the score up on anyone ... they're too classy a program for that.

Not trying to be a jerk but I really expected a running clock in the 2nd half tonight. Did Mayfield let up on them?

I wondered if you were there Rocket, Mayfield came out of the gates strong and could have won this game by as much as they wanted...Coach Joe refuses to embarass another opponent and put it on cruise after halftime. I don't think Crittendon crossed midfield other than when Mayfield fumbled in their own territory until lots of the second team were in the game. Crittendon fought hard and has a few nice athletes!

Good crowd there for the Cards...

Mayfield shot themselves in the foot a few times fumbling 3-4 times. I thought Freshman QB Luke Guhy did a great job in Logan's absence.

Not sure what is going on with the team, but like 6 kids had on street clothes and Mayfield's RB Trevarthan reinjured his back, LB Jake Sweatman tweeked his good knee, and NT Lawson wore ice on his shoulder all second half. It looked like the hospital ward out there!:confused:

Cards lost focus in 2nd half according to Coach Morris. The reason so many starters were out was just Morris not wanting to take any chances on anyone getting hurt. Alot of minor injuries. Flawless first half and young Guhy was very impressive, he is going to be a great qb before he graduates. Crittenden never quit and impressed me with their effort

Good win for the Cards and it could have been a lot worse, but we lost focus in the second half...but we have to remember these are kids out there playing the game...plus this was a typical "trap" game sandwiched in between Graves and Tilghman on the schedule. But the Cards did what they needed to as they came out with focus in the first half and took control and let up a little in the second half and got some younger players in the game to rest up some of our starters. Levi Pruiett (who had a great first half on D) did not play in the second half as he is recovering from bronchitis, Coach Morris said this morning that Logan could very well be back this Friday night, and that they do not think that Jake Sweatman's injury is not too bad...but will have to wait and see how it responds. All in all should be okay health wise other than some bumps and bruisies...hats off to Dr. Williams and Mayfield's Trainer Lance Harper as they were the two busiest guys last night and then again this morning making sure our players stay healthy during the season.

Good win for the Cards and it could have been a lot worse, but we lost focus in the second half...but we have to remember these are kids out there playing the game...plus this was a typical "trap" game sandwiched in between Graves and Tilghman on the schedule. But the Cards did what they needed to as they came out with focus in the first half and took control and let up a little in the second half and got some younger players in the game to rest up some of our starters. Levi Pruiett (who had a great first half on D) did not play in the second half as he is recovering from bronchitis, Coach Morris said this morning that Logan could very well be back this Friday night, and that they do not think that Jake Sweatman's injury is not too bad...but will have to wait and see how it responds. All in all should be okay health wise other than some bumps and bruisies...hats off to Dr. Williams and Mayfield's Trainer Lance Harper as they were the two busiest guys last night and then again this morning making sure our players stay healthy during the season.

Thanks for the info voice, I was wondering how these boys were doing, I know Harper was at one point tending to one player and didn't see em calling for him to go see another, they were going everywhere!! I saw Logan there without a sling and he was moving his arm around and seemed to look pretty good but you never know. I know he can't want to miss his senior game at Tilghman but he could miss the game to prepare for the playoffs, but if Morris says he may come back, its likely he'll get to play some.