New Football Programs In NKY

FTBIGBIRD

you are going to have to give brossart some time but they will be good in a couple of years

I agree, not that they are going to knock off the breds anytime soon, but they can definitely hang with some 1A teams and the Pendletons and Brackens out there. I am happy to see all these new schools get football, I personally think every school should have football, but thats just IMHO!!

Brossart and Bracken and Pendleton (and just about anywhere else that is or has started football) face more competition from other established sports at their own schools than they do from outside their school.

Do you have anything positive to say?:madman:

I wish that we could all just step back and appreciate them for what they are doing and not put a chink in their armor. I support all of you new programs out there. GOOD LUCK!!!

Rumor has it, that since Brossart now has football, they will get the kids that live in the Brossart District that normally would go to NCC for football.:dancingpa

Thats going to take a long time if it ever really does happen. No kid wants to go to a H.S. knowing he is going to get his butt kicked for four years when they can go play for a chance to win state every year. Another thing is nobody just goes to NewCath. Kids go there cause their dads did or brothers or sisters did and they want to follow in those footsteps. I bet you can count on one maybe two hands the number of kids in the school that had no family ties to the place till they walked in the door their freshman year. I want to move to Cold Spring Highlands Heights area and you better believe all my kids will be wearing the Blue and Gold just like their Dad Uncles Cousins Grandpa and so on. It really is like a family on the hill. With that said I think it will take a long time for Brossart to come around but I do wish them all the best.

Do you have anything positive to say?:madman:

I wish that we could all just step back and appreciate them for what they are doing and not put a chink in their armor. I support all of you new programs out there. GOOD LUCK!!!

It's called reality especially in a small school. It took Holy Cross a substantial amount of time to become competitive and their once prominent soccer program has become average. Some would even contend it (football) has weaken the basketball program.

That's not to say schools should not start football programs. But the reality is football programs are a beast at the high school level and tend to eat other programs.

It's called reality especially in a small school. It took Holy Cross a substantial amount of time to become competitive and their once prominent soccer program has become average. Some would even contend it (football) has weaken the basketball program.

That's not to say schools should not start football programs. But the reality is football programs are a beast at the high school level and tend to eat other programs.

So are you saying that NCC, Highlands, and all of those Louisville schools are not good at any other sports?

Highlands, Brossart, and NCC all have state champioins in Track, Cross Crountry, swimming, etc.

I think that it takes a level of commitment by a community, the school, and the kids to want to play more than one sports. When I went to school, all of the good kids on the team played more and one sport and were good at all of them. Is that not how it is now?

P.S. It would take a lot to hurt Brossart's sterling basketball program, I don't think a lot of kids that would play football that play basketball. I just look at this as an opportunity to strengthen a community.

I am sorry that you don't feel that way and maybe you are AWANP

I don't think that it will take as long as it did previously, especially with six classes. How long do you think it will be before one or all make the playoffs might be a better question.

Isn't Pendleton in a 4 team district? So it should be this year. The other two are in a 5 teams district so they could eventually make it by winning 1 game.

Depends on where/if teams are re-aligned in 2 years.

I don't think that it will take as long as it did previously, especially with six classes. How long do you think it will be before one or all make the playoffs might be a better question.

Thats a good point and maybe that is one of the positives I never thought of with the new class system. You make a good point, by the way, did you see that kick this past Friday? 48 yards is good even for NFL!

Isn't Pendleton in a 4 team district? So it should be this year. The other two are in a 5 teams district so they could eventually make it by winning 1 game.

Depends on where/if teams are re-aligned in 2 years.

And even though the districts and getting into the playoffs has changed it does a add a sense of legitimacy to just about every team that makes it. A few first round victories or even good showings in the post season will do wonders for these programs.