Beechwood 76 Brossart 6

Einstein70

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Growing pains at BB, but I would think that in a few years they will be a viable contender in 1A with a lot of dedication to the program. Newport, Belevue, Dayton and Ludlow do not have an opportunity to draw a bunch of kids to the program either, so I think Brosart will be OK in a few seasons.

Is it over?

Do you really have to win by 70? I was not there and really don't care but at some point I think you can back off some. I hope it was the fourth string that "RAN IT UP"!!!:irked:
Since you were not at the game, I'll forgive your accusation that Beechwood "ran it up."

The Beechwood starters are entitled to some QPT and only played a fraction of the game.

The Brossart defense is simply incapable of stopping a potent offense right now - it will get better, but right now we are unable to string together four consecutive defensive downs. Beechwood scored on each possession in the first half, putting up 42 points in the first period, 27 in the second, 7 in the third and none in the fourth period. They were more than gracious to the fledgling Mustangs.

You've got to love the Mustang fans who turned out en mass, fully well knowing that they were going to get their hats handed to them by the far superior Beechies.

What student/fan section has ever given their team a standing ovation coming off the field after a 69-0 first half deficit, and after losing 76-6 - As I said you've got to love em.

Give this program time and we will have something to cheer about on the gridiron - until then we'll take our lumps and love them for it.

Since you were not at the game, I'll forgive your accusation that Beechwood "ran it up."

The Beechwood starters are entitled to some QPT and only played a fraction of the game.

The Brossart defense is simply incapable of stopping a potent offense right now - it will get better, but right now we are unable to string together four consecutive defensive downs. Beechwood scored on each possession in the first half, putting up 42 points in the first period, 27 in the second, 7 in the third and none in the fourth period. They were more than gracious to the fledgling Mustangs.

You've got to love the Mustang fans who turned out en mass, fully well knowing that they were going to get their hats handed to them by the far superior Beechies.

What student/fan section has ever given their team a standing ovation coming off the field after a 69-0 first half deficit, and after losing 76-6 - As I said you've got to love em.

Give this program time and we will have something to cheer about on the gridiron - until then we'll take our lumps and love them for it.

I am sorry that I felt compelled to have compassion for the Mustangs. When I played, we shut it down at 49. There were many times we could have scored more, but our coach had respect for our opponent. I respect your take the lump attitude, but you do not need to be humiliated along the way.:cool:

I was at the game and I think the offense only scored 5 or 6 times. The rest of the scores were off interceptions by the backups. And as far as running the score up, it is really tough to tell a second or third team kid not to try to score. They take their beating at the hands of the varsity Monday to Wednesday and when they finally get the chance on Friday niight......what are they to do? What is the coach to do?

I think there are somethings to be excited about if your a Mustang fan. Their QB throws a nice ball. They had a kid in jeans on the sideline (#3) that looks like a good player. He was warming the QB up at halftime. They have some receivers and a nice backfield. The line play will get better over time and experience. I don't know how long it will be before they compete with Beechwood but I would expect them to be better team after each game experience. I hope the younger players are getting some game experience also.

First of all, I would like to commend the entire school of BB. They came out in force to support their team. That is truly awesome! There were more BB fans there than Beechwood fans, which is a great tribute to the entire program. I am certain that BB will be a huge class A contender very soon. The Tiger players I talked to said that the BB team was very classy. Not easy to do when you are losing.

However, as far as running up the score.... The truth is that the first string was pulled very early. You cannot blame back-up players for doing their best. Kids want to show what they can do.

I think both teams won and lost graciously.

Keep up the great work Mustangs! Looking forward to some great competition:thumb:

I am sorry that I felt compelled to have compassion for the Mustangs. When I played, we shut it down at 49. There were many times we could have scored more, but our coach had respect for our opponent. I respect your take the lump attitude, but you do not need to be humiliated along the way.:cool:
Hey let me tell you , that when kids that are the last to get in finally get the chance. They try their hardest, they don't do it because they think its funny or humilating. Beechwood even went for it rather than punt or try a field goal on forth down. The play was a simple dive play. Was Beechwood supposed to just stop snapping the ball? Your comment is uncalled for, Beechwood has nothing but respect for the first year team of the Mustangs , and always play with class, no mater who their opponent is.

There is only so much a coach can do. When the coaches are on the sidelines yelling at the refs---to call something----on US, they aren't running up the score.

When a 2nd or 3rd string player gets the opportunity to catch an interception or run with the ball, why shouldn't he run for the hills?

He should have the chance for his moment of glory.

Good Luck to the Mustangs. Keep your chin up. Keep the fans coming. You'll do just fine in a few years.

In no way did they run the score up. I think it would look worse if Beechwood dropped a interception on purpose. Would it of been sportsmanlike to run a handoff backwards. I was shocked when I showed up 15 minutes late, and it was already 49-0. They scored 2 times during my walk from the car to the gate. Im just glad BB scored at the end and didnt give up completely.

The fact of the matter is, the Mustangs are going to take their lumps for a number of years in football. Its not like basketball or baseball. A football program takes years to build to be successful. It starts by getting numbers out for the team. While the effort is there for these fledging Mustang gridiron participants, its going to take more of them playing for them to be successful. It a matter of players wearing down, having to be on the field for most if not the entire game. Whether players that now go to Campbell County, NCC, or even Cov. Cath will go to Brossart in the future remains to be seen. If those kids want to be part of building a new program then they will be successful. If they are not patient, and want to be a part of an established program at one of those other schools, then it could be a very long time before the Mustangs reach the success on the football field that they have enjoyed on the diamond and hardwood over the last several years. I hope they are successful, it would be great to have a crosstown football rivalry, as the Camels and Mustangs now have in baseball and basketball.:thumb: