Madisonville North Hopkins 29 Hopkinsville 15

hop82

It was 11 against 6 when Hoptown was on offense. The Tigers O-Line took the night off and stayed in Hoptown to flex their muscles in front of the mirror.

Pathetic effort on defense by Hoptown. The Tigers forgot that 7 on 7 was over and that now is the time to tackle. They didn't get the hint when the pads was passed out in August that this was a physical sport.

2 scrimmages and 4 regular season games and the light hasn't come on for some it seems. There's a portion that are playing hard and that want to play. But there's that group that's over hyped and more about seeing if their names are getting mentioned on message boards.

It's time for everyone in the program to take a long look in the mirror and be held accountable. Coach Jones has publicly taken the blame for the losses and not laid it on the players. But his 3 year plan is not going the way some had hoped.

TT,after lurking on these boards for years,I respect your opinion.but,since when does Hopkinsville football have a 3 year plan?

Not Hopkinsville's 3 year plan. But Coach Jones's 3 year plan. He's done a good job of getting rid of some problem kids and not ignoring off the field stuff like has been done in the past. But his defense has been on a decline. I haven't seen Hoptown tackle this bad since the 2000 team. The losses are gonna happen it's a part of competition. But if certain ones aren't playing hard or continually make the same mistakes then it shouldn't hurt to play a younger kid that really does wanna be out there.

It will be interesting how the team resonds over the rest of the season.

Not Hopkinsville's 3 year plan. But Coach Jones's 3 year plan. He's done a good job of getting rid of some problem kids and not ignoring off the field stuff like has been done in the past. But his defense has been on a decline. I haven't seen Hoptown tackle this bad since the 2000 team. The losses are gonna happen it's a part of competition. But if certain ones aren't playing hard or continually make the same mistakes then it shouldn't hurt to play a younger kid that really does wanna be out there.

It will be interesting how the team resonds over the rest of the season.

Gotta admit i was surprised with this score. Hoptown used to be loaded with athletes. What r the prospects for next year?

Gotta admit i was surprised with this score. Hoptown used to be loaded with athletes. What r the prospects for next year?

That's the bright spot Hoptown is young at the skill positions.

Right now looking at the depth chart if all stays the same. Hoptown will return 7 starters on offense. 3 in the O-Line and all their skill kids. Plus their top 4 reserves. On defense they will return 7 starters and their top 5 reserves. A good sophomore class that needs a year in the weightroom.

Prepnut. You shouldn't be surprised by this score. Madisonville is a very good team this year, and is going to surprise alot of people. The could very well be 4-0 if they did not hand the game to Apollo.
What's interesting is that the Maroons are doing this with their fifth head coach in as many years.

Maybe continuity is overrated ... ;)