St.X 28 Male 12 (Freshman)

Park1221

St.X wins this one....but it wasn't pretty. X fumbled on the goal line, X later fumbled on the goal line out of the end zone, X dropped a 40 yard strike from Leonhardt in the end zone and to top it off X fumbled on the last play of the game and Male scooped it up to rumble about 50 yards for a TD. These fumbles and drops were not from bone jarring hits. X should have put up 49 points. The defense played decent, giving up one big run to give Male an early 6-0 lead. The offense ran gassers after the game. This group must take better care of the ball to beat Manual next week.

Nice win for the young Tigers over what was supposed to be an outstanding Male team. They certainly need to cut down on the turnovers but a dominating performace none the less. This group continues to improve and I hope they are hitting on all cylinders in a couple of weeks.

I have to agree with Park on this one. The Baby Bengal running backs put on the worst display of fumblitis that I can ever remember. I can forsee a heavy dose of guantlet drills with a large emphasis on maintaining the three pressure points when carrying the football. :irked:

On a more positive note, I am extremely impressed with the passing ability of QB Ryan Leonhardt. He shows a great touch on the ball, the ability to throw both on the run and from the pocket, and superb accuracy. On the freshman level, he is probably the best passer I've ever seen at St.X. :thumb:

As an aside, it was interesting seeing Oscar Brohm at the game to watch his nephew, Luc Brohm, perform for the Baby Bengals.

I have to agree with Park on this one. The Baby Bengal running backs put on the worst display of fumblitis that I can ever remember. I can forsee a heavy dose of guantlet drills with a large emphasis on maintaining the three pressure points when carrying the football. :irked:

On a more positive note, I am extremely impressed with the passing ability of QB Ryan Leonhardt. He shows a great touch on the ball, the ability to throw both on the run and from the pocket, and superb accuracy. On the freshman level, he is probably the best passer I've ever seen at St.X. :thumb:

As an aside, it was interesting seeing Oscar Brohm at the game to watch his nephew, Luc Brohm, perform for the Baby Bengals.

Agree with you on Leonhardt! He has a big time arm, now all they need to learn is to catch his passes.

Ox, did you see this as Darth Vader visiting, or as a potential convert from the path of darkness to the path of light? :D :D

Agree with you on Leonhardt! He has a big time arm, now all they need to learn is to catch his passes.

Leonhardt is an impressive young QB....the offense just put in a couple shotgun formation plays and I think he will be even more impressive from the gun as the season progresses. The drops were bad, besides the one in the end zone there were a couple others that were catchable balls, slightly high, but went through the receivers hands. On another, the receiver seemed to slow down on a long pass and had he kept running he would have caught it in stride for a TD. Antonio Jackson has made some nice catch and runs, seems to be our most consistent receiver. I wonder though if maybe one or two of our RB's might better help the team playing some receiver to give us another deep threat.

I was somewhat surprised to Mr. O Brohm there as well. Is he still coaching at Trinity? I would have thought he would have been over at Trinity getting young Kragthorpe ready for Lex. Cath (I've heard Lex Cath won 28-25). I'm going with Darth Vader....something sinister was afoot.

Leonhardt is an impressive young QB....the offense just put in a couple shotgun formation plays and I think he will be even more impressive from the gun as the season progresses. The drops were bad, besides the one in the end zone there were a couple others that were catchable balls, slightly high, but went through the receivers hands. On another, the receiver seemed to slow down on a long pass and had he kept running he would have caught it in stride for a TD. Antonio Jackson has made some nice catch and runs, seems to be our most consistent receiver. I wonder though if maybe one or two of our RB's might better help the team playing some receiver to give us another deep threat.

I was thinking the same thing about taking a couple of RB's and make recievers out of them. The talent is there I am not sure if all the pieces are in the right spots yet, and that can be expected at the level and at this time.

I was somewhat surprised to Mr. O Brohm there as well. Is he still coaching at Trinity? I would have thought he would have been over at Trinity getting young Kragthorpe ready for Lex. Cath (I've heard Lex Cath won 28-25). I'm going with Darth Vader....something sinister was afoot.

Oscar coaches the varsity. Speaking of the Big O and quarterbacks, if I had a son in Louisville that was a talented quarterback, I'd want him to learn the position from one of three people, Oscar Brohm, Bob Beatty or Andrew Coverdale. At a lot of places in town they will teach him to read the option.

Oscar coaches the varsity. Speaking of the Big O and quarterbacks, if I had a son in Louisville that was a talented quarterback, I'd want him to learn the position from one of three people, Oscar Brohm, Bob Beatty or Andrew Coverdale. At a lot of places in town they will teach him to read the option.

Just making a general comment about good QB coaches in town...or are you suggesting one or both of our fine young QB's should have chosen a different school?

XT69,

I think this applies to ALL levels, not just the Freshman. X as a whole, dosen't spend nearly enough time with the jugs machine forcing repetition and teaching proper technique. JMHO

And you are a fan of what school? :D

Just making a general comment about good QB coaches in town...or are you suggesting one or both of our fine young QB's should have chosen a different school?

Not at all. There are many factors that should be considered when selecting a high school. I'm sure there are some people that consider St X a good choice for them.:D