UC and Miami series

Milfordflash

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

BCS programs shouldn't play home and home with MAC schools. BK is right on with this one...

For a guy that has such a keen sense of sports information, you lose all objectivity when UC is involved. If UK had refused to play in Louisville when they were in Conference USA you would have come unglued. Now all of a sudden 100 years of tradition is okay to flush down the toilet because UC has moved to the Big East? What a crock...

For a guy that has such a keen sense of sports information, you lose all objectivity when UC is involved. If UK had refused to play in Louisville when they were in Conference USA you would have come unglued. Now all of a sudden 100 years of tradition is okay to flush down the toilet because UC has moved to the Big East? What a crock...

UC played a large number of 2 for 1 deals with BCS schools when in CUSA. That's just the nature of the beast. Care to show me the number of MAC schools with 1 for 1 deals with BCS opponents?

I'd say play it at Paul Brown, but the Herbie would draw a better crowd. Are you taking advantage of Miami opening the doors to any X fans that want to cheer against UC Saturday???

UC played a large number of 2 for 1 deals with BCS schools when in CUSA. That's just the nature of the beast. Care to show me the number of MAC schools with 1 for 1 deals with BCS opponents?

I'd say play it at Paul Brown, but the Herbie would draw a better crowd. Are you taking advantage of Miami opening the doors to any X fans that want to cheer against UC Saturday???

Okay, first of all, let's not pretend that UC is a "BCS school" like USC. UC has been a BCS school for about 3 years -- heck, UC has a LOSING RECORD against freaking Miami of Ohio and you're trying to big-time them?

Colorado and Colorado St. play a home and home. Have for years...still do. This is a rivlary game, pure and simple, and until UC starts dominating the series I'd say shut up and play them.

Paul Brown? UC had what, 22,000, maybe, for the Miami game at Nippert last year? Yeah, better move that puppy before the Fire Marshall has to step in.

I love how UC is pretending to be some sort of football power all of a sudden. Cracking me up.

Okay, first of all, let's not pretend that UC is a "BCS school" like USC. UC has been a BCS school for about 3 years -- heck, UC has a LOSING RECORD against freaking Miami of Ohio and you're trying to big-time them?

Colorado and Colorado St. play a home and home. Have for years...still do. This is a rivlary game, pure and simple, and until UC starts dominating the series I'd say shut up and play them.

Paul Brown? UC had what, 22,000, maybe, for the Miami game at Nippert last year? Yeah, better move that puppy before the Fire Marshall has to step in.

I love how UC is pretending to be some sort of football power all of a sudden. Cracking me up.

It's cracking you up to see a coach come in and try to flip the culture of the program? Good for you.

Like it or not UC is now a BCS program and it's time to start acting like one...

Which means thumbing your noses at a neighboring rival with whom you HAVE A LOSING RECORD? Weak...

Where do games 10, 20, 30, 50, 90 and 100 years ago play in to this? He didn't say there are plans to end the rivalry, but said he didn't like a 1-1 with a MAC school. Pretty cut and dry...

“We do not want to stop the game between Miami and Cincinnati,” Kelly said. “We’re not saying that at all. We’re looking at maybe a neutral site as a possibility, but again those are all opinions that I have moreso than our administration. They might come out tomorrow and say Brian Kelly is full of it. He needs to close his mouth and just play the game. If that’s the case, then we won’t comment on it again.”

Where do games 10, 20, 30, 50, 90 and 100 years ago play in to this? He didn't say there are plans to end the rivalry, but said he didn't like a 1-1 with a MAC school. Pretty cut and dry...

Not cut and dry at all, IMHO. Again, you don't see Colorado big-timing Colorado St. do you? You guys can't freaking sell out your own building but maybe once a year and you want to big-time your neighbor rival? Sorry that this seems so logical to you, but without polling the rest of the human race, I'd say most would think this move is weak.

Heck, play it at Paul Brown and let me know how cool it looks when they tarp the upper deck to save you guys the embarrassment of having 50,000 empty seats staring down at you.

“We do not want to stop the game between Miami and Cincinnati,” Kelly said. “We’re not saying that at all. We’re looking at maybe a neutral site as a possibility, but again those are all opinions that I have moreso than our administration. They might come out tomorrow and say Brian Kelly is full of it. He needs to close his mouth and just play the game. If that’s the case, then we won’t comment on it again.”

Are you honestly throwing a quote from the Enquirer at me? Do you not think I may have already read that. ;):D

Not cut and dry at all, IMHO. Again, you don't see Colorado big-timing Colorado St. do you? You guys can't freaking sell out your own building but maybe once a year and you want to big-time your neighbor rival? Sorry that this seems so logical to you, but without polling the rest of the human race, I'd say most would think this move is weak.

Heck, play it at Paul Brown and let me know how cool it looks when they tarp the upper deck to save you guys the embarrassment of having 50,000 empty seats staring down at you.

If you want to talk empty seats Miami is in worse shape than UC. That's why they are letting X fans in free...