Daviess County vs. Owensboro

Fletch

Pick the winner  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner

• Daviess County
    • Owensboro

Owens Sr has too much defense for daviess and just enough offense to pull away... Owens 35 Daviess co 14

Ditto to above! I was impressed with OHS win at Christian County being both Johnston and Duncan out. For DC, Bevil will sit out this game if ejection from Hendo game holds up. Closer than years past but Devils will win.

Good point westsider but Apollo has yet to play anyone in town well until Friday night when they play the Aces. We will see how it plays out. I was at the Henderson game and I would say the ejection will hold up. I also heard another rumor that his brother got into some trouble as well and may not play Friday night, but this is a rumor not confirmed. Also DC's kicker suffered a broken coller bone in the Henderson game and is out as well but they had someone else kick after that not sure who that was but he did hit an extra point. My prediction is that the Lanham kid will learn alot from this game as he has yet to face a defense this good yet so we will see what he is made of. I look for the Devils to win but it might be closer than anyone thinks definately less than 10 and if it comes down to the kicking game to win the game I give the advantage to the freshman from Owensboro.

I don't see Bevil's suspension being over turned. I am not too sure it would matter. DC didn't hurt Henderson running the ball. As a matter of fact the play that Bevil got thrown out on was his longest run of the game and really his only big gain (someone correct me if I am forgetting one). DC will go as far as Lanham takes them. Their defense isn't very good and their recievers have problems holding on to the ball. If DC wants to win this one they need to line up 4 and 5 wide, spread OHS out and let Lanham do the rest. This is definitely the best team they have had since Wimsatt was there but don't expect them to go far once they play good teams.

Well then if they will not go far when they start playing good teams that will be Friday night. OHS has some big time defenders and the DBs are quick. With Duncan back this week it adds more speed. I do not think Lanham will have 5 days to decide what to do with the ball Friday night like he did last week. Henderson rushed him but they were slow once they got there. OHS will bring speed and the have been practicing extra hours all week for this game they want to make sure DC has their hands full that is for sure. I think some people will be surprised at some of the things OHS is going to do in this game.

Both OHS and DC come into the game at 3-0. OHS is looking to extend its' city record to 2-0 while DC will be looking to pull the upset and possibly get into good position in the city race thereselves. Last year the Red Devils throttled the Panthers 46-6, but with the high octane offense of DC, look for this one to be closer.

OWENSBORO offense vs. DAVIESS COUNTY defense- advantage OWENSBORO

OHS has yet to find the explosivness that the Red Devils have come to show over the last couple years. But with Yorel Shemwell looking to come into his own behind a very experienced offensive line, look for OHS to run for a lot of yard against DC. The Panthers have had a hard time against speedy teams this year (wins over Russelville and Henderson) so don't look for that to change here. OHS will need to find a way to stay away from penalties and not beat themselves on offense. The Panthers meanwhile need to force OHS to turn it over. If so then DC will be in the hunt.

DAVIESS COUNTY offense vs. OWENSBORO defense- advantage OWENSBORO

DC's total offensive package rest on the shoulers of ABC 25's HOME TEAM FRIDAY MVP Cole Lanham. This QB is the real deal. He has a very nice arm and is swift of feet. A true duel threat quarterback. Also behind an ever improving line, and with reliable targets make him that much better. Rumour has is that Day Ogisi will return to the DC lineup after sitting last week with an ankle injury. Also WR's Landon Camp and Scotty Smith can give defenses nightmares. OHS meanwhile gave up their biggest point total in quite sometime (22) in a win over Christian County. Most of the Colonels yards were rushing and luckily for OHS, DC doesnt have that luxury. However DB Wayne Duncan will return for OHS after serving his one game suspension for his ejection against Owensboro Catholic two weeks ago. If DC can keep OHS off balace and not turn the ball over, then this matchup could even itself out.

Special teams- advantage OWENSBORO

DC kicker(name escapes me) broke his collar bone last week against Henderson. OHS super frosh Trey Cain has been on the money for the Red Devils. He really looks to be maybe the next great kicker from OHS. Also in the punt and kickoff returns OHS gets the advantage with Yante' Williams, Shemwell, and Josh Hayden. OHS' kickoff coverage hasn't been great early this year, so look for DC to try and exploit that.

Daviess County is really looking to make a statement at home against OHS. The Panthers have a new identity under coach Marcus Kimbrall and want that "signature" win. OHS is still trying to find itself and although the Red Devils haven't played well still set at 3-0. I really expect the Panthers to come out jacked up, so OHS better match their intensity. I look for a tight one through out the first half, however I see OHS pulling away later in the second half to win going away.

OHS 35

Daviess County 14

:fire: