In The Midst of the Upcoming Louisville/Kentucky Game...

TheDeuce

I thought I would post a thread for all of us to actually agree on some things when it comes to this game....

Im a diehard Cardinal fan, and always will be. The Annual UK game is one that I look forward to every year to re-establish bragging rights for another year. I often let my emotions get the best of me, not only on BGP, but in the real world while discussing the UL/UK game, as Im sure many others do. I just think that it's AWESOME that the people of the Commonwealth can be so passionate about football, in this basketball state. Yeah, I like to argue and talk football, but at the same time, I can't express how much I respect the other side, especially during heated debates. Things are said that aren't meant, tempers flare, and there goes the barn. :lol: But that's one of the things I love about this rivalry, especially here on BGP. I know that I have ruffled the feathers of many on the boards before, and while I don't apologize (:D), I hope they know that it's really all in fun, and the life of the rivalry.

So in the end, whether it be UK or UofL that wins, I think we should all grasp the concept that we have great FOOTBALL in this state, and in some way, we all share the same passion for the sport, even though we root for different teams.

I thought I would post a thread for all of us to actually agree on some things when it comes to this game....

Im a diehard Cardinal fan, and always will be. The Annual UK game is one that I look forward to every year to re-establish bragging rights for another year. I often let my emotions get the best of me, not only on BGP, but in the real world while discussing the UL/UK game, as Im sure many others do. I just think that it's AWESOME that the people of the Commonwealth can be so passionate about football, in this basketball state. Yeah, I like to argue and talk football, but at the same time, I can't express how much I respect the other side, especially during heated debates. Things are said that aren't meant, tempers flare, and there goes the barn. :lol: But that's one of the things I love about this rivalry, especially here on BGP. I know that I have ruffled the feathers of many on the boards before, and while I don't apologize (:D), I hope they know that it's really all in fun, and the life of the rivalry.

So in the end, whether it be UK or UofL that wins, I think we should all grasp the concept that we have great FOOTBALL in this state, and in some way, we all share the same passion for the sport, even though we root for different teams.

I agree...Go Big Blue

Well said.

Oh and more importantly, when's Big Blue Madness!:D

Nice post Deuce. :thumb:

Here's my challenge: I've never rooted for UL in anything. Ever.

However, my boy DOHO (#66) is now starting and a fellow Conner alum Kuhn (#81) is contributing.

So, here's to a 59-58 UK victory with Doho and Kuhn being major contributors to UL's points.

I did not realize you were a Cards fan!