82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Johnson Central
    • Wheelersburg, OH

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is going to be a very entertaining game. Wheelersburg is not big but they are fast. Very fast. Wheelersburg is traditionally a very good team and this one is at the Burg.

Wheelersburg lost a heartbreaker to Portsmouth Friday night. This is supposed to be a very good year for Portsmouth and by all accounts Wheelersburg should have won the game. They had a chance to run the clock out and fumbled. Portsmouth scored with 7 seconds to go. It should be an angry bunch of Pirates this week.

Johnson Central 21

Wheelersburg 28

Burg another small Ohio school that plays football much better than it's size would indicate. Style is physical and straight forward. Will be good matchup for JC ... At the Burg they very seldom get beat , to win JC will have to be more physical and run better to the football as Burg will have good execution on both O and D .... As someone said no fat guys or give away positions , every kid will be schooled in football. Interesting game - good luck ...

Wheelersburg beat South Point 23-0, and from what I've been told the game was a lot closer than the final score indicates. I look for Johnson Central to have their 1st test of the year, but still win convincingly.

Johnson Central 42

Wheelersburg 17

This will be JC biggest test so far, and maybe in the entire regular season.

Johnson Central 21

Wheelersburg 14

Wheelersburg is a traditional strong small Ohio school. And this year they are stronger then usual. I have heard that they are strong and fast. They are always well coached and do the basic things very well. They will probably not be very fancy, but they will be good at what they do.

I hope JC wins, but it will be a war, and JC will have to play strong and not make very many mistakes, IE: penalties and turnovers.

I know that comparing scores in football isn't the best way to predict the outcome of a future match-up, but JC and Wheelersburg have one common opponent: South Point, OH.

JC defeated South Point 34-0, while Wheelersburg won 23-0. Just something to think about...

Wheelersburg beat South Point 23-0, and from what I've been told the game was a lot closer than the final score indicates. I look for Johnson Central to have their 1st test of the year, but still win convincingly.

Johnson Central 42

Wheelersburg 17

Does Wheelersburg play more of an ground and pound style of offense or are they pretty well balanced in the run and pass?

Does Wheelersburg play more of an ground and pound style of offense or are they pretty well balanced in the run and pass?

In the past they were 5 yrds and cloud of dust. I'm not sure what they are doing this year.

In the past they were 5 yrds and cloud of dust. I'm not sure what they are doing this year.

Thats was my thinking as well looking at their stats from a season ago. Not many teams have had success running on JC this season. Not saying that Wheelersburg cant, but the run defense has been stout all year for JC. The pass coverage looked a bit suspect I thought against Conner, but was dramatically improved last week against Bryan Station.

Going into Ohio and pulling out the win will be tough. JC will have to be on there game to come back across the Ohio River with the win and minimalize the amount of penalites, but I believe the offensive balance along with the strong defensive play shown by JC will give them the W. My prediction:

Johnson Central: 35

Wheelersburg, OH: 14

Thats was my thinking as well looking at their stats from a season ago. Not many teams have had success running on JC this season. Not saying that Wheelersburg cant, but the run defense has been stout all year for JC. The pass coverage looked a bit suspect I thought against Conner, but was dramatically improved last week against Bryan Station.

Going into Ohio and pulling out the win will be tough. JC will have to be on there game to come back across the Ohio River with the win and minimalize the amount of penalites, but I believe the offensive balance along with the strong defensive play shown by JC will give them the W. My prediction:

Johnson Central: 35

Wheelersburg, OH: 14

Whellersburg, like Ironton, normally has a 300lb fulback, and he will run dives and blast with the tailback, all inside the tackles. Occasionally, they will throw in a sweep, and pass the ball about four times a game. That was their game plan over the last several years.