Scott Co. 29 Dunbar 0

pldgreatno2

Just unable to score against decent teams. At least not enough to win the last two games. Not having a passing game in their offense hurts them a WHOLE LOT.

But they SHOULD have a passing game. There are tons of schools who would love to have the athletes and facilities that Dunbar has. This school has loads of talent. If they get it together they will be a force to be reckoned with.

But they SHOULD have a passing game. There are tons of schools who would love to have the athletes and facilities that Dunbar has. This school has loads of talent. If they get it together they will be a force to be reckoned with.

You're right that Dunbar has great facilities to play on but let me bring some things to your attention that you may not realize. Coach Hensley has to fight tooth and nail to get practice time on the football field each day with mens and womens soccer among other teams. This means that he gets a total of about 2 hours to practice and prepare his team for one of the hardest schedules in the state. Yes for those of you who do not know PLD does not have a practice field. Kind of odd that I come from a class A school that can have one but for some reason a 6A school can't. I know for a fact that the day before PLD had their grid against West Jessamine they had to do a walk through in the atrium of the school because girls soccer had the field. I also know that they have been forced to go into the gym numerous times due to scheduling. If you want to talk telent and how much you think that school has then that is open to speculation. However, practicing 2 teams (Frosh and Varsity) on 100 yards of playing surface is kind of difficult and puts Coach Hensley betweena rock and hard place.

You're right that Dunbar has great facilities to play on but let me bring some things to your attention that you may not realize. Coach Hensley has to fight tooth and nail to get practice time on the football field each day with mens and womens soccer among other teams. This means that he gets a total of about 2 hours to practice and prepare his team for one of the hardest schedules in the state. Yes for those of you who do not know PLD does not have a practice field. Kind of odd that I come from a class A school that can have one but for some reason a 6A school can't. I know for a fact that the day before PLD had their grid against West Jessamine they had to do a walk through in the atrium of the school because girls soccer had the field. I also know that they have been forced to go into the gym numerous times due to scheduling. If you want to talk telent and how much you think that school has then that is open to speculation. However, practicing 2 teams (Frosh and Varsity) on 100 yards of playing surface is kind of difficult and puts Coach Hensley betweena rock and hard place.

There are other schools in town facing the same thing and they still produce. Dunbar is very lucky in their facilities. There are other teams that battle for field time with soccer etc. without any practice field. Just ask Lafayette...I'm sure they would have something to add to this. Was this a problem in the previous years? Dunbar has always been a top notch program and I think they still are. However, they need to adapt and overcome.

This is a weak excuse for Dunbar's recent lack of success. The two years we went to the semifinals, their wasn't a practice field either. A passing game can be taught in a parking lot, etc.. All you need is about 30 yards to teach a reciever how to run routes. There's a baseball field with a large outfield at the school and it's not baseball season. In year's past, soccer has practiced in the baseball outfield and at a local park. No rock and a hard place for practice. Must be something else.

There are other schools in town facing the same thing and they still produce. Dunbar is very lucky in their facilities. There are other teams that battle for field time with soccer etc. without any practice field. Just ask Lafayette...I'm sure they would have something to add to this. Was this a problem in the previous years? Dunbar has always been a top notch program and I think they still are. However, they need to adapt and overcome.

To answer your ? as to if it was a problem in previous years. The answer is no, regardless of what any poster may say.

This is a weak excuse for Dunbar's recent lack of success. The two years we went to the semifinals, their wasn't a practice field either. A passing game can be taught in a parking lot, etc.. All you need is about 30 yards to teach a reciever how to run routes. There's a baseball field with a large outfield at the school and it's not baseball season. In year's past, soccer has practiced in the baseball outfield and at a local park. No rock and a hard place for practice. Must be something else.

You sound like you have been there done that! You can teach anywhere that is for sure. I know some programs who practice in their gyms! I still think Dunbar has top notch facilities and a top notch program. They have athletes year in and year out. I hope they get it together.

You sound like you have been there done that! You can teach anywhere that is for sure. I know some programs who practice in their gyms! I still think Dunbar has top notch facilities and a top notch program. They have athletes year in and year out. I hope they get it together.

About the been there, done that. Possibly! Check your pm!

As for PLD, might be way past due on cleaning house.

^So does that mean cleaning house with the players too?

The Dunbar teams from last season and this year obviously don't have the talent at the skill positions or the size that the school is used to....

That makes no sense. Coaches develop players. Players don't just come to high school ready to play on a varsity level. They have everything in the building and the school district that the two state semi teams had. When your running game is designed around one guy and the passing game is too, that's the coaches fault, nobody elses. They did the same thing at East. One or two athletes were the whole offense. If you say they don't have any or as much talent, why is the Defense good?