Trinity 49 Butler 0

CentreRocks

Trinity pretty much had their way with the banged-up Bears. QB Stein continues to show moxie, toughness and a strong arm. In general, the D looked much sharper than in the opener against BG, against admittedly inferior competition, however. Line play on both sides of the ball for Trinity was good, I thought.

Nice to see two defensive TD's. Wes really seems to have his legs back. Is it possible that he is faster than last year? I'd hate to be the player to tackle him after an interception. I can't remember 98's name(right DT). For starting the season as a 8th string WR, he makes a nice d-lineman. :sssh:

The RB position is stacked. Stein had some beautiful touch passes tonight.

Z's leg is amazing.

Saw the Cincy St. X scout in attendance. I'm not sure he got much from this game which is a good thing. We will need all the help we can get.

Rocks starters taken out 4 minutes into the second quarter.

49-0 was the halftime score.

The beat rolls on...26 in a row versus Kentucky teams.

Very good. Congrats on a victory over an over matched but courageous team. Now on to Cincinnati against a very good team that will provide formidable opposition. I saw Cincinnati X play their opener and was impressed, but happily reminded their confident fans what happened the last time Trinity played a team ranked number one in Ohio. :D

Congratulations to Trinity! It takes a lot of class to pull starters early in the game and not run the score up any more than it tneds to move with such a early season mis-match.

That is what I was inarticulately trying to say in my earlier post. Good win-and one with class!

This message was sent to Coach Beatty and the Rocks' staff - and forwarded to others - after Friday night's win. A good example and reminder to all of us about what is best about this game we love.

Coach,

My name is Jack Schwab my oldest son Joe played for you and was a manager a few years ago. I wanted to let you know of an incident that took place when the team was leaving the field tonight. I was at the game with my wife and youngest son Ryan. Ryan has Cerebral Palsy and in a wheelchair, and because of his condition he will not be able to attend Trinity. He still loves to go to the games and support the Green and White. He watches very attentively to the entire game.

After the game he asked to go down to see the players. I wheeled him down to the area that the players were to come off the field. He was very excited in anticipation of the team leaving the field. When the players started coming off the field his mother helped him raise his hand so the players could slap hands with him.

Coach it made his night. A good number of players slapped his hand on their way to the locker room. My wife let go of his hand and told him to hold his hand up by himself. After a few moments his hand began to drop because he is easily fatigued. It was to my surprise that as his hand started to drop the passing players would help him lift his hand so they could slap it when they filed by him; A few even shook his hand.

One of the most impressive acts was by number 61. He walked by and was about 10 yards away when he turned and ran back knelt ever so briefly and shook Ryan’s hand. I know this does not sound like much, but it really made his night. It was so impressive to see these young men not shy away from him because he is different and make him feel special. This is a very professional group of men.

Please thank your players for us.

This message was sent to Coach Beatty and the Rocks' staff - and forwarded to others - after Friday night's win. A good example and reminder to all of us about what is best about this game we love.

Coach,

My name is Jack Schwab my oldest son Joe played for you and was a manager a few years ago. I wanted to let you know of an incident that took place when the team was leaving the field tonight. I was at the game with my wife and youngest son Ryan. Ryan has Cerebral Palsy and in a wheelchair, and because of his condition he will not be able to attend Trinity. He still loves to go to the games and support the Green and White. He watches very attentively to the entire game.

After the game he asked to go down to see the players. I wheeled him down to the area that the players were to come off the field. He was very excited in anticipation of the team leaving the field. When the players started coming off the field his mother helped him raise his hand so the players could slap hands with him.

Coach it made his night. A good number of players slapped his hand on their way to the locker room. My wife let go of his hand and told him to hold his hand up by himself. After a few moments his hand began to drop because he is easily fatigued. It was to my surprise that as his hand started to drop the passing players would help him lift his hand so they could slap it when they filed by him; A few even shook his hand.

One of the most impressive acts was by number 61. He walked by and was about 10 yards away when he turned and ran back knelt ever so briefly and shook Ryan’s hand. I know this does not sound like much, but it really made his night. It was so impressive to see these young men not shy away from him because he is different and make him feel special. This is a very professional group of men.

Please thank your players for us.

THIS IS WHAT MAKES THIS PLACE............THE VERY SPECIAL PLACE THAT IT IS.........................