Notre Dame's Clausen named starting QB

youknowme

Weis hands QB Clausen starting job against Penn State

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/10332733

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame freshman Jimmy Clausen will start at quarterback Saturday against Penn State after entering the opener as the third-stringer following offseason arm surgery.

Coach Charlie Weis, whose team is coming off a 33-3 loss at home to Georgia Tech, did not immediately elaborate Tuesday on the reason for his choice.

Clausen was rated by many as the top high school recruit last year. Weis said Sunday that Clausen could not have started the opener because he was recovering from arthroscopic surgery to have a bone spur removed from his throwing elbow. Weis said Clausen wasn't fully healthy until last week.

How do you go from the third or maybe the fourth on the depth chart in one week with no injurys? I realize he is very talented. Why not last week? I know he wasnt 100% I just don't understand why he would not have came in earlier last week.

How do you go from the third or maybe the fourth on the depth chart in one week with no injurys? I realize he is very talented. Why not last week? I know he wasnt 100% I just don't understand why he would not have came in earlier last week.
You answered your own question. :confused: :confused:

Is his Dad going to buy a house in Happy Valley, going door to door as we speak? Is Jimmy taking a limo to the Stadium or is he flying with the rest of the team? Is this year one of the 4 National Titles he predicted?

Just wondering. :D :sssh:

:walk:

ND will be a LOT better next year. Might as well get him in there.

My obligatory non-ND-fan point: could they be worse? ;):p

In all honesty, I agree that you may as well play him and let him take his lumps and get seasoned in anticipation of the next three years.

As far apart as we are with Nebraska and CCH, we're soooo together on this...

For not being completely healthy and for the defense they went against. Charlie probably did want his prize recruit getting drilled by that blitzing defense every play, in his first game ever. That Georgia Tech defense is not a defense you want to see in a first game considering how much they blitz. So I think that is the main reason why he didn't start the first game....