Philip Haywood & Dudley Hilton

3wishes

Who reaches 300 first?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Who reaches 300 first?

• Philip Haywood
    • Dudley Hilton

I'm surprised that no one has started a thread on one of the state's best races to a record of 300 wins.

Two mountain school coaches striving for win 300.

Hilton came in with 293 wins and Haywood had 292 wins.

Both are 2-0 thus far.

Does anyone have any comments on this historical race, it may be a while before two coaches like this compete in a dead heat. There are a lot of veteran football coaches in the mountains that have racked up a lot of wins and I'm surprised that this story hasn't made a headline yet.

I'd like to see both coaches year by year record to compare and contrast them against each other, just for fun. Does anyone have Haywood's and Hilton's career record year by year? Hilton has been at Breathitt County, Bell County and Bourbon County. Has Haywood been anywhere else besides Belfry?

Dudley Hilton: 295-96 (32)

Philip Haywood: 294-109 (33)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised that no one has started a thread on one of the state's best races to a record of 300 wins.

Two mountain school coaches striving for win 300.

Hilton came in with 293 wins and Haywood had 292 wins.

Both are 2-0 thus far.

Does anyone have any comments on this historical race, it may be a while before two coaches like this compete in a dead heat. There are a lot of veteran football coaches in the mountains that have racked up a lot of wins and I'm surprised that this story hasn't made a headline yet.

I'd like to see both coaches year by year record to compare and contrast them against each other, just for fun. Does anyone have Haywood's and Hilton's career record year by year? Hilton has been at Breathitt County, Bell County and Bourbon County. Has Haywood been anywhere else besides Belfry?

Dudley Hilton: 295-96 (32)

Philip Haywood: 294-109 (33)

This is a monumental race. What is interesting about these 2 coaches is they have pretty much the same style. They are both very physical smash mouth teams always. I am not for sure how many seasons he has coached (30 maybe?) without a losing record. IMO when you think of Mtn football right now on Mt. Rushmore you would have Hilton, Haywood, Holcomb, and Larkey. Gosh I wish Larkey's name started with an H!!!:irked:

I'm assuming by record of 300 wins you mean their personal record, not state record.

The thread is giving props to these coaches who will probably be reaching the 300 win milestone this season. Its a milestone that only 1 other coach has reached. If you are a young coach, you can learn a lot from these guys!