Tates Creek 74 Franklin County 67

Tates Creek deserved the win as Franklin County had TC where they wanted them but did not handle the ball down the stretch.

My only question is why do we now pay three refs to call games?? It looks like a waste of money to me.

Early in the first quarter TC's #31, Sparks with the ball, connects with a flagrant elbow to the side of FC's #22, Meyer's, right eye. The three refs were surrounding the play. No whistle, no call. #22 is knocked to the floor and temporarily blacks out. TC goes down and scores. #22 finally gets up exits the game to change his blood stained jersey and treat the gash under his eye. The eye imeadiately swells shut.

How can three refs surround a play and not see this foul??????????

And yes they did call the technical on FC's coach for complaining about the no call.

I say we go back to old school when two refs called games. Three refs missing this call have convinced me that 3 are a waste of money.

Tates Creek deserved the win as Franklin County had TC where they wanted them but did not handle the ball down the stretch.

My only question is why do we now pay three refs to call games?? It looks like a waste of money to me.

Early in the first quarter TC's #31, Sparks with the ball, connects with a flagrant elbow to the side of FC's #22, Meyer's, right eye. The three refs were surrounding the play. No whistle, no call. #22 is knocked to the floor and temporarily blacks out. TC goes down and scores. #22 finally gets up exits the game to change his blood stained jersey and treat the gash under his eye. The eye imeadiately swells shut.

And yes they did call the technical on FC's coach for complaining about the no call.

I say we go back to old school when two refs called games. Three refs missing this call have convinced me that 3 are a waste of money.

Totally agree with you on this one. One ref was standing a foot from the play, and didn't call it. When #22 finally stood up, he had blood across his face, and down his jersey, and they give a T to the coach when he questions them about it.

Overall, officiating in the 11th has been incredibly poor this season. I am not using this to make excuses for a loss for any team, just an observation as a whole.

As far as the game goes, I though FC had a great game plan. They just seemed to go bezerk in the final 3 minutes and self-destructed. Credit Tates Creek defense as they turned up the pressure at the end to get the victory. FC's guards played great all game, but suddenly looked very timid and soft in the final 3 minutes.

Let's make sure, not to mention specific names of Refs. Everyone has differing views of plays, calls and what they saw.
Don't worry, I won't describe or mention refs names because I don't know them. Based on what I saw I am simply saying that in my opinion, three are a waste of money.

Why were all 3 refs in the backcourt if the other 8 players besides these two were already into the frontcourt?

If he blacked out and the eye was swollen shut why did he return to the game in the 2nd quarter? Wouldn't that be a safety issue for the kid?

Why were all 3 refs in the backcourt if the other 8 players besides these two were already into the frontcourt?

If he blacked out and the eye was swollen shut why did he return to the game in the 2nd quarter? Wouldn't that be a safety issue for the kid?

I am not sure of the exact positioning of the refs, other than one was right beside the incident.

As far as the player goes, FC's trainer did a great job of closing the cut on #22's eye. She immediately iced the eye, and continued to do so at every time out. It was never fullly shut, but did swell quite a bit, and was blackening up by the end of the game. As far as a safety issue, she checked him out fully, and allowed him to go back in the game. I am quite sure that if she was worried about safety, she would not have allowed him back on the court. I even saw her talking to the player's mom before he went back in.

That is really something to think about. The action is around the ball, and you have three refs that miss this call, real blood usually means that the player didn't flop, and contact has been made. Three refs and none of the three seen anything, incredible. This certainly seems to have been money badly spent.

Please correct me if I am wrong but is it not the home teams choice on whether to have 2 or 3 refs? My personal preference is for 2 refs. I believe two refs call a better game than three. Of course things are going to be missed, the refs are no different than the players, they are human and WILL make mistakes. It is up to the team to put themselves in a position not to let the refs determine the game. I find that a times that 3 refs tend to become more of a factor in a ball game. I would prefer a few missed calls (NOT A FLAGRANT FOUL OF COURSE THAT SHOULD BE OBVIOUS), and let the kids decide the game. I wonder though if there are 3 refs they get more lax at times thinking it's the other guys call, just a thought. My opinion of good refs, are refs that call the game but you don't notice them, they are consistent, and you know they called the game but you just don't remember them during the game.

I believe it is the home team's choice. For tourneys it is set, there are always 3. However it is up to each team to decide what they wish for their home games. In the 41st District, all 4 teams decided a couple of years ago to have 3 officials for all district games(regular season & tourney), and Franklin County went to 3 officials for all their games the same season.