Possible reason for Lackluster Bengal Performance

Page 2 of Originally Posted by malachicrunch What happened to the curfew Marvin supposedly imposed?? On a Friday night. Yeah right.... 26 comments | 652 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch
    What happened to the curfew Marvin supposedly imposed??
    On a Friday night. Yeah right.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime
    On a Friday night. Yeah right.
    I was home by 11:00. and that was after a big win

  3. #18
    sweet16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    The real WKY
    Posts
    22,379

    Quote Originally Posted by AverageJoesGym
    If the party was Friday night and it still affected them on Sunday that must have been the mother of all hangovers. You'd have thought they'd have made it to Waffle House with more than a day to recover.

    maybe the problem was that they didn't make it to the Waffle House.

  4. #19
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    I think the reason for the lackluster performance was the fact that their defense stinks...
    Nuff Said.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,096

    This one is real easy. The defense stunk and so did the defensive play calling. They blitzed almost none and still couldn't cover.
    Here is the stat of the game that says it all:

    88 pass attempts in the game..... ONE sack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  6. #21
    steelcurtain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    1,266

    Quote Originally Posted by sweet16
    maybe the problem was that they didn't make it to the Waffle House.
    The waffle house cures all. Something about the three teeth and the eight people working that helps you sober up.

  7. #22
    saint4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Location
    Whether you think you can or you can't, either way you are probably right.
    Posts
    4,351

    Quote Originally Posted by sports_monster
    I'll agree...Bengals Fan all the way here

    our defense just SUCKS!
    Correct!

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    North Carolina, but crazy about Ft. Thomas Highlands! Visit my Highlands website at www.Highlands-Bluebirds.com!
    Posts
    7,132

    The Bengals suffer from serious inconsistency.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain
    The waffle house cures all. Something about the three teeth and the eight people working that helps you sober up.
    They should have went to the Anchor Grill. " We may doze, but we never close".

  10. #25
    Qryche11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    Fort Thomas
    Posts
    24,522

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch
    They should have went to the Anchor Grill. " We may doze, but we never close".
    No doubt, Greasy bacon after numerous adult beverages cures all.

    I dont care if they had all day Saturday to sleep it off, it is a common fact that whether you are testing or performing in athletics, the night before sleep is not the most important. Its two nights before your event.

    I dont expect Frostee Rucker is bright enough to know that though.

  11. #26
    Pancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    Walking the stairway to 7
    Posts
    9,150

    Quote Originally Posted by jbwill2
    The Bengals suffer from serious inconsistency.
    I disagree, I think they consistently suck!

    Here is the problem: no defensive talent or defensive coaching.

    Maybe they could get the offence to play both ways, could it hurt?

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    When the Bengals defense doesn't get turnovers, they stink. As Pancake said, they are very consistent. They live and die by the turnover, and if the opposing offense hangs on to the ball, they move it up and down the field at will.

Top