Henry's rental car reported stolen

  1. #1
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,976

    Henry's rental car reported stolen

    This guy just can't stay out of the press.

    http://www.wlwt.com/news/14153845/detail.html
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Only you slim only you.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    For some, we would call this a misunderstanding.

    For others....

  4. #4
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    An officer spotted a car he did not recognize parked in the Cincinnati Bengal’s driveway, ran the license plates...
    Does that sound odd to anyone else? I know many, many cops and they know every car that I have and some of my friends cars. If a car other than one of the above is in my driveway, they still wouldn't run the plates...

  5. #5
    UKPat02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    9,417

    Here's the part I find interesting...
    An officer spotted a car he did not recognize parked in the Cincinnati Bengal’s driveway

    Sounds like the cops might be watching him pretty closely...

  6. #6
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    I agree guys a little bit odd. I am sure there are cars there the cops don't know all the time.

  7. #7
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by UKPat02
    Here's the part I find interesting...
    An officer spotted a car he did not recognize parked in the Cincinnati Bengalís driveway

    Sounds like the cops might be watching him pretty closely...
    Too slow...

  8. #8
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,577

    Sounds like his agent or person in charge of the rental didn't do their job. Throw in some police profiling and we have yet another Henry story...

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,395

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Sounds like his agent or person in charge of the rental didn't do their job. Throw in some police profiling and we have yet another Henry story...
    I actually starting to feel a little bad for the guy, because now people are just trying to find anyway to get this guy in trouble...

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    11,085

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Does that sound odd to anyone else? I know many, many cops and they know every car that I have and some of my friends cars. If a car other than one of the above is in my driveway, they still wouldn't run the plates...
    I just heard this on the news and thought the exact same thing. Is this considered profiling, or just a cop doing his job? I'd like to hear guru's take on this. I've got a car on my street with an Indiana plate and expired tags, and the cops haven't done anything about it.

  11. #11
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by nees1212
    I just heard this on the news and thought the exact same thing. Is this considered profiling, or just a cop doing his job? I'd like to hear guru's take on this. I've got a car on my street with an Indiana plate and expired tags, and the cops haven't done anything about it.
    If they would've said PO or something I'd understand but they didn't...

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Posts
    11,085

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    If they would've said PO or something I'd understand but they didn't...
    OK, the way channel 12 just worded it, maybe the cop knew about Hertz's stolen car report. Therefore, when he saw the car in the driveway, he ran the plates. However, I'm curious if Hertz ever tried to contact Henry or his insurance company regarding the car prior to reporting it stolen.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Posts
    32,704

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Sounds like his agent or person in charge of the rental didn't do their job. Throw in some police profiling and we have yet another Henry story...
    How is it profiling?

    Lets say the police know that you're a child molester and they watch your movements? Is that profiling? Hardly.

    This is not a case of "the man" keeping a brother down.

  14. #14
    theguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 00
    Location
    Florence
    Posts
    155,953

    I don't know all the details but I was told the police (Boone County SO) was at his house on an unrelated matter. In other words, no one was picking on Henry, this was official business and the deputy that responded saw something odd (maybe some damage) on the car in question and ran the plate.

    I also was told Henry and the rental company had talked about the car prior to it finally being reported as stolen.

    Things like this are civil to begin with but at some point when the owner cannot get their property back it becomes criminal (and therefore reported stolen).

  15. #15
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,389

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime
    Sounds like his agent or person in charge of the rental didn't do their job. Throw in some police profiling and we have yet another Henry story...
    I think profiling would be when a person fits a certain category, race, religion, whatever. I think it's safe to say this isn't profiling, Henry has solidified his own category.

    Reminds me of a line from my favorite movie Raising Arizona when Nicolas Cage is in front of the parole board and one of them says, "are you familiar with the term 'recitivism'?" and another parole board member pipes up "repeat O-ffender"

Top