Eli Manning Cleared to Play this Week

Page 7 of Eli Manning out for a month according to ESPN. Advertisement Sep 10, 07, 04:18 PM #2 98NCCalum View Profile View Forum Posts Registered User Join ... 121 comments | 2392 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #91
    _Scarface_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    UNC 86 UK 77...Can you say 4 victories in a row for the Heels vs UK?...Gardner Webb?...WOW!
    Posts
    4,388

    Doesn't matter...The Giants will still struggle to have a winning record this season with or without Eli.
    Advertisement

  2. #92
    BoomGoesTheCannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Where The City Deer Roam!!!
    Posts
    1,736

    Quote Originally Posted by qryche11
    Boom if you get a pass to go up to NJ this week with a newborn, you are my hero.
    Who said she and Mikey weren't going!!!!! I don't think we will be making the trip even though we were set to go on Monday night.

  3. #93
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    On a side note, the NY media is full of morons. They're blaming the Giants front office because they didn't sign a great backup. Do they realize that there are very few teams that can maintain production from their #1 to their #2? You have Peyton/Sorgi, Palmer/Fitzpatrick, Favre/Rodgers...etc. Very few have a backup that's set NCAA records...BTW.

  4. #94
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    "It's medical word games," a source close to Manning said. "He's got a second-degree separation -- that comes from the Giants' doctor [Russ Warren], who did the hands-on exam and thought it could be a month … three or four weeks.
    I guess this is why Mort was sticking to his story...


    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3015000

  5. #95
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    On a side note, the NY media is full of morons. They're blaming the Giants front office because they didn't sign a great backup. Do they realize that there are very few teams that can maintain production from their #1 to their #2? You have Peyton/Sorgi, Palmer/Fitzpatrick, Favre/Rodgers...etc. Very few have a backup that's set NCAA records...BTW.

    Every cities media is full of morons, NY included.

  6. #96
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    Every cities media is full of morons, NY included.
    But it's such a big market there are SOOOOOO many of them...

  7. #97
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I guess this is why Mort was sticking to his story...


    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3015000

    Being that Mort works for the largest sports network in the world, maybe he shouldn't report something as FACT when a Dr. said it's POSSIBLE that he could miss a month.

    BTW Eli has stated today that he is less sore and that his shoulder is no longer swollen...

  8. #98
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    Being that Mort works for the largest sports network in the world, maybe he shouldn't report something as FACT when a Dr. said it's POSSIBLE that he could miss a month.

    BTW Eli has stated today that he is less sore and that his shoulder is no longer swollen...
    Saw that. I imagine he'll try to actually throw tomorrow and not just a few tosses. I'm sure we'll know by tomorrow what's going to happen on Sunday. When does the team have to 'declare' a starter?

  9. #99
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Saw that. I imagine he'll try to actually throw tomorrow and not just a few tosses. I'm sure we'll know by tomorrow what's going to happen on Sunday. When does the team have to 'declare' a starter?

    Probably close to Sunday but I'm not sure...

    I think if Eli sits any time out, it will only be 1 week. I feel like he could miss this week still...but will definitely not be a month.

  10. #100
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    Probably close to Sunday but I'm not sure...

    I think if Eli sits any time out, it will only be 1 week. I feel like he could miss this week still...but will definitely not be a month.
    Agreed. If this team has any chance of going anywhere, he probably should sit this week...

  11. #101
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Agreed. If this team has any chance of going anywhere, he probably should sit this week...

    I think if he can throw without too much pain, he'll play. Two doctors have said he can't injure it more by playing. I'm just thinking that if it's too sore, Coughlin will sit him this week. The bad thing is this guy is really looking to be much improved this year. His accuracy is MUCH better than in the past and his foot work reminds me of Peyton...almost. He is in for a huge year IMO...

  12. #102
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Lorenzen Ready for Opportunity

    We just may be seeing what you're made of, big boy...

  13. #103
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,286

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Lorenzen Ready for Opportunity

    We just may be seeing what you're made of, big boy...
    I hope he gets a start and does amazing. It would be so cool if Eli didn't have a job when he came back. I know it won't happen, but that would be funny.

  14. #104
    _Scarface_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Location
    UNC 86 UK 77...Can you say 4 victories in a row for the Heels vs UK?...Gardner Webb?...WOW!
    Posts
    4,388

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3015753
    Manning takes snaps, hands off; Lorenzen takes first-team reps

    EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning took some snaps, made a few handoffs and tossed lightly to test his bruised right shoulder on Wednesday.

    Manning did not practice and coach Tom Coughlin gave no indication whether he would play Sunday against the Green Bay Packers.

    "I am encouraged by his progress," Coughlin said. "He is less sore than he was the day before, that kind of thing. The swelling is way down. So I'm encouraged by that."

    Manning was not available for comment in the locker room after practice.

    Backup QB Jared Lorenzen took snaps with the first team and would make his first career start Sunday if Manning can't play.

    "If I were a betting man I would say he would play," Lorenzen said of Manning, who returned and threw a touchdown pass after he was hurt in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 45-35 loss to Dallas. "He's a tough guy. He showed a lot of grit out there last week."

    Manning has started the last 42 regular-season and playoff games for New York. Coughlin said Manning's status is day-to-day.

    "We'll take everything into consideration, realize that he wants to play and is extremely competitive, and at the right time, we'll make the proper call," Coughlin said.


    Dr. James Andrews, a noted orthopedic specialist in Birmingham, Ala, studied an MRI of Manning's shoulder and informed the team that he believed Manning was "week-to-week" based on his findings, a source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

    However, two sources said again on Tuesday that Manning does have a slightly separated shoulder. The Giants have varied on their official report, calling it either a contusion of the A-C joint or a shoulder sprain.

    "It's medical word games," a source close to Manning said. "He's got a second-degree separation -- that comes from the Giants' doctor [Russ Warren], who did the hands-on exam and thought it could be a month ... three or four weeks."

  15. #105
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan
    I hope he gets a start and does amazing. It would be so cool if Eli didn't have a job when he came back. I know it won't happen, but that would be funny.

    Seeing as how Lorenzen will have at most, 2 games, that simply ain't happening.

Top