Eli Manning Cleared to Play this Week

Page 6 of Eli Manning out for a month according to ESPN. Advertisement Sep 10, 07, 04:18 PM #2 98NCCalum View Profile View Forum Posts Registered User Join ... 121 comments | 2390 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    This team isn't going anywhere if the other two Mannings were the QB's. Too many injuries. Also, even Eli said that the INT was at a perfect time because he didn't have time to tighten up. That's the only reason he could go back out there. When the Cowboys put together a lengthy drive, it tightened up big time and he couldn't throw. I think 'the network' is really over exaggerating this and the NY fans are really under exaggerating it...

    Q: On the last series what stopped you from going back in?

    A: Just talked to the coach – Coach Coughlin – trying to make smart decision. I knew there was something wrong. I knew it had gotten a little tighter and sort of felt a little more pain, I guess. And after that and a little bit more time sitting on the sideline – I didn’t want to make anything worse. If it came down and we had stopped them on the third down and we got the ball back, with my competitive nature I would have gone back in there. I would have wanted to go win that game.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    Q: On the last series what stopped you from going back in?

    A: Just talked to the coach – Coach Coughlin – trying to make smart decision. I knew there was something wrong. I knew it had gotten a little tighter and sort of felt a little more pain, I guess. And after that and a little bit more time sitting on the sideline – I didn’t want to make anything worse. If it came down and we had stopped them on the third down and we got the ball back, with my competitive nature I would have gone back in there. I would have wanted to go win that game.
    Yeah, he would've gone back in when he didn't have to throw four straight downs. As soon as he knew he had to throw a lot he pulled himself...

  3. #78
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    He might have someone saying something to him, but the Giants just got him cleared through the team doctor AND a second opinion from a doctor in Alabama. Why would a Doctor in 'Bama make something up?
    I don't know anything about an Alabama doctor, all I'm saying is that it's interesting that Mort's sticking to his guns...

  4. #79
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Yeah, he would've gone back in when he didn't have to throw four straight downs. As soon as he knew he had to throw a lot he pulled himself...


    If the Giants had held the Cowboys it would have been 38-35 with under 2 minutes, he would have been throwing the rest of the game.

  5. #80
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    I don't know anything about an Alabama doctor, all I'm saying is that it's interesting that Mort's sticking to his guns...

    Ever think he's just unwilling to admit he's wrong? The Giants have cleared him through TWO doctors...where could Mort possibly be getting this info from?

  6. #81
    Pat Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 04
    Location
    GO YANKS!
    Posts
    6,293

    Two things:

    1. Either Eli is fine and ready to go.

    2. Eli isn't fine and the doctors are just giving Coughlin what he wants to hear.

    I think Eli is hurting. He needs to sit out a week just to make sure that he is OK. Time will tell.

  7. #82

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    Tiki Barber said Jared Lorenzen struggled to read defenses. That's a shocker. He compared him to Kerry Collins...said he had a tremendously strong arm, but a slow release. He didn't sound real confident in J-Lo is Eli is out...

    These comments were made on the Barber Shop on SIRIUS Radio...it's a show with he and Ronde.

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,925

    Quote Originally Posted by 5wide
    Tiki Barber said Jared Lorenzen struggled to read defenses. That's a shocker. He compared him to Kerry Collins...said he had a tremendously strong arm, but a slow release. He didn't sound real confident in J-Lo is Eli is out...

    These comments were made on the Barber Shop on SIRIUS Radio...it's a show with he and Ronde.
    Tiki hasn't been positive regarding anything with the Giants. Seems to have a bit of an axe to grind.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Nov 01
    Location
    Union, KY
    Posts
    21,402

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch
    Tiki hasn't been positive regarding anything with the Giants. Seems to have a bit of an axe to grind.
    I'm sorry, I just fell over. Did you say "a bit of an axe to grind?" A bit? He has Paul Bunyan's axe to grind.

  10. #85
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20


    If the Giants had held the Cowboys it would have been 38-35 with under 2 minutes, he would have been throwing the rest of the game.
    Huh? Jared came in with 3:03 left and the Giants down 10. They could've put a good drive together without throwing the entire time. That's a weak excuse because if he throws enough to get them a touchdown and they get the onside kick he only throws one or two more times. I'm getting more and more convinced that it's worse than he's saying...

  11. #86
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    Ever think he's just unwilling to admit he's wrong? The Giants have cleared him through TWO doctors...where could Mort possibly be getting this info from?
    Of course he's unwilling to admit he's wrong... But he also has a reason that he's sticking to his story.

  12. #87
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Huh? Jared came in with 3:03 left and the Giants down 10. They could've put a good drive together without throwing the entire time. That's a weak excuse because if he throws enough to get them a touchdown and they get the onside kick he only throws one or two more times. I'm getting more and more convinced that it's worse than he's saying...

    Jared came in with 3:03 left because Dallas scored a TD. If Dallas hadn't scored, Eli would have been in, GUARANTEED, he said it himself. What are you saying, you know more about it than Eli? I just posted the interview that said he'd have stayed in had the defense held...

  13. #88
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by Pat Dad
    Two things:

    1. Either Eli is fine and ready to go.

    2. Eli isn't fine and the doctors are just giving Coughlin what he wants to hear.

    I think Eli is hurting. He needs to sit out a week just to make sure that he is OK. Time will tell.

    What makes you think Eli is hurting? The second doctor was not a team doctor...

  14. #89
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,313

    Quote Originally Posted by stickymitts
    Of course he's unwilling to admit he's wrong... But he also has a reason that he's sticking to his story.

    Mort has actually back tracked a bit saying that Eli is saying he is okay, and that it is not a matter of a couple of weeks instead of the month he stated originally. Mort is being stubborn. My guess is someone gave him bad information and he trusted that person. Now he's just afraid to admit that his source was off a little...

  15. #90
    stickymitts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    "Win for Quinn"
    Posts
    19,321

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20
    Jared came in with 3:03 left because Dallas scored a TD. If Dallas hadn't scored, Eli would have been in, GUARANTEED, he said it himself. What are you saying, you know more about it than Eli? I just posted the interview that said he'd have stayed in had the defense held...
    Never said that. Not even close. What I said was that it's weak to say he would've been in if they had a chance to win. As I said, I'm starting to convince myself that it's worse than expected, just by what I read. At this point, I don't know anymore than anyone else so you're barking up the wrong tree. As for the guarantee, 'I could take a'...forget it...

    Let me make this easy for you. Do you really want your 'leader' and starting QB believing they can't score 10 points in 3:00? One throw and an onside kick and it's a whole new ballgame.

Top