Bengals Draft Plan???

Page 5 of If you're Mike Brown what would your plan be? I'd take Green first, hope Ingram slides to you in the second, draft two players on the O-Line and have M... 127 comments | 2370 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #61

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    I'm fine with Dalton. I'll bet anything Mallett will be better than him but I'm fine with the pick. Marvin and Gruden got who they wanted. No excuses if it doesn't work
    For how long? Until he does something stupid? Why add an extra headache to a team that is infamous for adding plenty of them. It clearly hasn't worked out in the past.
    Advertisement

  2. #62

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    For how long? Until he does something stupid? Why add an extra headache to a team that is infamous for adding plenty of them. It clearly hasn't worked out in the past.
    Because they usually suck so the drama is entertaining

  3. #63

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    I hope the Bengals get Cobb in the third round.

  4. #64

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    Yes. Dalton won't be any good either. I don't want another Pennington. I want hthe big arm that doesn't scramble that well. I want the guy that didn't play in the Mountain West and who isn't short
    Dalton doesn't have the arm Mallett does but it's definitely stronger than Pennington.

    I will take accuracy over strength all day. Dalton is +1000 in the intangibles category compared to Mallett.

  5. #65

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Location
    In enemy territory scouting for the future..
    Posts
    10,311

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    I hope the Bengals get Cobb in the third round.
    They drafted Shipley last year. I doubt they will draft Cobb to basically play the same position..

  6. #66

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    They drafted Shipley last year. I doubt they will draft Cobb to basically play the same position..
    True I hope they get a DT then or Safety.

  7. #67
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by raiderbird View Post
    They drafted Shipley last year. I doubt they will draft Cobb to basically play the same position..
    Yeah that isn't happening.

  8. #68

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Green is going to be wearing jersey number 18. Hopefully Dalton gets to wear number 14.

  9. #69
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    True I hope they get a DT then or Safety.
    I agree one or the other.

  10. #70

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Bengals are going to get Dontay Moch.

  11. #71

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Love the Dalton pick for Cincy. Best QB they could have gotten. He's a smart guy, good off the field. May not be the most talented guy in the draft, but he could become an effective QB if given proper coaching.

  12. #72

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    Dalton doesn't have the arm Mallett does but it's definitely stronger than Pennington.

    I will take accuracy over strength all day. Dalton is +1000 in the intangibles category compared to Mallett.
    I'm not a big inatngibles guy when a weakness is arm strength and height. Especially when it's a QB that throws a little side armed. I'll take the guy that was recruited by Michigan and transferred to an SEC school and put up numbers rather than the guy that beat up on MWC schools. They're putting a ton of trust in Jay Gruden and his system. How many times has he ever scouted for an NFL draft? How do we know he can evaluate NFL talent at a high level with minimum help from scouts? I'm not toally against the pick or taking Green. I just don't think it's all going to work out because the Bengals and Jay Gruden got what he wanted.

  13. #73

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    I'm not a big inatngibles guy when a weakness is arm strength and height. Especially when it's a QB that throws a little side armed. I'll take the guy that was recruited by Michigan and transferred to an SEC school and put up numbers rather than the guy that beat up on MWC schools. They're putting a ton of trust in Jay Gruden and his system. How many times has he ever scouted for an NFL draft? How do we know he can evaluate NFL talent at a high level with minimum help from scouts? I'm not toally against the pick or taking Green. I just don't think it's all going to work out because the Bengals and Jay Gruden got what he wanted.
    But Petrino's offense really hasn't ever developed a good NFL QB. Brohm was all world in high school and college and has done little so far in the NFL. Neither pick would have been a homerun, Cincy went with the guy with fewer issues. Adding Mallett to Cincy would have been toxic. It would have been the 3rd atomic bomb. NKY would be laid to waste. Corpses would rise from the grave and start eating flesh. Chad and TO would seem like model citizens. Pacman would go back to committing crime.

    Is Dalton's arm really that bad? As for Jay Gruden, you may have a point. But little Gruden does know about passing the football and does know offense. Might not work out with Dalton or with his offense in general, but it could.

  14. #74

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    But Petrino's offense really hasn't ever developed a good NFL QB. Brohm was all world in high school and college and has done little so far in the NFL. Neither pick would have been a homerun, Cincy went with the guy with fewer issues. Adding Mallett to Cincy would have been toxic. It would have been the 3rd atomic bomb. NKY would be laid to waste. Corpses would rise from the grave and start eating flesh. Chad and TO would seem like model citizens. Pacman would go back to committing crime.

    Is Dalton's arm really that bad? As for Jay Gruden, you may have a point. But little Gruden does know about passing the football and does know offense. Might not work out with Dalton or with his offense in general, but it could.
    Mallett had 1 public intoxication in college. Cam Newton has way and I mean way more personal issues than Mallett and he went number 1 overall. I just don't think you take a QB 35th overall unless he can be elite. We're saying he can't be elite, but he's a good guy that fits the West coast system of a guy coming from the UFL. I'm not saying it can't work. I'm saying they didn't win the draft.

    TCU's offense is gimicky and I'd guess they don't have a bunch of QB's leading franchises.

  15. #75

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    Mallett had 1 public intoxication in college. Cam Newton has way and I mean way more personal issues than Mallett and he went number 1 overall. I just don't think you take a QB 35th overall unless he can be elite. We're saying he can't be elite, but he's a good guy that fits the West coast system of a guy coming from the UFL. I'm not saying it can't work. I'm saying they didn't win the draft.

    TCU's offense is gimicky and I'd guess they don't have a bunch of QB's leading franchises.
    Every team in the league was scared of Mallet's personality. Without that there is no way he's not a top 15 pick I don't think. I wouldn't want either because I think NFL teams need an Elite QB nowadays, but if forced to choose I'd take Dalton. Dalton seems just as good as any QB in this draft to me. But personally I wouldn't have taken any of them. Next years class will be better.

Top