"I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again"

Page 6 of 2 winning seasons in 20 yrs ? Im all about being a loyal fan but there comes a point when you have to make smarter decisions with your money. CP is don... 111 comments | 3425 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Nice, hopefully he will follow through on his promise.
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    The more this goes, the more I think it really has to do with his family. Even comments from Marvin a few weeks ago suggest that, when he said as of right now Palmer plans on being with his family and retiring and so that is what they are planning for. No one knows for sure why Palmer is doing this since he has never came out himself and said it. However I really do believe even more now that the main reason is his family. His wife just had another kid and they are from the West Coast, and so maybe his wife told him she is moving back there. So he just wants to be with her, and that is why it only would take him getting traded to a West Coast team for him to play. Its not like he just is wanting out of Cincy, he wants to be on the West Coast or he is retiring.

  3. #78
    StickerMann's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Sitting down in Central KY, still enjoying the run!!
    Posts
    3,366

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    The more this goes, the more I think it really has to do with his family. Even comments from Marvin a few weeks ago suggest that, when he said as of right now Palmer plans on being with his family and retiring and so that is what they are planning for. No one knows for sure why Palmer is doing this since he has never came out himself and said it. However I really do believe even more now that the main reason is his family. His wife just had another kid and they are from the West Coast, and so maybe his wife told him she is moving back there. So he just wants to be with her, and that is why it only would take him getting traded to a West Coast team for him to play. Its not like he just is wanting out of Cincy, he wants to be on the West Coast or he is retiring.
    Or like most of the rest of Cincinnati--He justs away from Mike Brown??

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Ft. Mitchell Ky
    Posts
    21,150

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post
    Or like most of the rest of Cincinnati--He justs away from Mike Brown??
    I would say both. Last fall when idiot, as well as classless, fans started throwing trash on their lawn his wife had enough, and took the family back to Cali.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    Quote Originally Posted by StickerMann View Post
    Or like most of the rest of Cincinnati--He justs away from Mike Brown??
    Thats the thing its not like he just doesn't want to play for Cincy, his people has said he wants traded to the West Coast. So it's not just like he wants out of Cincy, he doesn't want to play for anyone but a West Coast team. Which makes me believe he does want to play football, or else he would just flat out retire. However he wants to be with his family, and his family wants to be on the West Coast. That's why IMO he has not come out and said anything himself, because it's not like he is going to throw his family under the bus and say that is the reason why he wants traded because his family was moving back no matter what....I know none of what I just said could be true, but it's just what I think now. No one will ever really know, especially since Palmer is not talking himself.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    I think the season ticket holders should throw a retirement party for Palmer in the West Club at PBS. I am glad he was prudent with his money and has a nice nest egg to provide financial security for him and his family for many years to come compliments of Mr. Brown. Enjoy your retirement CP. Mike Brown might consider trading you if you had any value, but according to all of the fans I have heard at tail gate parties, during games and on almost all web blogs, you have zero value because you are terrible. Might want to tell you wife to watch the spending also now that you will be on a fixed income.

  7. #82

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,096

    Mike Brown, Chad Johnson, rushed back from injury, no commitment to winning, circus of players that aren't wanted on other teams, fans wanting to throw a retirement party because he "has no value". I don't blame him one bit for wanting out of the circus! You spend your whole life trying to get to the NFL+ win a Super Bowl. He did the 1st part. He's been stuck in a circus since he's been there. There are a few things appealing this year. Gruden, Green+CJ possibly gone. That is definatly an upgrade for him!

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    Quote Originally Posted by stick1 View Post
    Mike Brown, Chad Johnson, rushed back from injury, no commitment to winning, circus of players that aren't wanted on other teams, fans wanting to throw a retirement party because he "has no value". I don't blame him one bit for wanting out of the circus! You spend your whole life trying to get to the NFL+ win a Super Bowl. He did the 1st part. He's been stuck in a circus since he's been there. There are a few things appealing this year. Gruden, Green+CJ possibly gone. That is definatly an upgrade for him!
    What I don't get is Palmer was quoted as saying to Simpson after the last game telling him to get ready because them two are going to tear it up next year. Palmer even in games seemed like he was having more fun the last two games than he had in a long time. Then a few weeks later, Palmer decided he wanted traded all of a sudden. So to me it is two things, it is either his family didn't want to be here anymore. Which Palmer being the guy he is, he is going to do what is right for his family over what he wants. Or maybe it has to do with Marvin, because I am sure right after the season Palmer didn't think Marvin would be back, and then shortly after Marvin was asked back Palmer decided he didn't want to be here. I think it more has to do with the family, but it just weird to see Palmer doing this considering how he acted the last two games, and the things he told Simpson the day after the season.

  9. #84

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    I am going on record as saying that Palmer will play football again as a Bengal.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    I am going on record as saying that Palmer will play football again as a Bengal.
    I believe in the end he will come back, as long as the Bengals do what they are doing and don't trade him. I believe he does want to play football, however his family does want to be back on the West Coast. So he is going to try his best bluff to make that happen. However if there is a training camp, and that time comes. I think he will then fold his bluff and come back.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,923

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I believe in the end he will come back, as long as the Bengals do what they are doing and don't trade him. I believe he does want to play football, however his family does want to be back on the West Coast. So he is going to try his best bluff to make that happen. However if there is a training camp, and that time comes. I think he will then fold his bluff and come back.
    Coming back would be a huge mistake for CP. No win situation for him in Cincy.

  12. #87
    CincySportsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 08
    Posts
    8,225

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch View Post
    Coming back would be a huge mistake for CP. No win situation for him in Cincy.
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a no-win situation. There's two possibilities that I could see arise that could still work out for him. One, is with the change in OC, the addition of Green, subtraction of Ocho, etc. that the offense enjoys a surge in the next couple of years until the rest of the league "adjusts". This might be all the time that the Bengals need to allow Dalton to be groomed as the replacement. Then, Mike Brown makes a business decision and trades a now valuable commodity in Palmer. Or, Carson returns and experiences the same type of futility that many fans here expect him to have. Then, the Bengals decide to go ahead and try Dalton just to see what happens, and he enjoys success. Which prompts Mike Brown to make another business decision, and release Carson. Either way he eventually gets what he wants...just not right now.

  13. #88
    Pancake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 03
    Location
    Walking the stairway to 7
    Posts
    9,150

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch View Post
    Coming back would be a huge mistake for CP. No win situation for him in Cincy.
    Winning cures all, but winning is the hard part...

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Posts
    19,923

    Quote Originally Posted by CincySportsFan View Post
    I wouldn't go so far as to say it's a no-win situation. There's two possibilities that I could see arise that could still work out for him. One, is with the change in OC, the addition of Green, subtraction of Ocho, etc. that the offense enjoys a surge in the next couple of years until the rest of the league "adjusts". This might be all the time that the Bengals need to allow Dalton to be groomed as the replacement. Then, Mike Brown makes a business decision and trades a now valuable commodity in Palmer. Or, Carson returns and experiences the same type of futility that many fans here expect him to have. Then, the Bengals decide to go ahead and try Dalton just to see what happens, and he enjoys success. Which prompts Mike Brown to make another business decision, and release Carson. Either way he eventually gets what he wants...just not right now.
    1st pick 6 CP throws would bring a wrath that he has not felt before. Oh yes, if he comes back he will throw one early in the season.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    Quote Originally Posted by malachicrunch View Post
    1st pick 6 CP throws would bring a wrath that he has not felt before. Oh yes, if he comes back he will throw one early in the season.
    I completely agree. That is just how Cincinnati fans are in this area in all sports. The Bengals could start off 2 and 0 next year and Palmer be playing great, and in the third game say even if the ball is tipped at the line and picked off for a pick 6. People will start booing, and say put in Dalton. That is always the most popular thing to do in Cincy, once one bad thing happens people want that person gone. We have seen it with the Reds the last 2 years, half the team wouldn't be on the team anymore if people got there way and had the guys gone when they wanted. So yes if Palmer came back he would have to be basically perfect, or else most of these same people will be complaining.

Top