"I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again"

Page 2 of 2 winning seasons in 20 yrs ? Im all about being a loyal fan but there comes a point when you have to make smarter decisions with your money. CP is don... 111 comments | 3425 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16
    statman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Covington, KY
    Posts
    2,995

    "I will never set foot in Paul Brown Stadium again"

    That's kind of funny to me, since I said the same thing when PBS was built, except for the word "again." I have kept my promise.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    City of Beautiful Homes
    Posts
    25,560

    Unless he's had some unbelivable investment returns and avoided the downturn completely there's no way he has 80 million. He's made about 55 million from the NFL. Figure he kept half after taxes. Endorsements would add some but $50 million above what he's earned? Not very likely.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Dec 07
    Posts
    1,283

    55 or 80 he has enough to make good on his promise.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    You walk away from 50MM...............need to have your brain examined.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Posts
    2,891

    Another unnamed source- whatever!

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jun 05
    Posts
    3,493

    Make him retire, no way I would give in and trade him.

  7. #22
    ColonelCrazy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Posts
    34,251

    Quote Originally Posted by 75center View Post
    Unless he's had some unbelivable investment returns and avoided the downturn completely there's no way he has 80 million. He's made about 55 million from the NFL. Figure he kept half after taxes. Endorsements would add some but $50 million above what he's earned? Not very likely.
    You're not counting the money he earned at U$C.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    WHO DEY!!!
    Posts
    23,457

    I would not trade him, if he retires then he retires. No matter what they need to go in this draft and get a young QB. If Palmer comes back then great, however if he doesn't then you have already drafted the young guy anyways.

    I keep going back and forth on thinking if he really will retire. Part of me believes him, but part of me believes that he is bluffing. He knows other guys have failed to get traded when they asked, so he is trying to have some leverage unlike them and saying he would retire. So he might just be doing everything he can to make it look like he is serious about it. However I believe or hope that he is just trying to make it look like it. Then if it doesn't happen, then he will finally give in.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    You walk away from 50MM...............need to have your brain examined.
    Unless you're truly that unhappy with your current situation. Which is really sad for the Bengals franchise...

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 08
    Location
    The Town That Bleeds Blue
    Posts
    1,437

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I would not trade him, if he retires then he retires. No matter what they need to go in this draft and get a young QB. If Palmer comes back then great, however if he doesn't then you have already drafted the young guy anyways.

    I keep going back and forth on thinking if he really will retire. Part of me believes him, but part of me believes that he is bluffing. He knows other guys have failed to get traded when they asked, so he is trying to have some leverage unlike them and saying he would retire. So he might just be doing everything he can to make it look like he is serious about it. However I believe or hope that he is just trying to make it look like it. Then if it doesn't happen, then he will finally give in.
    I don't see how you couldn't trade him, especially if you're looking to get a QB in the draft. He still has value, and trading him could bring in another good player or some good draft picks. Why lose him and get absolutely nothing when you have a chance to get something in return? Just based on principle and ego? I just don't see what's positive about letting him retire.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,096

    I'd trade him. Remember back in the day when Wash was offering 1st rounder+ for Chad? I said ship him off too back then. Cincy didn't and got nothing but headaches. I don't think Palmer is the kind to fool around. There is one thing more important than money every time and that's your health. His mental health is shot there and physically the Cincy organization has been stupid the way they handled his injuries. I don't blame him one bit. To me more than anything it is just reinforcement on how poorly the Bengals are run. You can't let the inmates run the prison but at the same time you have a choice on something in return or nothing at all and looking stupid. I thought Marvin needed a change of scenery and I think CP does too. Get rid of the trouble making WR's and build more of a Balt/Pitt type team which is what Cincy was 2 years ago when they won the Division. Defense+running the ball physically.
    If Cincy was built to spread the field then great but I just think they have a lot of skill guys on the decline to spread it out. Spread is a great way to beat Pitt/Balt if you have all the pieces but Cincy doesn't.

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by futurecoach View Post
    I would not trade him, if he retires then he retires. No matter what they need to go in this draft and get a young QB. If Palmer comes back then great, however if he doesn't then you have already drafted the young guy anyways.

    I keep going back and forth on thinking if he really will retire. Part of me believes him, but part of me believes that he is bluffing. He knows other guys have failed to get traded when they asked, so he is trying to have some leverage unlike them and saying he would retire. So he might just be doing everything he can to make it look like he is serious about it. However I believe or hope that he is just trying to make it look like it. Then if it doesn't happen, then he will finally give in.
    To sit on him and make him retire is a terrible football decision. I'm guessing that's what the Bengals do they because they don't make good football decisions.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    I wonder what the IRS thinks about him having 80 million sitting in the bank?

  14. #29
    woodsrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 04
    Posts
    20,521

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    To sit on him and make him retire is a terrible football decision. I'm guessing that's what the Bengals do they because they don't make good football decisions.
    Exactly. For the Bengals not to trade him makes ZERO sense and only further proves why they are the laughing stock of the league. This is a business and trading CP is good business. Brown needs to remove his head for his rear end.

    I would love to hear the reason why you don't trade him and let him retire.

  15. #30
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    I wonder what the IRS thinks about him having 80 million sitting in the bank?
    He can put his money anywhere he wants it.

Top