Track The NBA Playoffs

Page 4 of Originally Posted by HammerTime Seriously do you really think that? Yes, the stats show that right now he's an above average shooter from many spots on... 492 comments | 6985 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Hammertime I just don't believe that at all. I'm usually right with your NBA analysis but but I think your bias is showing big-time. LeBron is already an abover average shooter from the deep two point to three point range. Why wouldn't his mid-range game improve? That is where most wings go to when their athleticism leaves. MJ's mid-range game improved, as did Kobe's, DWade's, or any other wing worth his weight. The fact that his deep game has improved so much is evidence that his mid-range game should improve if you want to abide by something I call the "history of the game". He's much improved over the course of his career. I see no reason his mid-range game will not develop. I see no valid reason why it won't, maybe you do but I would love to hear it.
    I just showed you what the stats are how am I biased? They improved when they were in their prime not when they were on the downsides of their career. If anything his percentages will get worse. He will have to rely more on the jump shot and won't be able to get to the rim as easily. Obviously he has improved I am not debating that but it seems he has hit the plateau as far as that IMO. Only time will tell. I expect him to stay right around where he is right now as far as his jumper goes... Not that there is anything wrong with that he is already the best player in the league.
    Advertisement

  2. #47

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I just showed you what the stats are how am I biased? They improved when they were in their prime not when they were on the downsides of their career. If anything his percentages will get worse. He will have to rely more on the jump shot and won't be able to get to the rim as easily. Obviously he has improved I am not debating that but it seems he has hit the plateau as far as that IMO. Only time will tell. I expect him to stay right around where he is right now as far as his jumper goes... Not that there is anything wrong with that he is already the best player in the league.
    He's just entered his prime, he's 26. He has another 5 years give or take a year or two of being at the top of his game before decline sets in. Just wait til next year, his post and mid-post game have improved tremendously throughout this year, and that part of his game is what he's decided to commit himself to working on this year and summer.

  3. #48
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Not sure what would make you think the outlined would go up. It has gone down since year 2 and back and fourth since then.

    Sorry it's to small.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by HammerTime; Apr 16, 11 at 11:37 AM.

  4. #49

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    His year two numbers were an abnormality. No real reason for it. He's been consistently around 33% for the last 3 years and his shot selection has improved alot of late. Next year with him and the Heat being more comfortable I'll bet he's around 35% from downtown for the season.

  5. #50
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    His year two numbers were an abnormality. No real reason for it. He's been consistently around 33% for the last 3 years and his shot selection has improved alot of late. Next year with him and the Heat being more comfortable I'll bet he's around 35% from downtown for the season.
    Considering he has only done that once in his career I disagree and that was the season you call an abnormality.

  6. #51
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Games like that Bulls game are what make the NBA awesome. I laughed at those that say it's not as good as college. It's not even close.

  7. #52

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Considering he has only done that once in his career I disagree and that was the season you call an abnormality.
    We'll see.

  8. #53
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,160

    Down 88-98 with somewhere around three and a half minutes to play, Rose wills the Bulls to a win. Bulls outscore the Pacers 16-1 the rest of the way.

  9. #54

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by mcpapa View Post
    Down 88-98 with somewhere around three and a half minutes to play, Rose wills the Bulls to a win. Bulls outscore the Pacers 16-1 the rest of the way.
    I want to say I couldn't believe they made up the deficit, but I'd be lying. It was as strange game.

  10. #55

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the zone
    Posts
    13,387

    Matt Bonner! Memphis blew this game by missing FT's.

  11. #56
    Hangman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    Pikeville
    Posts
    16,111

    Grizzlies get their first playoff victory in franchise history. Battier hit a clutch three to give them the lead back with under a minute to play, and they were able to hold on after looking like they'd choked it away.

    One playoff win in 16 seasons... That's crazy.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    Battier's three was about as big as they come.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Spurs have got to be a little worried right now.

  14. #59

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    If Pau doesn't start playing well, the Lakers aren't going anywhere.

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    If Pau doesn't start playing well, the Lakers aren't going anywhere.
    They won't take NO seriously. Lakers are the world's worst at flipping the switch on and off. This series should be four easy games, but it wouldn't surprise me to see the Lakers mess around and let the Hornets take them to 6 games.

Top