Track The NBA Playoffs

Page 33 of Originally Posted by HammerTime Seriously do you really think that? Yes, the stats show that right now he's an above average shooter from many spots on... 492 comments | 6993 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #481

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    I'd like it because it would reward the teams with the best records. Not that it would do that this year, I think LA would rather play Dallas than Memphis.
    Exactly... so why do it? An 8 seed that beats a 1 seed is obviously hot or playing really well so "rewarding" them might actually hurt the team you put them up against. The teams with the best records get rewarded at the beginning of the playoffs.
    Advertisement

  2. #482

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    Exactly... so why do it? An 8 seed that beats a 1 seed is obviously hot or playing really well so "rewarding" them might actually hurt the team you put them up against. The teams with the best records get rewarded at the beginning of the playoffs.
    I just like how the NFL does it. Think it makes the conference finals more interesting in many years. This year it wouldn't make a difference really. Some combo of Chicago, Miami, Boston are going to be in the ECF and LA vs. OKC is going to be the WCF matchup IMO. Wouldn't make a lot of difference IMO, but in those crazy years it could help.

  3. #483
    Mack The Knife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 05
    Location
    "Last night when we were young"
    Posts
    6,271

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    What is the reasoning behind reseeding? I don't see how it makes a difference. And how can you properly reseed when seeds are based on an 82 game schedule?
    The argument for reseeding is that Dallas is seeded higher than Oklahoma City, but they have to play the Lakers without homecourt advantage.

  4. #484
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by Mack The Knife View Post
    The argument for reseeding is that Dallas is seeded higher than Oklahoma City, but they have to play the Lakers without homecourt advantage.

    Gotcha. It makes sense to reseed when you put it that way. Doesn't bother me so much when you put it that way.

  5. #485
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    These old dudes won't go away......come on Memphis.

  6. #486
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Tim Duncan is a smart guy. Is this this last game?

  7. #487
    DragonFire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 00
    Location
    Go home and be a family man.
    Posts
    33,264

    The Grizzlies put the Spurs down this time.

  8. #488
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Tim Duncan is a smart guy. Is this this last game?
    I doubt this is his last game.

  9. #489

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,618

    I'M GOING TO THE WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIS!!!!! About time it's been several years of misery following the Grizz.

  10. #490

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by HT721 View Post
    I'M GOING TO THE WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIS!!!!! About time it's been several years of misery following the Grizz.
    Enjoy it. The deeper the playoffs go, the better the game experience is. Should be fun for you brother .

  11. #491
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    I doubt this is his last game.
    If it isn't then next year has to be his last year. He has nothing left to give the NBA.

  12. #492

    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Flo
    Posts
    20,339

    Quote Originally Posted by HT721 View Post
    I'M GOING TO THE WESTERN CONFERENCE SEMIS!!!!! About time it's been several years of misery following the Grizz.
    I lost that bet, didn't know there were any Grizzlies fans.

    Kidding, they look great. They could give OKC fits.

  13. #493

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Original Rookie View Post
    I lost that bet, didn't know there were any Grizzlies fans.

    Kidding, they look great. They could give OKC fits.
    Agreed. Memphis matches up well with OKC. Really well.

Top