Track The NBA Playoffs

Page 18 of Originally Posted by HammerTime Seriously do you really think that? Yes, the stats show that right now he's an above average shooter from many spots on... 492 comments | 6993 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #256

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,618

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    Yep and with Rondo it's a different defensive scheme because he isn't expected to shoot it like CP3 is.
    Ya I'd like to see what Chris Paul could do with people around him, he does so much now with very little help, night in night out the other team is focusing 100% of their attention on him, he would be unreal if he could get on a team where defenses had to focus on others as well.

    On another note today I read where CP3 flew a kid down from New Hampshire for their game Friday, the kid lost his mother a few weeks ago.
    Advertisement

  2. #257

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,618

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I'm going to go throw up.
    It might wake the lakers up just look at it this way, they still have home court advantage.

  3. #258

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Dola or OR whoever said it please tell me after watching the first 4 games of this series that New Orleans is not a one man team. I"ll give you 1 1/2 if West is healthy, but this team is by far the least talented in the playoffs is it not? Take Paul off this team and it is one of the worst 5 or 6 in the league IMO. Rondo does a better job of making his teammates better what a joke. That litterally makes me laugh because he plays with HOF guys who if anything make HIM look better IMO.

    And OR, no way do I think Rondo makes New Orleans anywhere close to a playoff team and I don't think his assist numbers would be as good. Without him being the 4th or 5th option on the floor, teams are not going to respect him at all on the offensive end of the floor. He couldn't make 5 out of 10 shots from 12+ feet out if he was the only player on the floor.

  4. #259

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    pikeville
    Posts
    13,078

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Dola or OR whoever said it please tell me after watching the first 4 games of this series that New Orleans is not a one man team. I"ll give you 1 1/2 if West is healthy, but this team is by far the least talented in the playoffs is it not? Take Paul off this team and it is one of the worst 5 or 6 in the league IMO. Rondo does a better job of making his teammates better what a joke. That litterally makes me laugh because he plays with HOF guys who if anything make HIM look better IMO.

    And OR, no way do I think Rondo makes New Orleans anywhere close to a playoff team and I don't think his assist numbers would be as good. Without him being the 4th or 5th option on the floor, teams are not going to respect him at all on the offensive end of the floor. He couldn't make 5 out of 10 shots from 12+ feet out if he was the only player on the floor.
    Cats man we will never know these things for sure because there is no way you can just swap them with each other. Paul is great, I have even said so, even went as far as saying he was def top 10 in the league, and more than likely top 5. I also said that the overhauled roster the Hornets have been playing with this year hasn't been as good as its been in the past couple of years but is not as bad as you make it out to be. Ariza, West, and even Okafur would more than likely start on 20 or so NBA teams and of course if you take Paul away they are not going to be as good. Same can be said if you take Durant away from OKC, or any other super star you want to name from their perspective teams. Heck, even if you take Lebron away from Miami they are still not going to be very good so I don't understand that argument. The Celtics with Rondo at point are capable of winning another championship, without him there is no way.

    Again and as I have said numerous times, it is only a matter of opinion and in our case a difference of opinion. I choose not to go on one game or one series for my opinion. Like I have said one hundred times by now Paul and Williams are better NBA players and superstars than Rondo, I will not argue that. However, as I said before If I am building a team and can have any point I want outside of Derrick Rose I am taking Rondo every single time.

  5. #260
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by HT721 View Post
    It might wake the lakers up just look at it this way, they still have home court advantage.
    I'm worried about after that. I don't think they can win in the 2nd round playing like that.

  6. #261
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I'm worried about after that. I don't think they can win in the 2nd round playing like that.
    I don't think they can either.

  7. #262
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    What's the word on Kobe? Heard he was on crutches after the game.

  8. #263

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    What's the word on Kobe? Heard he was on crutches after the game.
    Not sure but the ankle twist didn't look too bad.

  9. #264
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    What's the word on Kobe? Heard he was on crutches after the game.
    Just sore he said he will play.

  10. #265

    Join Date
    Nov 04
    Location
    5 Miles from nowhere
    Posts
    20,629

    I can't wait to see the Miami/Boston series. Its not often you get a matchup of that caliber in the second round of the playoffs.

    If all are healthy, I still like Boston.

    I'm not worried about the Lakers...yet. But, I hate it when they put themselves in these positions. One slip up and you're staring at elimination and anything can happen in a one-game scenario. They need to take care of business and get focused. I wonder how motivated they'll be for the second round, assuming they advance. I'm not convinced anybody in the west will get the Lakers completely motivated, and that could very well be their downfall, IMO.

  11. #266
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by 5wide View Post
    I can't wait to see the Miami/Boston series. Its not often you get a matchup of that caliber in the second round of the playoffs.

    If all are healthy, I still like Boston.

    I'm not worried about the Lakers...yet. But, I hate it when they put themselves in these positions. One slip up and you're staring at elimination and anything can happen in a one-game scenario. They need to take care of business and get focused. I wonder how motivated they'll be for the second round, assuming they advance. I'm not convinced anybody in the west will get the Lakers completely motivated, and that could very well be their downfall, IMO.
    I would think the Thunder would. They pushed them to the brink last season, and OKC is much improved from last year.

  12. #267
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by 5wide View Post
    I can't wait to see the Miami/Boston series. Its not often you get a matchup of that caliber in the second round of the playoffs.

    If all are healthy, I still like Boston.

    I'm not worried about the Lakers...yet. But, I hate it when they put themselves in these positions. One slip up and you're staring at elimination and anything can happen in a one-game scenario. They need to take care of business and get focused. I wonder how motivated they'll be for the second round, assuming they advance. I'm not convinced anybody in the west will get the Lakers completely motivated, and that could very well be their downfall, IMO.
    I agree.

  13. #268
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I would think the Thunder would. They pushed them to the brink last season, and OKC is much improved from last year.
    I thought it was a 6 game series with OKC.

  14. #269
    PurplePride92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    If I was you I wouldn't like me either. #Views #justdoit
    Posts
    89,886

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    Not sure but the ankle twist didn't look too bad.

    They talked like he hurt his foot more than the ankle. He was 'probably' going to get an MRI on the foot last I read.

  15. #270
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by PurplePride92 View Post
    I thought it was a 6 game series with OKC.
    It was, but they gave the Lakers all they could handle and then some....If I'm not mistaken, the game 6 loss went down to the final seconds. This Lakers team wouldn't stand a chance against OKC if they don't have some drastic changes, and quick.

Top