Track the NBA basketball season. March

Page 9 of Originally Posted by HammerTime I'm pretty sure you aren't serious but I don't get why you said it? The 76ers are 29-17 since starting 3-13. Collins ha... 172 comments | 2854 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #121
    NEERFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 01
    Location
    Contest Stalwart per mcpapa
    Posts
    35,976

    Anyone else catch the Bulls game on WGN? Rose was a beast down the stretch, scoring on four consecutive trips and dishing out 17 assists.
    Advertisement

  2. #122

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    It won't be next year it will be as a free agent.
    How? There is no way under the sun the Lakers can get Howard anytime in the near future, I'm just not seeing it. The Lakers won't have cap for the next 10 years. Kobe's 30 million dollar contract in about 2 years hurts them there, and will kill them with the new CBA.

    For the Lakers to be able to get him, they'd have to do a sign and trade number 1. We don't even know if that will be something that is around in the future. If they can do a sign and trade, it has to be something the Magic will agree to. Who would you take going forward for the next dozen years, Andrew Bynum or Brook Lopez? Nets will also have other throw in players available that are infinitely better than what the Lakers have. In two years how much value is Steve Blake going to have?

    His best opportunity will be to go to Boston, because these power moves just won't work with the new CBA, I would almost guarantee that. Just imagine if there is a franchise tag. How do you see Howard getting there HT?

  3. #123

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by NEERFAN View Post
    Anyone else catch the Bulls game on WGN? Rose was a beast down the stretch, scoring on four consecutive trips and dishing out 17 assists.
    Best killer in the game. He's nastier than anyone else at the end of a game right now. He's two times the PG that any other elite pg is IMO. He is in an elite class with Koeb & LeBron in the NBA too IMO, no one else (save DWade and DWight Howard) would even be close.

  4. #124

    Join Date
    May 01
    Location
    KY:)
    Posts
    18,096

    All these glamour players/teams get all the pub but I sure as heck wouldn't feel comfortable having to go on the road in a series to play the Spurs if they are healthy. They are going to be very hard to beat when they have the home advantage which is going to be the whole tourney probably.
    Did anybody watch that Lakers/Suns game the other night btw? WOW! That was one heck of a game!

  5. #125
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    How? There is no way under the sun the Lakers can get Howard anytime in the near future, I'm just not seeing it. The Lakers won't have cap for the next 10 years. Kobe's 30 million dollar contract in about 2 years hurts them there, and will kill them with the new CBA.

    For the Lakers to be able to get him, they'd have to do a sign and trade number 1. We don't even know if that will be something that is around in the future. If they can do a sign and trade, it has to be something the Magic will agree to. Who would you take going forward for the next dozen years, Andrew Bynum or Brook Lopez? Nets will also have other throw in players available that are infinitely better than what the Lakers have. In two years how much value is Steve Blake going to have?

    His best opportunity will be to go to Boston, because these power moves just won't work with the new CBA, I would almost guarantee that. Just imagine if there is a franchise tag. How do you see Howard getting there HT?
    I can't forecast that far down the road but it's going to happen. There are just to many uncertain issues with the NBA right now. Just bookmark this post and well talk about it in 2 years.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    I can't forecast that far down the road but it's going to happen. There are just to many uncertain issues with the NBA right now. Just bookmark this post and well talk about it in 2 years.
    Will do .

  7. #127

    Join Date
    Jan 04
    Location
    pikeville
    Posts
    13,078

    I agree with Cats3.....The Lakers would have to overhaul their entire roster to acquire Howard, don't see how they do it in two years and with a hard cap in the new CBA. Right now I'm wanting to say they are over by 30 some million, the talks are that the hard cap won't allow a team to be over more than 5-10 million, regardless of whether you pay the luxury tax or not.

  8. #128

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by dolamite View Post
    I agree with Cats3.....The Lakers would have to overhaul their entire roster to acquire Howard, don't see how they do it in two years and with a hard cap in the new CBA. Right now I'm wanting to say they are over by 30 some million, the talks are that the hard cap won't allow a team to be over more than 5-10 million, regardless of whether you pay the luxury tax or not.
    Kobe's deal is really going to hurt the Lakers with the new CBA. Miami almost has two of the Big 3 for the price Kobe will be paid in the future.

  9. #129
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

  10. #130

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    1a. Kobe 1b. Lebron 2. Kevin Durant 3. Derrick Rose

  11. #131

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    1a. Kobe 1b. Lebron 2. Kevin Durant 3. Derrick Rose
    I'll say Kobe & Lebron 1 & 1a in some order.
    3. Rose
    4. DHoward
    5. DWade
    6. Maybe Durant, but I think Westbrook is almost his equal. KD is the most overrated guy in league history IMO.

  12. #132

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    ^ I'd say the same about Lebron. Those who put him head and shoulders above the rest of the league make me sick..

  13. #133

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    ^ I'd say the same about Lebron. Those who put him head and shoulders above the rest of the league make me sick..
    Atleast LeBron has 2 MVPs, has led his team to the Finals, Conference Finals, Best record in the conference, & best record in the league. And never had anywhere near the talent KD has had around him. No where near a legit comparison IMO. Kevin Durant gets Russell Westbrook & Serge Ibaka, LeBron got Boobie Gibson and Big Z.

    Take Russell Westbrook off of the Thunder and I doubt the Thunder even make the playoffs last year and they probably barely get in this year. To me at least Kevin Durant is Carmelo Anthony or TMac until he proves otherwise.

    Outside of Kobe, LeBron has been head and shoulders above the rest of the league the last 5 years has he not?

  14. #134
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Miami just lost to the Cavs. Wow that is one horrible roster.

  15. #135
    mcpapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 05
    Location
    Home of a proud papa
    Posts
    62,332

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Miami just lost to the Cavs. Wow that is one horrible roster.
    Did you see the 50-footer by LBJ at the end of the 3rd quarter that was originally waved off, then ruled good after several minutes' review?

Top