Will Chris Carpenter's Son Ever Recover?

Page 6 of Cardinals right-hander Chris Carpenter still has scars on his back from last year... 89 comments | 6675 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,388

    I may not recover.
    Advertisement

  2. #77
    Crash Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    "Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life."
    Posts
    8,953

    Hope his son can't read.

  3. #78
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,388

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis View Post
    Hope his son can't read.
    He doesn't need to read. He needs to "feel".

  4. #79
    Crash Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    "Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life."
    Posts
    8,953

    When that kid attempts to blow up his school, I'm blaming LRCW and Gametime.

  5. #80
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    You don't see brawls in the NFL because everyone is head to toe in body armor. NFL murder cases would seem to imply a much more violent player history...
    Off the field. What's that got to do with the amount of brawls you see on the field?

    And the pads aren't what stops them from fighting. Hockey players have a lot of gear on as well, but it doesn't stop them from fighting.

  6. #81
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    And the pads aren't what stops them from fighting. Hockey players have a lot of gear on as well, but it doesn't stop them from fighting.
    Hockey players drop gloves, toss helmets and get to business. That's really what you're going with???

  7. #82
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Hockey players drop gloves, toss helmets and get to business. That's really what you're going with???
    Are you really going to go with "NFL players dont fight because they are wearing pads"? Really? Have you ever played football? These guys smash into eachother for 3 hours on game day and you think pads are going to stop them from fighting?

    That's it. Has nothing to do with anything else...it's the pads. Right...

  8. #83
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    Are you really going to go with "NFL players dont fight because they are wearing pads"? Really? Have you ever played football? These guys smash into eachother for 3 hours on game day and you think pads are going to stop them from fighting?

    That's it. Has nothing to do with anything else...it's the pads. Right...
    It's punching a helmet with your bare hand. Try it. Let me know how it goes...

  9. #84
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    It's punching a helmet with your bare hand. Try it. Let me know how it goes...
    So your telling me those helmets do not come off...like hockey helmets? I've seen NFL helmets fly off like they aren't attached, it wouldn't be hard to rip one off. And if they really wanted to fight they could take them off like hockey players.

    But...maybe there's a reason they don't do those things. Stiff fines, and long suspensions come to mind. Not to mention penalties your team will receive in the game.

  10. #85
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,788

    I think I watched The Warriors around that age, probably explains a lot about me though.

  11. #86
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    But...maybe there's a reason they don't do those things. Stiff fines, and long suspensions come to mind. Not to mention penalties your team will receive in the game.
    Like the brutal 25K fine and no suspension handed out to Andre Johnson for ripping off a helmet and landing shots to the dome of Cortland Finnegan? Try again...

  12. #87
    halfback20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 02
    Posts
    52,389

    Quote Originally Posted by gametime View Post
    Like the brutal 25K fine and no suspension handed out to Andre Johnson for ripping off a helmet and landing shots to the dome of Cortland Finnegan? Try again...
    You basically proved my point. That was one incident, but it proves that it would be very easy for it to happen more. However theres a reason it doesn't and it isn't pads.

  13. #88
    gametime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 02
    Location
    Big O > Every Wildcat Ever
    Posts
    88,603

    Quote Originally Posted by halfback20 View Post
    You basically proved my point. That was one incident, but it proves that it would be very easy for it to happen more. However theres a reason it doesn't and it isn't pads.
    Your point was stiff fines and long suspensions. Negative on both points. Try again...

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    6,111

    How is Carpenter going to explain to his son that him and Hanley Ramirez were jawing during the game last night.

    Carpenter is always starting something...

  15. #90

    Join Date
    Aug 03
    Location
    Mark "Bo" Pelini was born 6 weeks premature. He designed a blitz to help him escape from his mother's uterus early.
    Posts
    11,984

    There is a twitter account @ChrisCrypenter lol

Top