Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Week 4) Part 2

  1. #1
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Week 4) Part 2

    It's hard to get good help around here.
    Advertisement

  2. #2
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Ryan Franklin's thoughts about Cards fans...

    “I guess they have short memories too because I think I’ve been pretty good here,” Franklin told Rains. “It doesn’t bother me but it just shows some people’s true colors. You’re either a fan or you’re not.”

    “You don’t boo your own team. I don’t care who you are or what you say or just because you spent your money to come here to watch us play that somebody happens to make one bad pitch and give up a homer and you are going to start booing him? I’ve been here for five years and four years I’ve been pretty good.”

    “You should go write stories about the fans booing. They are supposed to be the best fans in baseball. Yeah right.”
    BP was right...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    525

    Looks like there will be a 4 way tie for 1st ( Reds, Brewers, Cards and Cubs) with the Pirates 1GB and the Astros 2GB. Some division.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Mar 09
    Posts
    108

    Rolens bat is looking real slow. He can't catch up to good fastballs any more.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    1,373

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Ryan Franklin's thoughts about Cards fans...



    BP was right...
    He apologized after the second game. Heat of the moment after a loss. He's just struggling and frustrated.

    I wonder how many times we have had a "Looks like BP was right" reference on here.

  6. #6
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by Capernicus41 View Post
    He apologized after the second game. Heat of the moment after a loss. He's just struggling and frustrated.

    I wonder how many times we have had a "Looks like BP was right" reference on here.

    Which shows there have been several times Cardinals have been crying or complaining about something.

  7. #7
    NamecipS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    15,445

    Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew View Post
    Rolens bat is looking real slow. He can't catch up to good fastballs any more.
    While Rolen's bat is a concern, I'm more concerned with Bruce. What is his problem this year?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    1,373

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Which shows there have been several times Cardinals have been crying or complaining about something.
    Ryan Franklin is a veteran who is just frustrated with his game and the results lately and he took it out on the fans and I'm sure he regrets it.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Starr View Post
    Looks like there will be a 4 way tie for 1st ( Reds, Brewers, Cards and Cubs) with the Pirates 1GB and the Astros 2GB. Some division.
    Your team has owners that are so broke that MLB had to take over day to day operations. This is after securing a $30M loan from Fox just to make payroll in the first month. Yiou have bigger issues than who is in the Reds division.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    525

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    Your team has owners that are so broke that MLB had to take over day to day operations. This is after securing a $30M loan from Fox just to make payroll in the first month. Yiou have bigger issues than who is in the Reds division.

    First of all I just made a post that showed just how tight the NL Central was. Not sure why you're upset over that. Secondly, I have no issues. I am retired father of two, grandfather of four that is financially secure.

  11. #11
    oldrambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    I'm ftom the Other Side of the Tracks ....where your momma warned you about.
    Posts
    38,979

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Starr View Post
    Looks like there will be a 4 way tie for 1st ( Reds, Brewers, Cards and Cubs) with the Pirates 1GB and the Astros 2GB. Some division.
    Yes, the one thing in the Reds favor right now is that the rest of the division is having trouble winning as well.

  12. #12
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Bruce will be fine....Happens a lot when young guys sign their first big contract, he's pressing quite a bit. Rolen is the one who looks completely lost out there. He can't hit a fastball if his life depended on it.

    After last night's game, which Arroyo actually pitched really well in outside the 1st two hitters, I'm 2-3 on the year. At least 17 more to go this year, let's hope my luck turns around.

    I'm guessing a lineup today of:

    Stubbs CF
    Phillips 2B
    Votto 1B
    Gomes LF
    Bruce RF
    Renteria SS
    Cairo 3B
    Hernandez C
    Leake P

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Starr View Post
    First of all I just made a post that showed just how tight the NL Central was. Not sure why you're upset over that. Secondly, I have no issues. I am retired father of two, grandfather of four that is financially secure.
    Thanks for the life update. Congrats. I was talking about the baseball team that you like though.

  14. #14
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    Thanks for the life update. Congrats. I was talking about the baseball team that you like though.
    The Dodgers are a mess that is for sure.

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    525

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    Thanks for the life update. Congrats. I was talking about the baseball team that you like though.
    No you made it personal by saying I have bigger issues. This is a Reds thread, this thread has nothing to do with the team I follow. Feel free to post it in the Dodgers thread.

Top