Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Week 3)

Page 14 of Aroldis won't throw maybe this entire series to see if the reason he was throwing 10 mph less that what he usually throws was just fatigue. Advertiseme... 332 comments | 4861 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #196

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    In the zone
    Posts
    13,387

    This one belongs to the Reds!
    Advertisement

  2. #197
    Voice of Reason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 08
    Location
    N. KY.
    Posts
    34,263

    It looks just like last year for this Reds team. Great defense. Depth in bullpen. Never say die. Lose a tough series and come right back in the next series. This group is becoming one of my favorite Reds teams. There is a lot to like in this bunch.

  3. #198

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    In their defense it has never been about his glove.
    No defense for them, the guy produces, sure there are other guys 7-8 years younger that could likely get it done but he's proven and he get's it done. This team has chemistry, and while he may not be a key ingredient to that chemistry he's certainly not hurting it. I dunno, I'll take what he's doing for this team over a series of ????????? after a trade or whatever may get him out of Cinci.

  4. #199

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Why is Heisey not in for Gomes yet?
    While I agreed with your post at the time, I think it's funny how critical we all got(while I didn't post it I was feeling it), Best part is the fact that Heisey doesn't play for the entire game and comes in with a hot hand. I just hope he's here thru the season; atleast.

  5. #200

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam View Post
    I'm going to suck at work tomorrow, even more than usual.

    I literally laughed out loud at this one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    It looks just like last year for this Reds team. Great defense. Depth in bullpen. Never say die. Lose a tough series and come right back in the next series. This group is becoming one of my favorite Reds teams. There is a lot to like in this bunch.
    I completely agree, loving the Red's was something I grew up around, but was never really taught(UK) or got into as much(Bengal's; unfortunately) as other teams, but I've always been an avid fan and can remember and have pics of going WAY WAY back. I'm just so proud of this team. I'm SO SO darn excited the way they DON'T QUIT!!!!

  6. #201

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    6,111

    It's great coming home and looking up the score to the Reds game seeing a big victory.

    I'll hand it to BP so far this year. He's playing great....and limiting his stupid plays thus far from the games I've been able to see. Hopefully he keeps it up.

  7. #202

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Posts
    25,436

    Quote Originally Posted by dmderringer10 View Post
    It's great coming home and looking up the score to the Reds game seeing a big victory.

    I'll hand it to BP so far this year. He's playing great....and limiting his stupid plays thus far from the games I've been able to see. Hopefully he keeps it up.
    Man I'm in no way shape or form a BP fan, BUTTTTTTTTT I am a Red's fan. BP is playing solid, get off his back and enjoy the ride. Why hate when there's no need, even if there is a need, why not give a guy a chance. Honestly, I sound like I'm trying to reason with grade schoolers. C'mon fella's just cheer for our team.

  8. #203
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,753

    Big win last night...pushing them too 3-2 on this road trip. Be nice to get the sweep today.

  9. #204

    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    6,111

    Quote Originally Posted by sportsfan41 View Post
    Man I'm in no way shape or form a BP fan, BUTTTTTTTTT I am a Red's fan. BP is playing solid, get off his back and enjoy the ride. Why hate when there's no need, even if there is a need, why not give a guy a chance. Honestly, I sound like I'm trying to reason with grade schoolers. C'mon fella's just cheer for our team.
    I'm not really sure what you're talking about...I just gave him credit for playing great and not doing stupid things like he's so well know for.

  10. #205
    Jim Schue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Let me tell you something about hard times, brother!!!!
    Posts
    54,236

    These West Coast trips are killing me, but I'll suffer through it … especially when there's a reward at the end of the rainbow.

    However, like Jim Day said, I had visions of another one of those 18-inning affairs, and that would've been excruciating.

  11. #206
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Drew Stubbs cf
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Joey Votto 1b
    Jonny Gomes lf
    Juan Francisco 3b
    Chris Heisey rf
    Ramon Hernandez c
    Paul Janish ss
    Travis Wood p

    vs. RH Tim Stauffer

  12. #207
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    Drew Stubbs cf
    Brandon Phillips 2b
    Joey Votto 1b
    Jonny Gomes lf
    Juan Francisco 3b
    Chris Heisey rf
    Ramon Hernandez c
    Paul Janish ss
    Travis Wood p

    vs. RH Tim Stauffer

    I predict a HR from Francisco today.

  13. #208
    UKMustangFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    Family of 4, coming January 2019...
    Posts
    64,285

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    I predict a HR from Francisco today.
    I predict an incorrect prediction from LRCW today.

    Seriously, I'll be happy if he just makes contact.

  14. #209
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by UKMustangFan View Post
    I predict an incorrect prediction from LRCW today.

    Seriously, I'll be happy if he just makes contact.
    Me too.... He is going to hit 2.

  15. #210

    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Location
    tradin paint
    Posts
    3,055

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    I predict a HR from Francisco today.
    Better hope its a fastball down the middle on the first pitch.

Top