Reds on MLB this afternoon

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    21,995

    Reds on MLB this afternoon

    MLB are showing classic games today and at 12:00 they are showing Tom Browning's perfect game vs the Dodgers from 1988. They at 2:00 they are showing Homer Bailey's no hitter vs the Giants from 2013 in Cincy. Just letting everyone at home know. Enjoy!
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    21,995

    I love on Browning's game the sound is Mary and Joe. Great memories!

  3. #3
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,755

    Maybe I'm dramatic, but I just can't bring myself to watching them. Really missing vending at GABP.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    21,995

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    Maybe I'm dramatic, but I just can't bring myself to watching them. Really missing vending at GABP.
    I understand completely I just wanted to let people know who might be quarantined at home.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Dec 08
    Posts
    21,995

    I had forgot that Bailey carried a perfect game in his no hitter in 2013 into the 7th inning.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 17
    Posts
    1,803

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    I had forgot that Bailey carried a perfect game in his no hitter in 2013 into the 7th inning.
    Homer who? LOL

  7. #7
    gchs_uk9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Posts
    22,641

    Quote Originally Posted by 16thBBall Fan View Post
    I love on Browning's game the sound is Mary and Joe. Great memories!
    I know not all Reds games were on TV at the time but quite a few were. I’m assuming that game wasn’t on TV anywhere. Clearly a single shot camera up top behind the plate.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jul 03
    Location
    Northern Ky.
    Posts
    5,164

    Quote Originally Posted by gchs_uk9 View Post
    I know not all Reds games were on TV at the time but quite a few were. I’m assuming that game wasn’t on TV anywhere. Clearly a single shot camera up top behind the plate.
    I don't know for sure, but I would almost guarantee this game wasn't televised live in Cincinnati. Likely not televised live in LA either, though a better chance. MLB owners were reluctant tollow the televising of all games, fearing the damage it would do to them in attendance. This game could have been televised live in LA and blacked out in Cincy. It may not have been telecast at all.

    It was a mid September, Friday night game and the Reds were all but finished in terms of playoffs. Cincinnati, Friday night, mid September, Reds are playing out the season. Guess what everyone was talking about, football and Friday night HS football, that night.
    I know the Cubs had WGN, and the Braves had TBS, but during the 80's you couldn't just turn on a game except for those two. I think that slowly changed baseball in a good way.

Top