Mike Leake arrested on theft charges

Page 4 of The inquiring minds at WIKIPEDIA are already on it: Macy's shoplifting Incident On Monday, April 18, Leake was arrested by the Cincinnati Police for al... 73 comments | 1792 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #46
    Flotsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    In the BGP Dugout Doling Out Hitting Advice
    Posts
    6,147

    The inquiring minds at WIKIPEDIA are already on it:

    Macy's shoplifting Incident

    On Monday, April 18, Leake was arrested by the Cincinnati Police for allegedly shoplifting six American Rag T-shirts worth $59.88 from the Macy's store in downtown Cincinnati. He was charged with theft, a misdemeanor in the State of Ohio that carries a maximum sentence of 180 days in jail if convicted. Leake has no known prior convictions. He is the first member of Major League Baseball to be arrested for shoplifting since umpire Bob Engel was caught stealing baseball cards from a Target store in 1990. Leake makes $425,000 in his second season in the majors.
    Advertisement

  2. #47
    MJAlltheWay24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 03
    Location
    Alexandria, KY
    Posts
    54,740

    So, any idea if he's pitching Thursday?

  3. #48
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,388

    He should have stolen a hat to cover that nappy head.

  4. #49
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    10,178

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    He had $250 in cash on him as well as 3 Credit Cards.
    He didn't want to eat up any of his card playin' money.

  5. #50
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    So, any idea if he's pitching Thursday?

    Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Leake go to Louisville, and the Reds give the D-Train a shot.

  6. #51

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by MJAlltheWay24 View Post
    So, any idea if he's pitching Thursday?
    Leake is making the start.

  7. #52
    Crash Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 09
    Location
    "Yeah, I was in the show. I was in the show for 21 days once - the 21 greatest days of my life."
    Posts
    8,953

    Look, would I like for a pitcher of my favorite team to be standup guy, I really would. But considering it's MLB, just get guys out.

  8. #53
    John Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 07
    Posts
    24,788

    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Davis View Post
    Look, would I like for a pitcher of my favorite team to be standup guy, I really would. But considering it's MLB, just get guys out.
    Let my kid which I don't have learn to hit balls from Tiger, but not learn how to date girls.

  9. #54
    OlDog75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Sittin' in the stands above the 50 yard line.
    Posts
    10,178

    Quote Originally Posted by LRCW View Post
    Wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Leake go to Louisville, and the Reds give the D-Train a shot.
    Sorry, but I would rather have the thief on the mound at GABP.

  10. #55
    LRCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 02
    Location
    In God's hands
    Posts
    56,605

    Quote Originally Posted by OlDog75 View Post
    Sorry, but I would rather have the thief on the mound at GABP.
    No reason to be sorry, and I didn't say I wanted Leake sent down. I just said I wouldn't have been surprised.

  11. #56

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Leake is now trying to say he bought items previously from there and he was just exchanging them and he didn't know that he needed an employee to make the change for him. I think I agree with Lance McAlister and that might be worse than if he were just stealing them.

  12. #57

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    8,722

    ^ I don't know why he's trying to shake this off. You got caught stealing...man up to it Mike. If he thinks people are stupid enough to believe that, he's even more stupid than I thought he was.

  13. #58

    Join Date
    Feb 11
    Location
    NKY
    Posts
    3,074

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Magic View Post
    ^ I don't know why he's trying to shake this off. You got caught stealing...man up to it Mike. If he thinks people are stupid enough to believe that, he's even more stupid than I thought he was.
    What if he really did buy them a few days earlier? Who's stupid then?

    MAcy's said they would review the tape to see if he did in fact walk in to the store with the items.

  14. #59
    HammerTime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 05
    Location
    "Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." - Napoleon Hill
    Posts
    72,259

    Quote Originally Posted by Bench View Post
    What if he really did buy them a few days earlier? Who's stupid then?

    MAcy's said they would review the tape to see if he did in fact walk in to the store with the items.
    He is still stupid for thinking he can exchange them without an employee. Why wouldn't he ask someone to remove the security tags if he wasn't trying to steal them?

  15. #60

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by HammerTime View Post
    He is still stupid for thinking he can exchange them without an employee. Why wouldn't he ask someone to remove the security tags if he wasn't trying to steal them?
    Exactly. I'm guessing he's bought things from stores in the past and even made an exchange or two.

Top