Bishop Brossart 10, Campbell County 0

Page 2 of Originally Posted by SSC What? New Cath's Jv is better than their varsity. There are very few good varsity teams in the area so if their Jv is better I... 35 comments | 1165 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,742

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenHorse View Post
    Its been a number of years since Campbell beat Brossart and it wont happen soon. Remember the Brossart team is mostly 7th graders playing against true freshmen. At leats NCC played kids the same ages. The thing is 7 Brossart varsity starters will be back next year and 6 for two more years before they even need the younger kids. The Brossart JV team also beat Campbell 5-2.
    Ok, keep believing what you are saying. I know what I saw during the game. Please do not say just because they are 7th & 8th graders their just not as strong. I disagree. If they were COACHED and taught the fundamentals it should not matter what grade they are in. The coach at CC last year mainly had 7th & 8th graders for his freshman team and at no time did he ever say they were young after playing mostly 9th graders. It is about what they are TAUGHT and if they are not TAUGHT correctly they will never get better. Asked some umpires around the area to see what they have to say about what an improvement CC was last year and this year.

    A pitcher can only go so far, even though it is the most important position on the field for NKY. Take Ryle into consideration. If the Allen girl had the hitting & defense behind her they should have won state every year she was there but they did not.

    Sooner or later you keep believing the excuses and that is all they are. Also, Campbell also had an 8th grader & 7th grader pitching against them during the freshman game and they did not hit either one of them well. Like I said before, my money is on Campbell county in the upcoming years.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Foster, KY
    Posts
    259

    Its sad when your talking about wins and lose's at the freshman level and as far as that goes even the JV level!
    Freshman and JV are both set up for kids to play and improve and HOPEFULLY have the opportunity to play at the varsity level. Not a hundred % on this but I thinks its been a LONG time since the Camels have beaten Brossart. If thats the case then I would say the Brossart coaches at those 2 levels are doing something right. I wasnt at this game but As far as the stats being wrong in the varsity game who care's it not HOW its HOW MANY !!!!!!

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,742

    Quote Originally Posted by The Dawg View Post
    Its sad when your talking about wins and lose's at the freshman level and as far as that goes even the JV level!
    Freshman and JV are both set up for kids to play and improve and HOPEFULLY have the opportunity to play at the varsity level. Not a hundred % on this but I thinks its been a LONG time since the Camels have beaten Brossart. If thats the case then I would say the Brossart coaches at those 2 levels are doing something right. I wasnt at this game but As far as the stats being wrong in the varsity game who care's it not HOW its HOW MANY !!!!!!
    Green horse brought up the freshmen team and the JV and my point is not everything is all about the varsity team. Some believe it is but I do not. Yes it is only the varsity team that advances but if you are trying to build a program which the CC coach is trying to do, you have to start with the younger kids and that is exactly what he is doing. He is teaching every single one of his players 7th - 12th grade the correct way to play the game and I think it says a lot about which way the CC program is going. Are they going to beat Brossart maybe not maybe so and if they do win it will only be that much sweeter for these girls who have changed almost every aspect of their playing because they do it the right way.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,454

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenHorse View Post
    Well lets see Brossart's freshmen team beat NCC 14-0 and 17-4 with just 7th and 8th graders. The other day and Brossart starts three freshmen, three sophomores on varsity and a junior. Lets see Brossart's JV team that led NCC 3-1 for most of the game is mostly freshmen. Oh and NCC loses their little horse too along with other seniors. Don't see anything changing actually. Might be 15-5 instead of 7-0. Brossart's offense will be rocking.
    Correction, The NewCath freshmen team is made up 6th & 7th graders ONLY. 5 of the 16 players have 1 year of fast pitch experience, the rest have none. The NewCath starting JV team is made up of 6 8th graders, 2 freshmen, & 1 soph. Minus the Hausfeld girl, aka, "the little horse" on varsity, thier JV team is better than the varsity.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    Correction, The NewCath freshmen team is made up 6th & 7th graders ONLY. 5 of the 16 players have 1 year of fast pitch experience, the rest have none. The NewCath starting JV team is made up of 6 8th graders, 2 freshmen, & 1 soph. Minus the Hausfeld girl, aka, "the little horse" on varsity, thier JV team is better than the varsity.
    What? New Cath's Jv is better than their varsity. There are very few good varsity teams in the area so if their Jv is better I think I would play them. Of course I find this hard to believe

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Mar 10
    Location
    Daddy's Little Girl 3.0
    Posts
    47,454

    Quote Originally Posted by SSC View Post
    What? New Cath's Jv is better than their varsity. There are very few good varsity teams in the area so if their Jv is better I think I would play them. Of course I find this hard to believe
    8th graders can only play JV, per NewCath rules, or they would be playing.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Posts
    9,045

    Quote Originally Posted by Lawnboy13 View Post
    8th graders can only play JV, per NewCath rules, or they would be playing.
    OK, well I guess if New Cath can replace their pitcher they will be pretty good the next couple of years.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Foster, KY
    Posts
    259

    Not sure if thats true. I think the Sanfoss girl pitched varsity as a 8th grader. I may be wrong but I think thats right.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Location
    Alexandria, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,605

    Yeh they made an exception for her I think. They also have a lot of St. Joe players I'm told that should go to Brossart, Isn't St. Joe a feeder school for Brossart?

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 05
    Posts
    1,742

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenHorse View Post
    Yeh they made an exception for her I think. They also have a lot of St. Joe players I'm told that should go to Brossart, Isn't St. Joe a feeder school for Brossart?
    St. Joe's is kind of split I think.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Mar 05
    Location
    central ky.
    Posts
    232

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenHorse View Post
    Yeh they made an exception for her I think. They also have a lot of St. Joe players I'm told that should go to Brossart, Isn't St. Joe a feeder school for Brossart?
    "Isn't St. Joe a feeder school for Brossart?" Well, why not ask the AD from Brossart this question - oops, the post was by the AD from Brossart so I guess I answered my own question. Does the AD not seriously know the answer to this question? Come on BigGreenHorse - why even post that question? Maybe the question should be -" WHY are St. Joe's students going to NCC if Brossart is the feeder school?"

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Location
    Kenton Co.
    Posts
    614

    Brossart should wory about ND, they have 11 kids from St Joes, In a year St Joes will be a feeder School for ND NCC and Brossart.

  13. #28

    Join Date
    May 10
    Location
    Walking Distance within Wooten Field
    Posts
    185

    There are no "feeder" schools anymore. Those walls were eliminated during when they did away with "out of district" or "out of feeder" parishes paying higher tuition. Everyone pays the same tuition rates now. No more "feeder" schools. Go where you want and your school should be selected based on the best academic standards.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 09
    Location
    It's not where I live, It's what I live for
    Posts
    16,347

    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreenHorse View Post
    Yeh they made an exception for her I think. They also have a lot of St. Joe players I'm told that should go to Brossart, Isn't St. Joe a feeder school for Brossart?
    I think she was signed up as a parishioner at St. Therese?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Nov 09
    Location
    Alexandria, Kentucky
    Posts
    1,605

    Sounds nice go to school at St. Joe, pretend to go to church at St. Therese just to be eligible for sports. Why are they going to NCC hmmmm can we say the big R word. Lets see who is the 8th grade basketball coach, etc etc etc

Top