Zeke Pike named to the 2012 US Army All American Bowl

Page 6 of That would be cool if Zeke picked a SEC school. Him and Towles going at it again for another 4 years. Sweet!!!... 98 comments | 9051 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #76

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Location
    Wherever I am needed.
    Posts
    6,281

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Zeke certainly raised some eyebrows this weekend when it was reported that he was ejected from his 7-on-7 tourney for........throwing a ball at the official. The guy from Fox Sports that tweeted it said it wasn't "malicious" and that it should have "just been a 15 yrd penalty." I'm having trouble picturing this.
    Perhaps he threw the ball to the ground and it bounced and hit the ref?? Just a possibility. Hard for me to imagine he threw a ball with intent to harm a ref. Looking forward to more details on this story.
    Advertisement

  2. #77

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Perhaps he threw the ball to the ground and it bounced and hit the ref?? Just a possibility. Hard for me to imagine he threw a ball with intent to harm a ref. Looking forward to more details on this story.
    Fair question. The guy that was there hasn't tweeted any new info.

  3. #78

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Posts
    574

    Who is the better QB of the two, right now? Towles or Pike?

  4. #79

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeCorso View Post
    Who is the better QB of the two, right now? Towles or Pike?
    Oh no.... We would need another thread for that and probably another message board. That one always gets rough. Can't we all just agree that both are high major QBs being recruited by a ton of programs? Any program in the state would be thrilled to have someone as talented as either player.

  5. #80

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by CatsCatsCats View Post
    Oh no.... We would need another thread for that and probably another message board. That one always gets rough. Can't we all just agree that both are high major QBs being recruited by a ton of programs? Any program in the state would be thrilled to have someone as talented as either player.
    Good call, Cats.

  6. #81

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Looks like Zeke has a busy week ahead of him.

    http://footballrecruiting.247sports....-hitters-21648

  7. #82

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Fair question. The guy that was there hasn't tweeted any new info.
    Info from Scout

    http://recruiting.scout.com/2/1063230.html

  8. #83

    Join Date
    Jun 07
    Posts
    837

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Does this mean he has to sit out Dixie's first 7 on 7 this summer?

  9. #84

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by kyvince View Post
    Does this mean he has to sit out Dixie's first 7 on 7 this summer?
    Well played.

  10. #85

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Posts
    743

    Come on Cats was dead on both are good QB's but he is missing the whole point with Zeke. Its not the first game he was tossed from.

  11. #86

    Join Date
    Oct 09
    Posts
    353

    Quote Originally Posted by RomanEmpire View Post
    Perhaps he threw the ball to the ground and it bounced and hit the ref?? Just a possibility. Hard for me to imagine he threw a ball with intent to harm a ref. Looking forward to more details on this story.
    I dont wanna think he would but he might. Kid has a short temper.

  12. #87

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    271

    I'll take towles any day over Pike. The only advantage Pike has over Towles is his name.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeeCorso View Post
    Who is the better QB of the two, right now? Towles or Pike?

  13. #88

    Join Date
    Oct 07
    Location
    Anywhere and everywhere is the residence for Mr. Cats.
    Posts
    12,708

    Quote Originally Posted by ABC2 View Post
    Come on Cats was dead on both are good QB's but he is missing the whole point with Zeke. Its not the first game he was tossed from.
    I'm aware of Piike's past, I just don't want this to turn into another slamfest of a gifted high school athlete.

  14. #89

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Posts
    162

    Quote Originally Posted by READYMADE View Post
    I'll take towles any day over Pike. The only advantage Pike has over Towles is his name.
    Not even too sure about that either. Isn't Towles grandfather in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Just sayin, alot of folks know who his grandfather is and maybe even moreso than Mark Pike. Just an observation.

  15. #90

    Join Date
    May 10
    Posts
    271

    I've never heard of Towles grandfather. The only thing that i know, is after watching both of them play I would take Towles over Pike. Majority of the time when Pike's name is mentioned it's usually before or after his fathers.

    Quote Originally Posted by cricket91 View Post
    Not even too sure about that either. Isn't Towles grandfather in the Baseball Hall of Fame. Just sayin, alot of folks know who his grandfather is and maybe even moreso than Mark Pike. Just an observation.

Top