Zeke Pike named to the 2012 US Army All American Bowl

Page 3 of That would be cool if Zeke picked a SEC school. Him and Towles going at it again for another 4 years. Sweet!!!... 98 comments | 9048 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    2,174

    Quote Originally Posted by ABC2 View Post
    Have you ever seen Patrick Towles or even JJ Jude from JC. both of those are very good players. I also do not recall seeing either of those 2 kids getting thrown out of a game. Which brings up a great question if he tossed from his last game this year will he be ineligible for this game?
    What does that have to do with how good he is and the 2012 Army All America Bowl ?

    Give Zeke a break , he is a great player that made a little mistake , we all make mistakes !
    Advertisement

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Mar 08
    Posts
    2,174

    If JJ Jude and PT have invites to the Army All America Bowl I must have missed it .

  3. #33

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    That was what I heard also but then someone else said he has to sit out his next football game because he was a junior and will be returning next football season. If he was a senior, he would have sat out the next varsity game in whatever sport he played next.
    You are correct.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Aug 10
    Location
    Covington
    Posts
    980

    Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    That was what I heard also but then someone else said he has to sit out his next football game because he was a junior and will be returning next football season. If he was a senior, he would have sat out the next varsity game in whatever sport he played next.
    If that's the case I sure hope Dixie has a game before they play Highlands in the 2nd week of the 2011 season so we'll be able to see the much anticipated match up between Highlands and Dixie

  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by horst muhlmann View Post
    If that's the case I sure hope Dixie has a game before they play Highlands in the 2nd week of the 2011 season so we'll be able to see the much anticipated match up between Highlands and Dixie
    They do. I think they play NC again to open the season.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2013 View Post
    I agree 100%.

    If there is a better football player in the state of KY than Zeke Pike, I sure would like to see him.
    You might want to watch the running back that plays for Ryle pretty sure he is the best in the state!

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Posts
    743

    Quote Originally Posted by hoosierbirdfan View Post
    What does that have to do with how good he is and the 2012 Army All America Bowl ?

    Give Zeke a break , he is a great player that made a little mistake , we all make mistakes !
    What do you mean give him a break. I never said anything negative about the young man. Just the facts!! He has a great frame and a lot of potential but at some point people will get to know the real Zeke.
    I wish him the best of luck!!

  8. #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2013 View Post
    I agree 100%.

    If there is a better football player in the state of KY than Zeke Pike, I sure would like to see him.
    I'll keep in mind that you didn't say Zeke is the best football player in the State of Kentucky, only that if there is a better one, you'd like to see him. Actually one would have to watch every player play multiple games against comparable competition to really have a firm opinion on who is the best football player in the state. And even then, it would be a flawed assessment. Way too many variables and intangibles involved. Having a strong supporting cast makes some players look better than others. Conversely, being the only playmaker on a team whose number gets repeatedly called can tip the scale in that player's favor when compared with a player on another team that has other playmakers. I remember reading a couple of years ago people commenting that Collinsworth wasn't as good as hyped because his stats weren't great and he didn't get the ball very much. Some of those folks really ate their words after the state game when Collinsworth got a lot of opportunities to show his talents and abilities. The quality and style of coaching can also have a big impact on one's assessment of the best football player. Some coaches put kids in positions that will best help a kid's individual performance; other coaches but kids in positions that will best help the team's performance which masks those kids talents and abilities.

    But the long and the short of it is that Zeke is an exceptional high school football player and a whole lot of college recruiters think he'll be an impact college player. I'm sure that's good enough for Zeke.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Posts
    1,517

    Quote Originally Posted by ABC2 View Post
    Have you ever seen Patrick Towles or even JJ Jude from JC. both of those are very good players. I also do not recall seeing either of those 2 kids getting thrown out of a game. Which brings up a great question if he tossed from his last game this year will he be ineligible for this game?
    Seen them both. Both are very good but IMO, Pike is better.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Posts
    1,517

    Quote Originally Posted by uk#1fan View Post
    You might want to watch the running back that plays for Ryle pretty sure he is the best in the state!
    JJ Jude is better.

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Jul 08
    Posts
    1,517

    Quote Originally Posted by leatherneck View Post
    I'll keep in mind that you didn't say Zeke is the best football player in the State of Kentucky, only that if there is a better one, you'd like to see him. Actually one would have to watch every player play multiple games against comparable competition to really have a firm opinion on who is the best football player in the state. And even then, it would be a flawed assessment. Way too many variables and intangibles involved. Having a strong supporting cast makes some players look better than others. Conversely, being the only playmaker on a team whose number gets repeatedly called can tip the scale in that player's favor when compared with a player on another team that has other playmakers. I remember reading a couple of years ago people commenting that Collinsworth wasn't as good as hyped because his stats weren't great and he didn't get the ball very much. Some of those folks really ate their words after the state game when Collinsworth got a lot of opportunities to show his talents and abilities. The quality and style of coaching can also have a big impact on one's assessment of the best football player. Some coaches put kids in positions that will best help a kid's individual performance; other coaches but kids in positions that will best help the team's performance which masks those kids talents and abilities.

    But the long and the short of it is that Zeke is an exceptional high school football player and a whole lot of college recruiters think he'll be an impact college player. I'm sure that's good enough for Zeke.

    I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I would say Pike is head and shoulders better than the talent around him. Probably no one from any other team is as valuable to their respective team as Pike. I'll just leave iot at that.

  12. #42

    Join Date
    Jun 08
    Location
    Independence, KY
    Posts
    21,009

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle2013 View Post
    JJ Jude is better.
    Your dreaming! Elliot can run for 200 yards a game and get 5 touchdowns and also play all over the place on defense and get a sack, force a fumble and a interception! Elliot can do it all!

  13. #43

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Demling had a note today that said Zeke will be visiting UNC and UVA soon. I would assume those are unofficial visits??

  14. #44

    Join Date
    Sep 09
    Posts
    441

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Demling had a note today that said Zeke will be visiting UNC and UVA soon. I would assume those are unofficial visits??
    You are correct. One cannot take an official visit until their senior year.

  15. #45

    Join Date
    May 08
    Posts
    91,216

    Quote Originally Posted by Bpiccolo View Post
    You are correct. One cannot take an official visit until their senior year.
    So you're confirming that I was right.

Top