X vs. Manual JV's

Page 2 of Originally Posted by Xtiger69 St.X 42 Rams-12 42-14... Lets get our facts straight! Yes its two points... but still lets be accurate here. X has a lot ... 33 comments | 1599 Views | Go to page 1 →

  1. #16

    Join Date
    Jul 05
    Location
    The Ville
    Posts
    710

    Quote Originally Posted by GR8BigBull
    Again, the resources made available for this to even happen are not there. That is not the fault of the alumnus or parents, coaches, etc. This is just the fact. The Board of Education spends alot of money on the education of students who cannot even afford their own lunch. There is a very different set of problems that face the elementary and middle schools just having a football program started. The coaching staff would probably have to be volunteer because there would be very little money in the system to pay any of them. I won't even start to try and explain that any necessary equipment to even field a team could not be bought. You can probably remember a time when neighborhood kids played for the Firefighters League or Okolona or even Cabbage Patch. Some of the teams benefited from those kids staying at their neighborhood schools and playing together all through high school.

    This is not a major issue for a school system trying to get some of it's schools to meet goals in the classroom.
    DITTO for the Catholic Grade Schools! All of these issues are the same issues faced by the CSAA in it's fledgling days years ago, as well as today.

    I'm sorry, I'm not drinking this cool-aid, GR8, but if they want to make it happen, they can make it happen! All it takes is someones commitment to make it happen.
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    RowdyRedRam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 01
    Location
    backed up against the wall
    Posts
    5,018

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdieCat
    Do these people think it just happened overnight? I have always been of the opinion that the Public Schools could be better than the Private Schools if they really wanted. JMHO, but I think there just isn't anyone willing to make the commitment to the importance of starting the Public School kids out at an early age to learn the game of football, like the Catholic Schools Athletic Association (CSAA) did 30 plus years ago. Again, JMHO, it's easier to sit back and wine about it than to make the commitment to do something about it.
    There are people who make such commitments, however there are still some very big differences that need to be accounted for. There are no direct feeders, and there can't be with the open enrollemnt of public high schools. If your kid plays for the Middletown Eagles, he is as likely to go to Manual, Male, St X, or Trinity as he is to go to Eastern. As a Manual alumni what youth program should I put my support into to help develop Manual into a stronger football power?

    At X and T you have the religious connection as well as a cultural connection that has allowed a community spirit to be developed without geographical reference. Without these same connections, public schools have a much harder time creating a community out of people who share very few social characteristics. Football has always been a big part of the Catholic community, its part of the identity, and is supported by a large part of that community. In the public school system you may have 20% of the population who even cares about the program, and tries to support it. What don't like to hear, is the 20% being blamed for the 80%'s lack of concern.

  3. #18
    THEGREENDANDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Full speed or nothing
    Posts
    1,738

    Take all this junk to the Public vs Private thread. I am sick and tired of hearing this stuff every single time X or T win a ball game.

  4. #19
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    So is anyone going to tell me about this game? Who were the stand-outs?

  5. #20
    spindoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 05
    Location
    It's the most wonderful time of the year
    Posts
    55,389

    Let's get back to the game and take the personal stuff to the pm's. If you want to debate public v. private, there's a forum for that.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jul 05
    Location
    The Ville
    Posts
    710

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDanza
    So is anyone going to tell me about this game? Who were the stand-outs?
    I can't speak to any Manual players by name. St. X's announcer asked for a JV roster and I have to assume he never got it since he never called any one by name. Their QB seemed very poised. He connected on a lot of his passes, which speaks to both him and his receivers.

    In the first series it looked like Manual was going to march right down the field and score. They gained 9 on a pass play, 6 on a run. Followed by a 4 yard run and 19 on a dump pass over the middle. After 6-7 plays they were inside the Tigers 35 yard line and turned it over on downs on 4th and short.

    QB Brian Buenher for St. X ochestrated an impressive drive to put the Tigers up 7-0. Jermiah Neil (Wootus as he's called) and Demetrius Conley are a powerful 1-2 punch at the running back position for the Tigers.

    The very next series Manual went 3 and out and X blocked the punt. Two or three plays later X is up 14-0. At which point you could see the wind come out of Manuals sails. The only memorable play after that, for me at least, was the blocked extra point that kept X from going up 21-0 just before the half.

    When it quickly went to 27-0 in the second half I left.

    On X's Defense I was impressed with Nick Sears at DB and James Dattilo and Jason Barito at the LB position.

    Also, Wyatt Gray has a leg the likes X hasen't seen for a number of years. During half time he was placing the ball on the 40 yard line and nailed 4 of 12 shots right down the middle with room to spare. As for the other 8, all but one had the same distance, they were just slightly wide left or right. This kids going to be good.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    921

    I imagine there are some lively 11 and 11's between the Varsity 1's and this group of Tiger scout teamers.

  8. #23
    GR8BigBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    620

    Where did I EVER post a comparison between a public grade school or middle school program to a CSAA program?

    RELAX! I am stating the facts that the Board of Education will not let JUST ANY parent with free time run a sanctioned program at these schools. Wasn't trying to get anyone to drink any Kool-Aid! Just different circumstances that will never allow for the schools to build programs at the grade school or middle school levels.

  9. #24
    GR8BigBull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 05
    Posts
    620

    As far as the JV team, X has some nice speed at the JV the football. The LBs and DBs did a good job in coverage and tackling in the open field. The QB passed the ball very well and RB ran hard, kept his feet busy and ran with a good lean.

    What year is the JV kicker for St. X? He put about every kickoff well into the endzone.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    30

    I just love the weeks manual and st. x play. There are more X and T people here crying poverty than I dont know what. Plain and simple here it is for all to see and read.... X won the JV game that is fact.

    Opinion, the resources are not there in Jefferson Cty to do such programs. I know this as a teacher in the system. You say it takes commitment to do it, well yes it does, it takes a lot of commitment for a seperate JV fresh and Varsity team to suit up. It takes money to pay coaches that is not there. Budget issues are always a concern at the High School level, much less middle school. There simply isn't money there to support a middle school football program in the public schools. I am not going to debate Private/Public because I could care less right now. With the NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND ACT, our wonderful President.... George (I will refer to him as that as I refuse to even say he's my president) There are funding cuts in education across the board to finance a war thats unjustified and leave people in Louisiana homeless after a catastrophe. There is no money folks, thats why class sizes are up because there is an ever growing population and schools are over crowded. There need to be more public schools in the city of Louisville because of an overcrowding issue and a high student to teacher ratio. If you dont believe me, PM me and I will send you a 15 page report that I did for a class about the education of America and how we are not progressing instead we are digressing with footnotes included and you can read my position.

    That being said... X won the JV game.... do your thing there, jump up and down you won a JV game and lets get ready for the freshman game and Varsity game... BTW its a 6 tomorrow night at X!

    People, the only reason I see this board on here is that each person pays $15 to state their opinion...An X fan is not going to change one of a T or Manual and vice-versa You just cant. X people love Glaser, T People love Beatty, Manual people love Nichols, and his coaches. Whoever invented this site is probably taking in a lot of money right now for people to gripe when you can goto a bar and do that for free and put back some cold ones as well.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Louisville- home of the St.Xavier Tigers
    Posts
    5,040

    Quote Originally Posted by GR8BigBull
    As far as the JV team, X has some nice speed at the JV the football. The LBs and DBs did a good job in coverage and tackling in the open field. The QB passed the ball very well and RB ran hard, kept his feet busy and ran with a good lean.

    What year is the JV kicker for St. X? He put about every kickoff well into the endzone.
    His name is Gray and he and all the rest of the JV's are sophs.Did you notice he also place kicks, plays wide out, and returns punts.

  12. #27
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    How is Will Lawson from X doing?

  13. #28
    Oxnard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 01
    Posts
    6,684

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDanza
    How is Will Lawson from X doing?
    He is doing very well, Tony. Will starts at cornerback for the Tigers and is one of the leading tacklers in the secondary. He had a great interception last week where he outfought a 6-4 wide receiver for Male.

  14. #29

    Join Date
    Mar 07
    Posts
    683

    What about the St X vs Manual freshman game yesterday?

  15. #30

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Louisville- home of the St.Xavier Tigers
    Posts
    5,040

    Quote Originally Posted by Homerun
    What about the St X vs Manual freshman game yesterday?
    St.X 42 Rams-12

Top