Who are the top quarterbacks in Kentucky for 2020?

  1. #1
    DevilMayCare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    6,706

    Who are the top quarterbacks in Kentucky for 2020?

    I consider myself a realist that trends optimistic, so I'm planning on there being football this fall. Usually a thread like this would be put off until much closer to the start of the season, but it would be nice to see some football chatter around here. With that said, here's my first attempt to stimulate some.

    With the likes of Beau Allen, Reed Lanter, and Jayden Stinson moving on, let's look ahead to the next wave of Kentucky's finest signal callers. I'll get the ball rolling...

    Kaiya Sheron - Somerset
    6'4", 200 lbs
    Offers from UK and Marshall
    2019: 3,218 passing yards/28 TDs/5 ints./68% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/8 TDs - Led the Briar Jumpers to a 14-1 record and 2A state title.

    junior year 3,218 pass yds 96 rushing - Kaiya Sheron highlights - Hudl

    Caleb Jacob - Covington Catholic
    6'4", 210 lbs
    Offer from Morehead State
    2019: 2,817 yards passing/33 TDs/9 ints./64% completion percentage - 29-1 as a starter - Led the Colonels to a 15-0 record and 5A state title.

    219 Junior Season Highlights - Caleb Jacob highlights - Hudl

    Nathan McElroy - Trinity
    6'2", 200 lbs
    2019: 2,597 passing yards/31 TDs/9 ints./61% completion percentage - Led the Shamrocks to a 13-2 record and 6A state title.

    Junior Highlights - Nathan McElroy highlights - Hudl

    Nick Broyles - Franklin County
    6'1", 180 lbs
    Offer from Alabama A&M (D1- FCS)
    2019: 2,437 passing yards/32 TDs/4 ints./65% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/11 TDs - Led the Flyers to an 11-1 record.

    junior season highlights - Nick Broyles highlights - Hudl


    A couple of talented incoming juniors...

    Isaac McNamee - Pikeville
    6'4", 215 lbs
    Offer from Marshall
    2019 - 2,464 passing yards/32 TDs/6 ints./65% completion percentage - Led the Panthers to a 14-0 record and 1A state title.

    Isaac McNamee QB Sophomore Highlights - Isaac McNamee highlights - Hudl

    Gavin Wimsatt - Owensboro
    6'3", 200 lbs
    Offers from WKU and Murray State
    2019: 2,729 passing yards/31 TDs/10 TDs/55% completion percentage - 564 rushing yards/12 TDs - Led the Red Devils to a 12-2 record and 5A semifinal appearance.

    http://www.hudl.com/v/2CWh2C


    This is the first of several position specific threads that I'll post over the next couple of weeks.
    Advertisement

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Aug 17
    Posts
    654

    Cameron Hergott - Beechwood
    6-3, 185 lbs

    Hergott, perhaps the most athletic quarterback in the state, led the young, rebuilding Tigers team a 8-6 record this season and an appearance in the Class AA state semifinals vs. Maysville. Hergott passed for 2076 yards and 15 touchdowns and an impressive 62% completion percentage. He rushed for a team-high 751 yards and 12 touchdowns. During his sophomore season, he quarterbacked the Tigers to a state championship over Pikeville. #Winner

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 15
    Posts
    997

    Nathan McElroy of Trinity has (in my opinion) an asterisk next to his stats. Of his 9 int's in 2019, 5 of those were against Cathedral. Which was a very bad night for the entire Shamrock team.

  4. #4
    Carl Spackler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 20
    Location
    Somerset, Ky
    Posts
    44

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
    I consider myself a realist that trends optimistic, so I'm planning on there being football this fall. Usually a thread like this would be put off until much closer to the start of the season, but it would be nice to see some football chatter around here. With that said, here's my first attempt to stimulate some.

    With the likes of Beau Allen, Reed Lanter, and Jayden Stinson moving on, let's look ahead to the next wave of Kentucky's finest signal callers. I'll get the ball rolling...

    Kaiya Sheron - Somerset
    6'4", 200 lbs
    Offers from UK and Marshall
    2019: 3,218 passing yards/28 TDs/5 ints./68% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/8 TDs - Led the Briar Jumpers to a 14-1 record and 2A state title.

    junior year 3,218 pass yds 96 rushing - Kaiya Sheron highlights - Hudl

    Caleb Jacob - Covington Catholic
    6'4", 210 lbs
    Offer from Morehead State
    2019: 2,817 yards passing/33 TDs/9 ints./64% completion percentage - 29-1 as a starter - Led the Colonels to a 15-0 record and 5A state title.

    219 Junior Season Highlights - Caleb Jacob highlights - Hudl

    Nathan McElroy - Trinity
    6'2", 200 lbs
    2019: 2,597 passing yards/31 TDs/9 ints./61% completion percentage - Led the Shamrocks to a 13-2 record and 6A state title.

    Junior Highlights - Nathan McElroy highlights - Hudl

    Nick Broyles - Franklin County
    6'1", 180 lbs
    Offer from Alabama A&M (D1- FCS)
    2019: 2,437 passing yards/32 TDs/4 ints./65% completion percentage - 959 rushing yards/11 TDs - Led the Flyers to an 11-1 record.

    junior season highlights - Nick Broyles highlights - Hudl


    A couple of talented incoming juniors...

    Isaac McNamee - Pikeville
    6'4", 215 lbs
    Offer from Marshall
    2019 - 2,464 passing yards/32 TDs/6 ints./65% completion percentage - Led the Panthers to a 14-0 record and 1A state title.

    Isaac McNamee QB Sophomore Highlights - Isaac McNamee highlights - Hudl

    Gavin Wimsatt - Owensboro
    6'3", 200 lbs
    Offers from WKU and Murray State
    2019: 2,729 passing yards/31 TDs/10 TDs/55% completion percentage - 564 rushing yards/12 TDs - Led the Red Devils to a 12-2 record and 5A semifinal appearance.

    http://www.hudl.com/v/2CWh2C


    This is the first of several position specific threads that I'll post over the next couple of weeks.
    On Kaiya Sheron's stats I think you had a typo or looked in the wrong place. He actually had 959 yards rushing on 114 carries for an 8.6 average and 8 touchdowns in addition to being 178/260 passing for 68% completion percentage, 3218 yards, 28 TDs and 5 INTs.

  5. #5
    DevilMayCare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 15
    Location
    Hell's Kitchen
    Posts
    6,706

    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
    On Kaiya Sheron's stats I think you had a typo or looked in the wrong place. He actually had 959 yards rushing on 114 carries for an 8.6 average and 8 touchdowns in addition to being 178/260 passing for 68% completion percentage, 3218 yards, 28 TDs and 5 INTs.
    I credited him with 959 rushing yards above. If you're talking about the hudl link, I can't do anything about that. They rounded up to 960 yards, but the zero disappeared in the link. It happens sometimes.

  6. #6
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,035

    Quote Originally Posted by DevilMayCare View Post
    I credited him with 959 rushing yards above. If you're talking about the hudl link, I can't do anything about that. They rounded up to 960 yards, but the zero disappeared in the link. It happens sometimes.
    Zero's often drop off on links for some reason, no biggie.

  7. #7
    barrel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Posts
    1,727

    Hopefully we get a full season to see all these young men play in the fall. It will also be interesting to see which riding juniors start to emerge next season

  8. #8
    Jumper_Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 06
    Location
    To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible
    Posts
    51,035

    Kaiya Sheron has committed to Kentucky!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Feb 20
    Posts
    3

    Larry Cummings
    Senior
    Louisville Ballard

    He is one of the smartest High School QBs Ive had the chance to meet.
    Calm in the pocket, Strong arm and a good decision maker. Probably will be a top 5 6A Quarterback with Total Yards.

Top