Whitley County vs North Laurel

Page 2 of I think NL may surprise everyone and come out of Whitley with a huge win and confidence builder. The offense has been improving, if they can sustain th... 27 comments | 1017 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who will win Friday Whitley or North Laurel

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Whitley County

    26 70.27%
  • North Laurel

    11 29.73%
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Posts
    37

    I think NL may surprise everyone and come out of Whitley with a huge win and confidence builder. The offense has been improving, if they can sustain their drives and give the defense some breathers, the Jags could be a force to reckon with. Wardrup will pull this offense together. Some key injuries have hurt the Jags early on, but they'll be alright.

    NL 21
    Whitley 17
    Advertisement

  2. #17
    Leonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    1,245

    Quote Originally Posted by Apex
    Where does a 600 pd gorilla sleep? Anywhere he wants to!!!!


    How do you keep talanted big kids off the field? You don't, you play them and look to the future when they have a year and then two under their belts as a unit.

    I was just joking about the TE being small, he is getting looks from alot of colleges.
    Good I was worried my old eyes were failing me!:creepy:

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Posts
    981

    I think Whitley will win, no offense to N.L., there just not that sound yet, they are improving, I can not tell if Whitley is improving,they made plays last week, but Newport (no offense) is not that strong in single A. But the most important part is that Whitley did make plays, that is a positive, I don't care if they did play a weak opponent, so they should have confidence this week, and come ahead, but I thought the same thing against the worst Middlesboro team, I have seen in the last five years

  4. #19
    Leonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    1,245

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fundamental
    I think Whitley will win, no offense to N.L., there just not that sound yet, they are improving, I can not tell if Whitley is improving,they made plays last week, but Newport (no offense) is not that strong in single A. But the most important part is that Whitley did make plays, that is a positive, I don't care if they did play a weak opponent, so they should have confidence this week, and come ahead, but I thought the same thing against the worst Middlesboro team, I have seen in the last five years

    Yes it was a bad M'boro team they lost too, but the way I understand it Whitley had numerous turnovers and dropped passes that game. If they would have made those plays they would have won going away.

  5. #20
    sports_monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Location
    London, KY
    Posts
    77

    Well, I hope North can pull this off. I believe I heard someone saying that Whitley was a run stop defense which is the same kind of defense that gave North fits in the Clay County game..so hopefully North can find a way around that one. If North has to rely on passing then I'll give the advantage to Whitley.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Posts
    249

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Fundamental
    I think Whitley will win, no offense to N.L., there just not that sound yet, they are improving, I can not tell if Whitley is improving,they made plays last week, but Newport (no offense) is not that strong in single A. But the most important part is that Whitley did make plays, that is a positive, I don't care if they did play a weak opponent, so they should have confidence this week, and come ahead, but I thought the same thing against the worst Middlesboro team, I have seen in the last five years

    You're right, Newport isn't strong in Single A -- they are in Double A. And I don't know how you could make a negative determination on their season yet. They lost to an undefeated Belluvue team by 7, they lost to the 4A runners up last year Ryle (now a 6A team and they beat Newport Catholic last week), and Whitley County after a long road trip. They WON a playoff game last year in double A. I think they're a solid team.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,618

    I have to agree that the win over Newport doesn't show improvement by Whitley by itself, because a 5A school should always beat a 2A school, especially when the 2A school had such a long bus ride. However, that being said Whitley can show they have improved when they play NL because they are another 5A school.

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    trapping gopher..gopher Everett???
    Posts
    750

    Quote Originally Posted by HT721
    I have to agree that the win over Newport doesn't show improvement by Whitley by itself, because a 5A school should always beat a 2A school, especially when the 2A school had such a long bus ride. However, that being said Whitley can show they have improved when they play NL because they are another 5A school.

    How can you say that they have not shown improvement, they beat a team that was 8-4 and lost to Mercer in the second round of the playoffs, Whitley was 2-8 and not a sniff of the playoffs. Newport plays in NKY and you have to be solid just not to get killed week in and week out.

    On second thought, you are right Whitley is weak and slow and can't make plays.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    5,618

    Quote Originally Posted by Apex
    How can you say that they have not shown improvement, they beat a team that was 8-4 and lost to Mercer in the second round of the playoffs, Whitley was 2-8 and not a sniff of the playoffs. Newport plays in NKY and you have to be solid just not to get killed week in and week out.

    On second thought, you are right Whitley is weak and slow and can't make plays.

    I really don't think Whitley is weak and slow, they just need to be up to par in 5A. If you are going to be a legit contender in 5A beyond just the local district, which I would imagine is Whitley's ultimate goal you have to be able to take care of any 2A school in the state no doubt about it.

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Jan 06
    Location
    trapping gopher..gopher Everett???
    Posts
    750

    I did not nor did you say that they were ready to take all comers, what you said was that win did not show improvement, I disagreed and said it did. And yes ultimately Whitley would like to be a player at the state level, but for now Whitley will take it one game at a time.

  11. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 06
    Location
    southern Nowhere
    Posts
    127

    North by a TD, in the final minutes

  12. #27

    Join Date
    Mar 06
    Posts
    981

    I thought Whitley showed improvement, and I think that they will win tonight. Whitley is slow and weak compared to 5A schools outside of their district, that again is not knock on them, it is fact? When other schools have 60 to 70 on varsity and 20 to 30 on JV/Fresh, it is hard to compete. I am sorry if that makes people mad, I meant no offense by it, also I am sorry that I did not give Newport credit, they are in 2A, and I am proud that they would come and compete against a 5A, and nearly win! Whitley wins going away 27 to 13 or maybe 35 to 13

  13. #28

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    61

    North rallies and gets a big win. Good luck boys!

Top