Trinity vs St. X

Page 7 of Originally Posted by jimmyref Zoeller 2 wins vs Stein 0 wins in head to head QB match ups. huh? Advertisement Sep 24, 07, 10:31 AM #42 TonyDanza V... 283 comments | 13094 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins the Game?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rocks in Blowout

    14 9.46%
  • Tigers in a close one

    65 43.92%
  • Rocks in a close one

    66 44.59%
  • Tigers in a Blowout

    3 2.03%
  1. #91

    Join Date
    Jul 05
    Location
    The Ville
    Posts
    710

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverside 157 View Post
    This game never had a 14 - 7 score. It was 20 - 0 at the half.
    Riverside 157,

    Just a point of clarification - They're talking about the Freshman game three(3) years ago, when Stein was QB for the Pebbles and Zoeller was the QB for the Baby Bengals.

    Just for the record that game was at Trinity's new home field as well.
    Advertisement

  2. #92

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    921

    Quote Originally Posted by Riverside 157 View Post
    This game never had a 14 - 7 score. It was 20 - 0 at the half.
    I don't think he was talking about the JV game yesterday. I think they were speaking of the freshmen game three years when this group of seniors were freshmen.

  3. #93
    TonyDanza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 04
    Location
    Louisville
    Posts
    19,003

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdieCat View Post
    Riverside 157,

    Just a point of clarification - They're talking about the Freshman game three(3) years ago, when Stein was QB for the Pebbles and Zoeller was the QB for the Baby Bengals.

    Just for the record that game was at Trinity's new home field as well.


    Who cares what happened three ago!!!!

  4. #94
    THEGREENDANDY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 05
    Location
    Full speed or nothing
    Posts
    1,738

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDanza View Post
    Who cares what happened three ago!!!!
    Is it Friday yet:fight:

  5. #95

    Join Date
    Jun 06
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,532

    ^ Thanks for the clairification guys. Now I now what year Im in......LOL

  6. #96

    Join Date
    Jul 05
    Location
    The Ville
    Posts
    710

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyDanza View Post
    Who cares what happened three ago!!!!
    TD,
    I was merely pointing out the flow of conversation in the thread that seemed to have gotten lost. I believe the premise of the conversation was that the 3 year ago Freshman group are now Seniors. And that the outcome of that game can be an indicator of what may happen come this Friday. Which, in my humble opinion, I, for one, am in complete agreement. In fact if you go back and re-read the previous St. X threads versus Lex Cath and Male, I drew the same conclusion and it proved to be 100% accurate.

  7. #97

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    536

    Trinity 38, St X 21

    The St X defense will not have an answer for the Dutton brothers. The running back for Trinity, Phillips, will have a big day as a receiver out of the backfield as the St X defense pays so much attention to the Duttons.

    On the other side of the ball St X has not proven it can pass the ball for long stretches of games (they have not needed to so far this season).
    Friday night they will need to pass effectively if they expect to be in this game in the 4th quarter.

  8. #98
    BuddyBW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Posts
    861

    Quote Originally Posted by MBKT View Post
    Trinity 38, St X 21

    The St X defense will not have an answer for the Dutton brothers. The running back for Trinity, Phillips, will have a big day as a receiver out of the backfield as the St X defense pays so much attention to the Duttons.

    On the other side of the ball St X has not proven it can pass the ball for long stretches of games (they have not needed to so far this season).
    Friday night they will need to pass effectively if they expect to be in this game in the 4th quarter.

    Bold prediction. The last time Trinity scored 30+ on X, let alone 38 was...oh...that's never happened.

    I think that the injuries X had earlier in the season may have been a blessing in disguise. A lot of second/third teamers were able to get quality minutes against quality opponents, so more depth was established. The only way that Trinity puts up 38 on X is if X scores fast on their way to 42. I don't think X will put up that many, so T won't have a shot at scoring that much. X will eat the clock with a ball control offense that will be opened up moreso than in the past. The short passes will keep the LB duo honest, allowing the ground game to grind out yards and eat clock. 24-17 X

  9. #99

    Join Date
    Aug 04
    Location
    Louisville- home of the St.Xavier Tigers
    Posts
    5,040

    Quote Originally Posted by MBKT View Post
    Trinity 38, St X 21

    The St X defense will not have an answer for the Dutton brothers. The running back for Trinity, Phillips, will have a big day as a receiver out of the backfield as the St X defense pays so much attention to the Duttons.

    On the other side of the ball St X has not proven it can pass the ball for long stretches of games (they have not needed to so far this season).
    Friday night they will need to pass effectively if they expect to be in this game in the 4th quarter.
    I think you may be underestimating the the St.X pass defense and the speed and athletic ability of the corners,LB's and safeties for the Tigers.

  10. #100

    Join Date
    Sep 02
    Location
    Time and Relaive Dimensions in Space
    Posts
    16,971

    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBW View Post
    Bold prediction. The last time Trinity scored 30+ on X, let alone 38 was...oh...that's never happened.

    I think that the injuries X had earlier in the season may have been a blessing in disguise. A lot of second/third teamers were able to get quality minutes against quality opponents, so more depth was established. The only way that Trinity puts up 38 on X is if X scores fast on their way to 42. I don't think X will put up that many, so T won't have a shot at scoring that much. X will eat the clock with a ball control offense that will be opened up moreso than in the past. The short passes will keep the LB duo honest, allowing the ground game to grind out yards and eat clock. 24-17 X
    By this estimation we might as well just deliver the Shillelagh to the Tigers and humbly apologize for having disturbed them, so as to not arouse their wrath.Woe be the Shamrocks this Friday! We're clearly not even close to in the same class with the almighty, world-beating Xavierian Tigers.

    I just hope we don't lose by triple digits...


  11. #101

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by BirdieCat View Post
    Riverside 157,

    Just a point of clarification - They're talking about the Freshman game three(3) years ago, when Stein was QB for the Pebbles and Zoeller was the QB for the Baby Bengals.

    Just for the record that game was at Trinity's new home field as well.
    It was the old stadium.

  12. #102

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBW View Post
    Bold prediction. The last time Trinity scored 30+ on X, let alone 38 was...oh...that's never happened.
    I don't see us putting that many points up either....but Glaser wouldn't help....a few years ago when we were primed to really put it to the Xaverians, Glaser played super slow down ball....running the clock out, instead of aggresively trying to come back.

  13. #103

    Join Date
    Nov 02
    Location
    Louisville; Mason, OH
    Posts
    41,510

    Quote Originally Posted by Park1221 View Post
    Last I knew Trinity was 1-3 with close losses to Boyle, Lex Cath and 2 TD loss to Moeller. Extra point misses cost the Rocks against Boyle and Lex Cath. They pounded Butler. Kragthorpe and Nix seem to be a potent pass and catch combo. T also has a stud RB who has been coming off an injury. I expect he'll be healthy this Thursday.
    We are 2-3 beating a talented Central team last week.

  14. #104
    BuddyBW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 06
    Posts
    861

    Quote Originally Posted by PepRock01 View Post
    By this estimation we might as well just deliver the Shillelagh to the Tigers and humbly apologize for having disturbed them, so as to not arouse their wrath.Woe be the Shamrocks this Friday! We're clearly not even close to in the same class with the almighty, world-beating Xavierian Tigers.

    I just hope we don't lose by triple digits...
    No need for the dripping sarcasm. I was just responding to a post that I felt was awfully bold considering the history of the rivalry and then gave my analysis of the match, which is something I've not seen from you...just sarcastic remarks...

  15. #105
    Shamrock7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 07
    Location
    St. Matthews - Home of the Trinity ROCKS!
    Posts
    198

    Quote Originally Posted by PepRock01 View Post
    By this estimation we might as well just deliver the Shillelagh to the Tigers and humbly apologize for having disturbed them, so as to not arouse their wrath.Woe be the Shamrocks this Friday! We're clearly not even close to in the same class with the almighty, world-beating Xavierian Tigers.

    I just hope we don't lose by triple digits...

    HAHAHA!! Gosh, I love it!

Top