Owen vs Desales predictions

Page 2 of These two teams are struggling. Any thoughts on this one?... 25 comments | 933 Views | Go to page 1 →

View Poll Results: Who wins

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Owen County

    3 20.00%
  • DeSales

    12 80.00%
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    229

    It would be interesting to see how many predictions were correct throughout the weeks. I would be willing to guess a high percentage of the polls are correct in their prediction.
    Advertisement

  2. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 06
    Posts
    432

    I had to pull for DeSales just because we beat them and my kid almost went there.

  3. #18

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    647

    Quote Originally Posted by Colt45
    If Owen Co. pounds it down the middle they will not do very well. Not to contradict your feelings on the ability of their offense. I have watched DeSales and you are trying to take out their strong aspect of the defense if you plan to go down the middle to weaken them. Where they have been beat is running to the outside of the end or scrambling to the gaps. If you plan to pass it better be a slant to the sideline. My son is also a decent DT or DE and he averages 6 tackles a game. He will be playing with 100 percent intensity looking to take out any player coming his way. So don't count on the defensive line tiring as they do not plan on being on the field for as long as previous games. I do not think fatigue will be a factor.
    How big is he? Year in school? I'll watch him. Sounds a lot like #53 Creech for Owen. He'll put a good lick on anyone coming up the middle.

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    229

    Listed as Boze, #74, may be wearing another number. Jersey has not been found since returning it after individual Senior pics. So maybe #76 ot 78. 6' tall, 213lbs. I will look for #53 Creech as well.

  5. #20
    Play Maker3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    151

    #53 Creech is a dominating player for Owen's D. He always seems to be in the right spot. I don't know if that's due to good football IQ or good coaching or a little bit of both. Boze for DeSales is also a force to be delt with. However, neither are the only focus on each teams D. While both are the prodominate keys for their respective teams D's, both teams have other players that can and will hurt the opposing teams offense.

  6. #21

    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    229

    Quote Originally Posted by Play Maker3
    #53 Creech is a dominating player for Owen's D. He always seems to be in the right spot. I don't know if that's due to good football IQ or good coaching or a little bit of both. Boze for DeSales is also a force to be delt with. However, neither are the only focus on each teams D. While both are the prodominate keys for their respective teams D's, both teams have other players that can and will hurt the opposing teams offense.

    You obviously know both teams very well. I could not agree with you more as both players are one ingredient to their perspective defense. Sounds like both teams have a defense that could cause problems for each teams offense and the interesting thing is both teams run a similar offense. I have heard some really good things about Owen Co. being a really good team with a lot of talent. It would be good for DeSales to get some pass plays working for them this game.

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jan 07
    Posts
    68

    Owen desperately needs a QB that can throw the ball downfield and protection from the O-line. Guys are getting open but they can't get the ball to them

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    647

    Quote Originally Posted by Colt45
    You obviously know both teams very well. I could not agree with you more as both players are one ingredient to their perspective defense. Sounds like both teams have a defense that could cause problems for each teams offense and the interesting thing is both teams run a similar offense. I have heard some really good things about Owen Co. being a really good team with a lot of talent. It would be good for DeSales to get some pass plays working for them this game.
    Short ones over the middle.
    Going deep ain't gonna work. Sounds like two identical teams. Should be fun to watch.

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Feb 07
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    647

    Quote Originally Posted by Colt45
    I find the posts very interesting. Makes me a bit nervous going into this game as it sounds as if it may be a close game if I am reading the comments correctly. I know nothing of Owen Co. except that they may run a similar offense with some things thrown in to trick up the defense a bit. It would be good for DeSales if it is not a close game, but a decisive win. Anyone know directions please advise as will be my first time to the school.
    North on I71 to exit 57 Sparta.(Ky Speedway exit) Right off of exit, Stay straight through Sparta and straight through Owenton. field is on the left behind the Middle School .

  10. #25

    Join Date
    Apr 07
    Posts
    465

    Quote Originally Posted by 20ROOK
    North on I71 to exit 57 Sparta.(Ky Speedway exit) Right off of exit, Stay straight through Sparta and straight through Owenton. field is on the left behind the Middle School .
    road number to help exit 57 is KY 35 which merges with US 127 and then merges with KY 22. The football field is off KY 22 but as 20ROOK says it is a staight shot.

  11. #26
    Play Maker3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 07
    Posts
    151

    Quote Originally Posted by creole
    Owen desperately needs a QB that can throw the ball downfield and protection from the O-line. Guys are getting open but they can't get the ball to them
    Owen's QB can throw the ball down field if needed. Against Henry Co. the kid threw a nice 25-30 yrd post at the end of the half to a receiver but the DB made a great play on the ball. So if need be they can throw it down the field it seems to me they just choose not to throw the but once in a blue moon. I totally agree with the fact that their O-line needs to protect better for the few times they do throw the ball.

Top